KEA has released KCET Cutoff 2020 for Round 2 on December 16, 2020. Students can check course-wise cutoff on the official website or can download the pdfs below. Check KCET Cutoff 2020
KCET Cutoff 2020 will consist of the ranks that a candidate has to secure for getting admission. Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) releases cutoff after the end of each counselling round. Candidates must note that KCET cutoff 2020 is different for each college, course, category, and round of counselling. Check KCET 2020 Result
- Those aspirants who secure the specified cutoff or more will be allotted into their preferred seat. The Cutoff will be announced in the form of Opening and Closing Ranks (OR, CR).
- On the basis of merit list prepared by the authority, qualified candidates will be shortlisted for KCET Counselling 2020 and Seat allotment.
- Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of seats available in the participating institutes or universities.
General category students should score 50 % while SC, ST and OBC category candidates should score 40% to qualify the exam. Since the present year cutoff is not updated yet, candidates can take reference from the Previous year cutoff list.
Factors determining KCET Cutoff 2020
Given below are the important factors that help to derive KCET Cutoff each year:
- Difficulty level on the entrance examination.
- Number of candidates appearing for KCET 2020
- Seat availability in the participating institutes
- Performance of the candidate in the exam
- Average Marks scored by the applicant
- Previous year cutoff
- Seats reserved for various categories
KCET Cutoff 2020 Round 1
The table below shows course-wise KCET Cutoff 2020 for Round 1 KCET 2020 Counselling:
|Courses||KCET Cutoff 2020 Round 1||KCET Cutoff 2020 Round 2|
|For General Category||For Hyd-Kar category||For General Category||For Hyd-Kar category|
|B.Pharma & Pharma D||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|Naturecure & Yoga Science (BNYS)||Download||Download||Download||Download|
Qualifying Marks for KCET 2020
Candidates securing marks equal or above the minimum qualifying marks will be eligible for KCET Counselling 2020. The minimum qualifying marks are mentioned below in the given table:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
How to Check KCET Cutoff 2020?
Candidates should follow the given steps to check KCET cutoff 2020:
- Visit the official link i.e. kea.kar.nic.in
- Click on that link.
- The cutoff for the institution, courses & category wise will be displayed on the screen in a pdf format.
- The cutoff for general & Hyderabad-Karnataka candidates are available separately.
KCET Cutoff for Top Engineering Colleges Closing Rank
|University Visveswariah College of Engineering, Bangalore||19343||5652||5848||7216||11674|
|S K S J T Institute of Engineering, Bangalore||24140||17112||19509||–||–|
|B M S College of Engineering, Basavanagudi, Bangalore||8193||–||1601||5143||2304|
|Dr. Ambedkar Institute Of Technology, Bangalore||24047||10372||14023||22837||19764|
|R. V. College of Engineering, Bangalore||3354||573||798||622||584|
|M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||10175||3042||2432||5949||3639|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||17578||5396||6799||15598||11208|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||16493||5555||5797||8811||10846|
|P E S Institute of Technology, Bangalore||8866||2387||2827||3227||4187|
|Sir M.Visveswaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore||19758||6230||4319||19078||17092|
KCET 2020 Reservation Table
KCET counselling has some seats reserved under the government quota. Candidates can have a look at the reservation scheme mentioned below:
|Category||Seat Reservation ( in %)|
|Rural Candidates||15 % of Govt. seats|
|Kannada medium||5 % Govt. seats|
|Jammu & Kashmir migrants||1 seat in every college.|
|OBC/ ST/ SC- 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B||Not Available|
|Defence Personnel of Karnataka region||10% seats in all Engg. Colleges|
|Sports Special Category||Not available|
|Scouts and Guides||Not available|
|Physically Disabled||Not available|
|NCC Category||Not available|
|Supernumerary Category||5 % seats in all Engg. colleges|
KCET Cutoff for Top 3 Private Institutes
Below tabulated is the expected KCET cutoff for top 3 participating institutes in KCET 2020:
|Name of the College||Course Name||Category||Cutoff|
|RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||Civil Engineering||1G||4429|
|Computer Science & Engineering||1G||798|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||1G||3227|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||1G||901|
|MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||Civil Engineering||1G||16465|
|Computer Science Engineering||1G||3639|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||1G||6171|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||1G||4319|
|BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore||Civil Engineering||1G||15428|
|Computer Science Engineering||1G||1099|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||1G||5797|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||1G||1601|
KCET Counselling Procedure 2020
- To participate in the KCET Counselling 2020, candidates have to verify their original documents first.
- After document verification, if candidates are found to be eligible, then they will be able to avail the online option entry.
- The option entry can be done from the official website of KEA.
- During option entry, candidates have to fill choices for branch and college by paying the counselling fee.
- After a few days of option entry, the seat allotment result will be announced through online mode.
- Allotment of seats will be purely based on candidate’s rank in KCET exam and choices filled by them.
- The admission letter can be downloaded by the candidates after allotment of seats from the website.
- The candidates can confirm their seats by reporting to the allotted institute and complete all admission formalities.
Documents Required during Counselling
The given below list of documents have to be produced by the candidates on counselling day.
- KCET 2020 Score Card
- Copy of filled-in KCET 2020 application form
- KCET 2020 Admit Card
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- One ID proof
- Study Certificate duly signed by the concerned BEO/DDPI
- Four latest passport size photographs
KCET Cutoff 2020 FAQs
Question: When will KCET cutoff 2020 be released?
Answer: KCET 2020 result has been announced on August 21, 2020. The cutoff will be released by KEA after the end of each counselling round. Candidates must note that KCET cutoff 2020 will be different for each college, course, category, and round of counselling.
Question: Do I need to score a minimum KCET cutoff?
Answer: KCET cutoff 2020 is the minimum marks required by candidates for admission and in order to become eligible for the admission process you need to score the minimum cutoff marks.
Question: I secured marks equal to KCET cutoff. Will I be able to get admission through KCET 2020?
Answer: Candidates with a score higher than the cutoff marks have higher chances to get admission in comparison to those who have marks equal or near to the cutoff marks. However, candidates should keep checking the list released by authorities.
Question: Is KCET cutoff common for all engineering specializations?
Answer: No, the authorities release separate cutoff marks for B.Tech specializations of the various institutes.
Question: Who will release KCET cutoff 2020?
Answer: The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) will release cutoff marks for KCET candidates. The cutoff will be different for each college, course, category, and round of counselling.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.