NMAT Scheduling option is provided by GMAC for candidates to self-schedule NMAT 2020 between September and December 2020. Scheduling for NMAT by GMAC 2020 is done on first-come-first-serve basis. Candidates can select exam center, exam date and slot as per their preference and real-time availability. Check NMAT 2020 Exam Dates
- After successful NMAT Registration, NMAC scheduling feature gets activated on the candidate login page, at the official website.
- NMAT Scheduling for phase 2 will be open through January 18, 2021 to January 29, 2021.
- NMAT scheduling window for phase 1 ended on Dec 2, 2020. NMAT rescheduling window opened on Sep 14 and closed on Jan 17, 2021
- A maximum of 3 attempts of NMAT are allowed during the exam delivery window. Only 2 test attempt can be changed at a time.
- Upon successful completion of NMAT scheduling, a confirmatory email by GMAC with the scheduled test details is sent to the candidate.
Table of Contents
NMAT 2020 Scheduling Date
|NMAT 2020 Scheduling (Phase 1)|| |
|NMAT 2020 Exam Date|| |
|NMAT 2020 Registration - Retake|| |
|NMAT 2020 Rescheduling|| |
|Phase 2 Rescheduling||January 18, 2021 to January 29, 2021|
How to Schedule NMAT Exam 2020
After the completion of registration and fee payment, candidates can schedule their tests through the ‘Schedule Exam’ link available in the dashboard on the official website of NMAT 2020. The portal offers candidates the facility to check the availability of seats at the test centre on a real-time basis.
- Applicants have the liberty to choose the date, time slot as well as a preferred test location. However, allotment is subject to availability of the preferred date/time/location.
- Within 24 hours of test scheduling, a confirmatory e-mail specifying NMAT test centre is received by candidates.
- Non-receipt of the confirmatory email should be reported to NMAT Helpdesk immediately.
NMAT by GMAC Scheduling: Important Points
- Candidates who have completed their registration and fee payment procedure completely within the stipulated deadlines will be allowed to schedule their test on the official website.
- The scheduling for NMAT can be done using the exam scheduling tab in the official website once the fee payment is received at GMAC’s end.
- Candidates can schedule their test any time during the scheduling window, provided the same is at least 24 hours later from the time of scheduling.
- In case a candidate does not appear for the scheduled test, then the chance will be considered as lost and non-appearance at the scheduled test will be marked "No Show”.
How NMAT 2020 Scheduling is trouble-free?
To relieve candidates from the task of registering for NMAT, GMAC has made easy the process of NMAT Registration. Taking the test and applying to any school, can be time consuming and stressful. Hence, GMAC makes sure that candidates do not face any troubles while NMAT Registrations. It does so by the following ways:
Choosing a date, time and location of your convenience
A long testing window allows you to choose a convenient NMAT Exam Date. The 75-day test window opens in the first week of October and extends till the third week of December.
Can practice self-scheduling
One can choose their test appointment dates, time and location in real-time based on the availability of seats at each NMAT Test Center.
Register for the NMAT by GMAC exam from your mobile
NMAT allows you to register anytime and anywhere by using your mobile or laptop. This makes the whole registration process much easier.
Convenience in the selection of NMAT Testing locations
One can choose from any of 32 conveniently located testing centers to take the exam.
Sending scores to up to 7 programmes for free
Candidates can select the list of schools or programmes they want to send their NMAT scores to, after taking the exam. Up to 7 schools or programmes can be included in your NMAT registration fee. However, if you wish to send your scores to more than 7 schools or programmes, you must pay an additional NMAT Registration fee.
Can apply to business schools after reviewing NMAT results
One can view their NMAT results and then decide if they want to apply to business schools or wish to sit for a retake. The opportunity of scoring better is definitely offered by NMAT.
To conclude, we feel that the best thing observed about NMAT, is that the NMAT Syllabus and structure provided by GMAC is exactly as the actual NMAT exam. In fact, in case candidates are practicing from the official NMAT Sample Papers, they can expect the actual exam to be similar. While we have given you multiple reasons about how NMAT is a confidence booster, we are sure you must be pumped up to sit for the exam. Prepare well with our NMAT Preparation Tips, and give your best shot.
NMAT by GMAC 2020 Test Retake
Another great advantage of NMAT by GMAC 2020 is that candidates can apply to improve their NMAT Result by retaking the exam twice. This in-turn improves their chances of getting into their preferred college. However, NMAT Retake can be scheduled only 15 calendar days after the initial attempt.
- Registration for Test Retake can be done online through candidate’s login, filling up and submitting the Retake form.
- A stipulated fee payment of INR 2000 towards the test retake must be done.
- The fee payment can be done online using only a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express.
- The registration for retake can be done between November 05, 2020 to January 17, 2021.
- Like Scheduling, test retake scheduling is also available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
NMAT by GMAC 2020 Rescheduling
Candidates have the option of rescheduling their tests according to their convenience. NMAT 2020 rescheduling window is similar to scheduling and retakes windows.
Important points regarding rescheduling:
- Candidates can reschedule their tests no later than 72 hours. Seat availability in terms of the test centre, time slot and date will be on a “First-Come-First-serve basis.
- The fees required for rescheduling is INR 1100 payable online through the official website using the credit card only.
- In case, a rescheduling is attempted at less than 72 hours, then the schedule is cancelled and the fee paid forfeited.
- The rescheduling window is similar to the scheduling and test retake options.
NMAT 2020 Fee
|NMAT Registration (Phase 2)||INR 2300 + applicable taxes|
|NMAT Registration (Early)||INR 2000 + applicable taxes|
|NMAT Registration (Late)||INR 2500 + applicable taxes|
|Retake||INR 2000 + applicable taxes|
|Reschedule||INR 1100 + applicable taxes|
|Additional Score Reports (beyond first five)||INR 200 per Score Report + applicable taxes|
For any support regarding NMAT by GMAC scheduling, candidates can call the Helpdesk numbers 09213027791/09213027792 – Monday to Friday (except public holidays - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM IST).
We hope you have taken note of all the dates and procedures. Good luck for the exam!
NMAT 2020 Scheduling FAQs
Ques. The ‘First Come, First Serve’ principle applies to both registration and scheduling process?
Ans. The ‘First come, First Serve’ principle applies to both the processes, registration and scheduling. The earlier any candidate registers and makes the payment, the earlier will s/he be able to schedule the test. And the earlier a candidate schedules the test, the higher are the chances of getting preferred location and batch for the test.
Ques. What is the difference between ‘Registering for NMAT’ and ‘Scheduling for NMAT’?
Ans. ‘Registration for NMAT’ means filling in the application form. A candidate who is willing to appear for NMAT 2020 will visit the official website and fill in the NMAT Registration Form. “Scheduling for NMAT’ is a process after registration wherein a candidates who has already registered for the examination can select exam slot for himself/herself as per convenience.
Ques. I am not confident of my preparation for the scheduled examination. Is there any provision for retaking the paper?
Ans. Yes. NMAT is a paper that can be taken thrice by a candidate in order to improve the rank. However, for retaking of the examination a candidate can apply 72 hours prior of the scheduled attempt. The NMAT retaking window is open from July-December. A candidate can register for the same by paying apply and paying the requisite fees.
Ques. My paper did not go well today. Can I appear for the examination tomorrow?
Ans. No. Any test taker cannot appear for the test on two consecutive days. Retaking of the examination can be done 15 days after taking the attempt.
Ques. I have scheduled my NMAT attempt. However, I have heard that slots are filling up fast. Can I book a retake of examination before appearing for it?
Ans. No. A candidate can only book the retake of examination after 24 hours of appearing for the first attempt, and the retake date should be 15 days after the date of your first attempt.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.