NMAT Counselling 2018: The selection procedure for admissions to MBA programs in NMIMS and other B-Schools will commence immediately after the declaration of results. NMAT 2018 is scheduled from October 4 to December 17. GMAC will release NMAT Results in the 3rd week of January 2019 at nmat.org.in.
The NMAT test takers are shortlisted for CD and PI as per their scores secured in the entrance examination. The final merit list is based on NMAT by GMAC 2018 marks, work experience, Case Discussion, and Personal Interview. For this year, there are 22 colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC 2018 score for admission for the academic year 2018-2020.
NMAT by GMAC 2018 Selection Process
NMAT by GMAC 2018 is a mandatory test for applying to NMIMS University and other participating colleges various management programmes viz
- MBA Pharmaceutical Management
- PGDM Bengaluru
- PGDM Hyderabad
Selection Process of NMAT by GMAC involves the following rounds:
- NMAT Exam: Computer Based Test at various pre-defined exam centers
- Case Discussion (CD): will be conducted at Mumbai & Bangalore campuses
- Personal Discussion (PI): will be conducted at Mumbai & Bangalore campuses
Round 1: NMAT Exam
- Management aspirants must apply for NMAT by GMAC 2018 in order to enroll into the participating colleges.
- The exam is a computer-based.
- It consists of 120 questions multiple-choice questions (MCQ).
- The duration of the exam is 120 mins (2 hours).
- Every correct answer will be awarded 3 marks.
- There is no negative marking.
- GMAC provides the option to schedule, reschedule and retake the examination.
- Only 3 attempts are permitted per year.
- Candidates who have scored more than or equal to minimum cut off will be called for further selection process.
CheckNMAT Exam Preparation Tips
Note: Candidates shortlisted for Round 2 and Round 3 will be able to download their call letters. It is mandatory to carry their admit card and call letter while appearing for the rounds.
Round 2: NMAT by GMAC 2018 Case Discussion
- The second stage of NMAT by GMAC 2018 Selection Process is Case Discussion.
- Shortlisted candidates will be divided into a group of 5-10 person.
- Each group will be asked to discuss a case for 15-20 minutes.
- In this round, a candidate will be observed and given points for different things like reasoning, quick response to the opponent and the right explanation in favor or against the topic among other things.
- Based on the performance in CD, candidates will be selected for Personal Interview.
Round 3: NMAT by GMAC 2018 Personal Interview
- This is the final round in the selection procedure.
- The personal Interview is conducted to judge candidate’s knowledge of diverse topics, confidence, ability to counter pressure among other things.
- It is suggested to put up their best attitude and answer all the questions with confidence in front of the interviewer.
- Candidates will have to present all the original document of formal education and work experience (if any).
- The interviewer will ask back to back questions to check the candidate's pressure handling.
- The interviewer will start judging you the moment you enter your room.
Documents Required for NMAT Counselling
Candidates must carry the following documents in original as well as photocopies (atleast 2) at the time of reporting at the colleges.
- Passport size photograph
- NMAT Call Letter
- NMAT Admit card
- Demand Draft as per the defined guidelines by GMAC
- Class 10 & 12 Certificates
- NMAT Score card (if applicable)
- NMAT Degree/ provisional certificate
- Caste Certificate, signed by the authorized authority
- Medical documents mentioned on NMAT application form
Note: The final merit list will be based on the NMAT by GMAC 2018 score, scores of Case Discussion and Personal Interview, and work experience. Based on this merit list, candidates will get admission to colleges.
Institutes accepting NMAT by GMAC Scores
NMAT by GMAC 2018 by GMAC score are accepted by various institutions like Narsee Monjee institute of management study (NMIMS), VIT etc. These colleges select the candidates according to the stages mentioned above. Candidates are given admission according to the number of vacant seats, availability of the desired course and performance in the selection process.
The institues/ universities accepting NMAT Scores are:
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee institute of management Studies (Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad)
- ICFAI Business school (IBS, Hyderabad and other locations)
- SDA Bocconu Asia Center
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- ISBR Business School
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
- VIT University
- Thapar School of Management
- BML Munjal University
- Amity University
- Woxsen School of Business Management
- SRM University (Chennai, Delhi NCR Sonipat)
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University
- Mody University
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Shiv Nadar University
- BSE Institute Limited
- Bennett University
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- Jindal Global Business School (Delhi/ NCR)
Check NMAT by GMAC Participating Institutes
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College