Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Automobile Engineering is a 4-year graduation program that deals with the basics of manufacturing and designing, and operating Automobiles such as - Truck, Busses, cars, etc.
Admission in BE course is usually done through MERIT base but some of the colleges in India took their Entrance course in their college, eligibility to do Bachelor of Engineering in Automobile is that you have to pass at least 10+2 and having Subjects in 12th standard such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics through any of the recognized board.
Average fees of BE courses is INR 10,000 to 4,00,000. Some of the college which is under the government control there fees is lower than INR 10,000 also but this college was limited only.
After graduation students get the opportunity to work as Automotive Engineers, Automobile Engineers, Mechanical and Automobile Engineers, Assistant Managers, Design Engineers, etc with an average salary of INR 2-12 LPA.
BE Automobile Engineering: Highlights
|Program||Bachelor of Engineering (Automobile)|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% Qualified in 10+2 with Physics Chemistry and Mathematics.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam and Merit-based|
|Average Fees||INR 10,000 to 4,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2-12 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||TATA Motors, Mahindra, Ford, Honda, Ashok Leyland, Renaults, Nissan, General Motors, Hyundai, Bajaj, Hero, and many more|
BE Automobile Engineering: Admission Process
Admission in some of the Engineering colleges is Depend based on several entrance Exams at the state and National Level Entrance Exam. Entrance is through the merit and Cutoff as well as exam also, some states like Tamilnadu, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan conducts Centralised exam and online basis also and the candidates with or without entrance can apply with their documents.
BE Automobile Engineering: Exam Based Admission:
- Those students who want to graduate in B.E. have to sit in the entrance examination and after Qualifying for the examination they have a right to take admission to college or universities.
- Some private institutions like BIts Pilani and SRM University, VIT University conduct their entrance exams on an online and offline basis.
- Some of the states have common entrance test for the students to provide better institution to every student through their marks
BE Automobile Engineering: Eligibility Criteria
- Those who want to take admission in BE Automobile Engineering must have to qualify 10+2 with above 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from any recognized board.
- Some the institutions like - NITs, IITs, or BITS Pilani the minimum percentage criteria required is 60%.
BE Automobile Engineering: Entrance Exams
Some of the Entrance Exam Test in 2021 with their registration date, and Examination date:
|Exam Date||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|JEE Main||December 16, 2020 - January 23, 2021||February 23, 26 2021|
|MHT CET||2nd week February-April 3rd week||May 1st week 2021|
|WB JEE||February 23, 2021 - March 23, 2021||July 11, 2021|
|K CET||TBA||July 7 & 8, 2021|
BE Automobile Engineering: How to Prepare for Entrance Exams?
After filling the admission form, go through the exam syllabus thoroughly and follow the timetable to complete the full syllabus on time. Apart From that, you should have some background or knowledge regarding B.E course Detail, so that these questions are not completely new to you.
- Practice Minimum 5-year previous Exam paper to know the Examination pattern.
- Identify your weak point and do more practice on them so at the time of examination you remember them.
- Purchase or make revision Notes. It helps to revise all the important topics before the exam day.
- At the time of Leaning makes you Focused on NCERT topics either Maths or Thoroughly, or Computer science also. Because questions usually come from this.
See more: BE Automobile Engineering Cutoff
BE Automobile Engineering: How to Get Admission in a Good College?
- Admissions took place through entrance exams like JEE MAIN, etc.
- Hence, if you want to get into a good B.E college, then your preparation should be for the competition level of the entrance exam.
- Some colleges also take admission on Merit-Based or previous level of Marking.
- Make sure you have to apply for an admission form before the DeadLine of the admission form.
- Prepared for the Group Discussion and personal interview round as well. Be confident while speaking with the Mentors, so they can decide your Personality.
BE Automobile Engineering: What is it About?
- Bachelor of Engineering in Automobile is a part of Engineering which deals with production to Sell a vehicle in which Designing, Manufacturing, mechanical mechanism as well as operations of Automobiles.
- Such Candidates were hired in industries such as vehicles engineering who build cars, Busses, Motorcycles, Trucks
- B.E provides and Demonstrates in-depth Knowledge in Technical areas of industrial, Automobiles which easily leads to skills required to meet the challenges of the Vehicles and IT sector.
- The course requires students to learn different important and latest vehicles engines and some computer software also like- C++ which candidates were highly demanded in this Sector.
Why Study BE Automobile Engineering?
- The massive demand for Automobile engineers is in the Vehicle sector like:- Design, Fabricate, Develop, and manufacture Motors of Vehicle and vehicle parts from the concept stage to the production stage.
- In this Field, candidates learn about vehicles or Machines design to manufacturing as well as about consumers also.
Basically, this field has divided into three Section such are:-
Some of the biggest Companies Like BMW and Mercedes hired engineers from the top colleges in India with higher salary slips.
BE Automobile Engineering: Course Comparison
BE Automobile Engineering and B.Ed Computer Science are similar but the differences are listed below:
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Education||Bachelor of Engineering|
|Domain||Computer Science||Automobile Engineering|
|This course is for those who want to become a Government teacher in the future or to be a lecturer in any college.||This is a Bachelor Degree in IT Sector this is continued by those candidates who want to make their career in the technology field of Automobile.||-|
|Duration||2 year||4 year|
|Eligibility||Graduate from Recognised college of India in any Field||10 + 2 from the recognized Board of India|
|Average Annual fees||INR 30,000-60,000||INR 40,000-16,00,000|
|Annual salary Offered||INR 3-8 LPA||INR 2-15 LPA|
BE Automobile Engineering: Top Colleges
|Name of Institute||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|Indian Institute Of Technology Madras - [Iitm]||INR 75,116||INR 6.25 LPA|
|Vellore Institute Of Technology||INR 1,98,000||INR 6.25 LPA|
|Chandigarh University||INR 1,60,000||INR 9 LPA|
|National Institute Of Technology||INR 130,000||INR 9 LPA|
|Manipal Academy Of Higher Education||INR 3,35,000||INR 8.7 LPA|
|Birla Institute Of Technology||INR 4,25,500||INR 11.76 LPA|
|Hindustan Institute Of Technology And Science||INR 2,87,000||INR 6.25 LPA|
|Amity University||INR 3,11,000||INR 6 LPA|
|Srm Engineering College,||INR 2,60,000||INR 8.3 LPA|
|Manipal Institute Of Technology||INR 3,35,000||INR 7.5 LPA|
|P.S.G College Of Technology||INR 87,000||INR 6.25 LPA|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University||INR 12,500||INR 9.5 LPA|
BE Automobile Engineering: College Comparison
|Parameter||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||Chandigarh University||Vellore Institute Of Technology|
|Overview||One of the biggest Institution of the technology sector, in Chennai||One of the biggest universities in Chandigarh that provides a better educational environment with the best infrastructure.||The list of the best colleges in the country includes the Vellore Institution name with great facilities for candidates|
|Rank||NIRF Rank 1st||NAAC A+||NIRF 28|
|Annual fees||INR 75,116||INR 1,60,000||INR 1,98,000|
|Average Starting Package Offered||INR 11 LPA||INR 9 LPA||INR 6.50 LPA|
|Placements Companies||Microsoft, Mahindra, Hero, Honda, BMW, Renaults, TATA MOTORS, etc||Cognizant, Schneider Electric India, Play simple, Amada India LTD, Genpact.||Honda, Hero, Ranaulds, Mahindra, Wipro, Infosys, TATA MOTORS, Maruti Suzuki, etc.|
BE Automobile Engineering: Syllabus
B.E. course is the 4-year course so in semester wise examination there is a total 8-time examination in 4 years their syllabus is
|Technical English-I||Technical English-II|
|Engineering Physics-I||Engineering Physics-II|
|Engineering Chemistry-I||Engineering Chemistry-II|
|Engineering Graphics||Basis Electrical and Electronic engineering|
|Fundamental Of computing and Programming||Engineering Mechanics|
|Transform and Partial Differential equations||Statistics and Numerical Methods|
|Engineering Thermodynamics||Applied Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer|
|Fluid Mechanics and Machinery||Engineering Material and Metallurgy|
|Automotives Engines||Strength for Materials|
|Machine Of Machines||Electronics and Micro process|
|Production Technology||Automotive Chassis|
|Environmental Science And Engineering||Principles of Management|
|Design Of Machines Elements||Automotive Engines And Components Design|
|Automotive Transmission||Automotive Chassis Components Design|
|Automotive Electrical and Electronics||Two and Three Wheelers|
|Automotive Fuel and Lubricants||Composite Material|
|Vehicle Design And Data Characteristics||Finite Elements Analysis|
|Engines And Vehicle managements system||Vehicle body Engineering|
|Vehicles Dynamics||Marketing Management|
|Vehicle Maintenance||Automotive Safety|
|Automotive Pollution and Control||-|
|Automotive Aero - Dynamics||-|
BE Automobile Engineering: Top Job Profiles
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Sales Officers||The main functions of the Sales Officer are in charge of showing and selling automobiles to people who are coming to showrooms. They also have to know about every single vehicle part specification.||INR 2-3 LPA|
|Product Developments Engineer||A product development engineer is a designer of the automobile or vehicles, they assemble also they come in the Manufacturing part of the company.||INR 4-5 LPA|
|Automobile Engineer||They are responsible for vehicle developments, design, testing, and manufacturing||INR 5-6 LPA|
|Design Engineer||Design engineers are responsible to study research and develop ideas for a new design of a product and a system used to create them.||INR 6-7 LPA|
BE Automobile Engineering: Future Scope
After completing a Bachelor of Engineering in Automobile candidates can opt for:
- ME Automobile engineering or MBA and further if interested in a research degree can go for a Ph.D.
- Candidate who can find suitable jobs after completing B.E in automobile sector but if a candidate has a mindset of Entrepreneurship so he can open his own Business or Company.
- If candidates want to go in the teaching line so he or she can join college and School also.
BE Automobile Engineering: FAQs
Ques. IS B.E. is a Good Course?
The courses are perfect for the technology sector students. students can also go through many courses after the B.E. Such as MBA, M.Tech, etc
Ques. Is there any college that Provides an Education Loan to complete a Bachelor Of Engineering Degree From India?
Ques. Is B.E. is Better than BCA?
Ques. What Are the top B.E. College in Delhi?
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- GB Pant Institution of Technology
- Baba Saheb Ambedkar Technical Education Society
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Polytechnic Institution
Ques. What is the Basic Difference Between M.Tech and B.E?
Ques. Is there any scholarship available for the course?
- AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme.
- Deemed Universities, Merit-Based Scholarships / Fee Waiver.
- Scholarship Schemes of State Governments.
Ques. What is the BE Automobile Engineering Course Outcome?
Ques. Is Automobile a good sector to work in?