BSc Nursing 2021 Applications for PGIMER, Sikkim Manipal University, CMC Vellore and ACN Jalandhar are now open. Candidates can either give NEET 2021 or entrance exam conducted by these colleges to pursue BSc Nursing in top medical colleges.
Students aspiring to pursue the BSc Nursing course can apply for NEET, which is the major entrance exam accepted by almost every bsc nursing college. There are various other BSc Nursing Entrance Exams conducted to offer admission to the course.
Indian Army has postponed the MNC entrance exam due to rising covid cases, the new dates will be announced soon. NEET 2021 and AIIMS BSc Nursing Exam for 2021 has also been postponed.
To be eligible for BSc Nursing Admission 2021, a candidate must score 50% marks in class 12, in subjects like biology, physics and chemistry.
Top BSc Nursing Colleges: Application Deadline
|College||Exam Accepted||Application Status|
|AIIMS, New Delhi||AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam||March 12 - April 6, 2021|
|PGIMER, Chandigarh||NEET 2021/ PGIMER Nursing Entrance Exam||May 26 – June 24, 2021|
|CMC, Vellore||NEET 2021||April 30, 2021- June 15, 2021|
|NIMHANS, Bangalore||NIMHANS Entrance Exam||March 2021- April 25, 2021|
|SGPGIMS, Lucknow||NEET 2021||October 2021|
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi||BHU UET||June 2021|
|Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Kerala||NEET 2021||June 2021|
|JIPMER, Puducherry||NEET 2021||June 2021|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||NEET 2021||June 2021|
|Sikkim Manipal University||Merit Based||March 2021- May 31, 2021|
BSc Nursing Admission 2021: Last Date to Apply
CMC Vellore and ACA Jalandhar have already started their registration process for BSc nursing admission 2021. You can find the application last dates for other top bsc nursing colleges in the table below:
|BSc Nursing College||Admission Process||Registration Date|
|AIIMS New Delhi||AIIMS Entrance Exam||March 12 - April 6, 2021 (Closed)|
|PGIMER Chandigarh||PGIMER Entrance Exam||May 26 - June 24, 2021|
|CMC Vellore||Entrance Exam||June 15, 2021 (Open)|
|ACN Jalandhar||CWAT Score||May 15, 2021 (Open)|
|NIMHANS Bengaluru||NIMHANS Entrance Exam||April 25, 2021 (Closed)|
|SGPGIMS Lucknow||Entrance Exam||October 2021|
|BHU Varanasi||Entrance Exam||June 2021|
|CMC Ludhiana||Entrance Exam||2nd week of August 2021|
|RBU Mohali||Entrance Exam||To be notified|
|GCRG Lucknow||Merit Based||To be notified|
|BUEST Solan||Entrance Exam||To be notified|
|Dayanand Sagar University, Bangalore||Entrance Exam||To be notified|
|Apex University, Jaipur||ACET Exam/Interview||To be notified|
|LHMC New Delhi||LHMC Entrance Exam||3rd week of July 2021|
|Sikkim Manipal University||Merit-Based||May 31, 2021 (Open)|
BSc Nursing Entrance Exams
BSc Nursing Entrance Exams include AIIMS Exam, NEET, MNS Entrance Exam, DSAT, JIPMER and many others.
As the admissions in most of the bsc nursing colleges are offered on the basis of the entrance examinations. Candidates will have to sit for them after the registration process is done. Most of the exam registrations commence from May 2021.
BSc Nursing Entrance Exam Schedule
|Exam||Registration Dates||Exam Date|
|AIIMS Entrance Exam||May 2021||June 27, 2021|
|NEET 2021||May 2021||August 1, 2021|
|PGIMER Entrance Exam||May 26- June 24, 2021||June 30, 2021|
|MNS Entrance Exam||February 17- March 10, 2021||April 2021 (Exam Postponed)|
|LHMC BSc Nursing||3rd week of July 2021||1st week of August 2021|
|DSAT 2021||To be announced||To be announced|
|JIPMER||4th week of April 2021||3rd week of June 2021|
|AJEE||June 2021||To be announced|
|AUAT||March - April 20, 2021||October 17, 2021|
|BHU UET||To be announced||To be announced|
BSc Nursing Entrance Exam Syllabus
Different entrance exams have a different exam pattern. However, the syllabus for almost all the entrance exams conducted to offer BSc Nursing Admission 2021 is similar. The entrance Exam consists of 5 sections mentioned below:
|Part 1- Biology||Part 2- Physics|
|Part 3- Chemistry||Part 4- Test of General Ability|
|Part 5- Test of English Language||-|
|Living and Nonliving||Cell Structure and Function|
|Plant Physiology||Animal Physiology|
|Reproduction in Plant and Animals||Genetic Basis of Inheritance|
|Origin and Evolution of Life||Human Disorders|
|Ecology and Ecosystems||-|
|The Atomic Structure||Chemical Bonding|
|Chemical Reactions||States of Matter|
|Mixtures||Solutions and Solubility|
|The Gas Laws||Elements and Compounds|
|The Periodic Table||Important Concepts in Chemistry|
|Organic Chemistry||Water and Organic Compounds in the Environment|
|Units and Measurements||Mechanics|
|Heat Transfer||Vibrations and Waves|
|Light and Sound||Electricity and Magnetism|
BSc Nursing Entrance Exams Prerequisites
Before appearing for any BSc Nursing entrance exams, you should follow a set of prerequisites discussed below:
- Prepare a list of BSc Nursing colleges you want to apply for, based on your preferences and the entrance exams they accept.
- NEET is the nationally recognised entrance exam for BSc nursing admission 2021 for almost all the colleges.
- Check the eligibility and admission criteria for all of these Bsc nursing entrance exams.
- Some of the entrance exams are of the national level and are accepted by the majority of BSc nursing colleges, while others such as MNS 2021 are conducted to offer admission to the medical and nursing courses in the colleges of armed forces.
BSc Nursing Admission Process 2021
All the colleges offer admission to BSc nursing course on the basis of an entrance examination conducted either by NTA or the colleges itself. A few colleges conduct merit based admissions.
The candidates must fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria set by each college before filling the admission forms. Candidates who qualify the eligibility criteria will have to go through the steps mentioned below.
Check BSc Nursing Eligibility
- The minimum age limit for BSc Nursing admission 2021 is 17 years.
- The maximum age limit is 35 years.
- Candidates should have completed 10+2 level of education with Physics, Biology, English and Chemistry as core subjects.
- The minimum merit percentage requirement varies for different bsc nursing colleges.
- Apart from minimum merit score, candidates must also have met the cut-off requirements in the qualifying entrance examinations.
BSc Nursing Admission 2021: How to Apply?
Candidates applying for admission to the B.Sc Nursing course should adhere to the following steps:
- Candidates should apply for admission online on the college website.
- Appear in the entrance exam required and must prepare and score extremely well to qualify and get a good All India Rank (AIR).
- Candidates can then shortlist the colleges based on their scores and the counselling session.
- After the counselling session, candidates should accept the seat in the colleges alloted to them.
- Candidates can finalise the admission by paying the admission fee in the given time.
BSc Nursing Admission 2021: Counselling
- After you have been shortlisted for BSc nursing admission on the basis of your score in the entrance test, you are required to go through a round of admission counseling.
- Counseling is nothing but submission of important documents such as certificates of previous examinations, personal ID proofs, BSc Nursing application forms.
- The candidates are then asked to pay the admission fee within the scheduled date and accept the college admission.
State Wise BSc Nursing Admission 2021
Students who want to get admission in BSc Nursing in their state can check out the state-wise BSc Nursing admission 2021 dates and other prerequisites by checking the links below.
BSc Nursing Admission 2021: Top Colleges
The top colleges offering BSc Nursing course according to NIRF Medical Rankings are as follow:
|NIRF Medical Ranking||College||Average Fees|
|1||AIIMS New Delhi||INR 80,000|
|2||PGIMER Chandigarh||INR 10,000|
|3||Christian Medical College, Vellore||INR 71,890|
|4||NIMHANS Bengaluru||INR 2,34,000|
|5||SGPGIMS Lucknow||INR 2,07,000|
Also Check: BSc Admission via NEET
BSc Nursing Admission Tips 2021
To crack the BSc Nursing entrance exams, candidates can follow the preparation tips mentioned below:
- Get to Know the Basics: Learning basics will surely help students lay a strong foundation in the subject and hence understand deeper. Be thorough with your class 12th syllabus to do well in your entrance exams.
- Exam Syllabus: The students must be thorough with the syllabus of every entrance exam they wish to appear for. The BSc Nursing Entrance exam consists of 3 subjects i.e, Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with aptitude and English sections.Students are advised to do rigorous preparation for the same.
- Reference books and Mock Papers: Use your class 12th course books and other reference books to prepare for the entrance exams. Solve as many previous year question papers as possible. Students must time them and strictly follow a time table to prepare for the entrance exam.
- Start early: Candidates who start early can cover more topics and understand better than those who do it later on. Hence it is always advisable to start your preparation well in advance. This will help the candidates to clear their entrance exams easily.
To get the Latest News & Updates on BSc Nursing, Join Our Telegram Group.
BSc Nursing Admission 2021: FAQs
Ques: What is the age limit to pursue this course?
Ans: Candidates must be at least 17 years of age and must not be older than 23 years.
Ques: Is NEET a mandatory exam to apply for B.Sc Nursing course?
Ans: No, NEET is not a mandatory entrance examination. However, it is a national level entrance examination and is accepted by each university and even abroad.
Ques. Can a PCM student apply for this course?
Ans: A PCM student can only apply in this course if they have biology as a subject along with PCM.
Ques. What are the requirements to apply for the course?
Ans: A student must be from the science stream and must also have biology as their subject. Along with this each candidate has to fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria and must obtain a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
Ques. Is B.Sc Nursing hard?
Ans: It totally depends on a student’s interest and capability. The candidates who are interested in the course could find it hard but interesting.
Ques. Can one join the military after pursuing this course?
Ans: Yes one can join the military forces after giving and qualifying the necessary exams.
Ques. Can there be a direct admission without any entrance exam?
Ans: No, a student must sit for an entrance exam as there is no direct admission based on merit for this course.