MBA Executive Retail Management deals with the aspects related with retail management and with the latest concepts and practices regarding functional areas of management. It is a 2 year PG course with a thorough understanding of the concepts and processes involved in retailing and associated sectors.
|ALERT: Checkout CAT Admission Process, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates|
Students who have completed their graduation are eligible for MBA Executive Retail Management course. Almost all the top management colleges in our country admit students on the basis of entrance examinations like CAT and MAT. Some of the top MBA Executive Retail Management institutes, as rated by NIRF 2020 are as follows.
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|Indian Institute of Management - [IIMA], Ahmedabad||INR 28 Lakhs|
|Indian Institute of Management - [IIMB], Bangalore||INR 22 Lakhs|
|Indian Institute of Management - [IIMC], Kolkata||INR 26 Lakhs|
|Amity Business School||INR 6 Lakhs|
|IILM Business School, Gurgaon||INR 8 Lakhs|
There are various types of institutes (like public or government institutes) that offer this course. The average tuition fees for this program ranges between INR 50,000 and INR 4,00,000 in public institutes and between INR 1,00,000 to INR 14,00,000 in private MBA colleges.
The retail management graduates will be able to get hired in public and private organizations in positions like retail store manager, retail sales manager, regional manager,service manager etc. They usually get employment in areas like restaurants, logistics, banks, warehouses, cafes, shopping mills, airlines, insurance agencies etc.
The average placement package that can be expected by fresh graduates of MBA Executive Retail Management usually ranges between INR 2,50,000 and INR 6,85,000.
After completion of MBA Executive Retail Management course, one can opt to enroll in PhD, Mphil,Law programs etc.
MBA Executive Retail Management: Admission Process
The most popular entrance exams for MBA courses in our country is CAT, which is required for admission into primarily public universities. Some private colleges also conduct their own examinations or depend on the national/ state level entrance exams. The guide to apply for entrance exam based admission is as follows.
- Registration: Registration dates are declared days before by the institutes. An account should be made with essential details like email-id, mobile number, and so on.
- Fill up Details: Fill up the application form with all important details with care. Care should be taken to guarantee all the details are precise and right.
- Submit Documents: Scan and transfer all necessary records like imprint sheets. Records should be transferred in a particular arrangement in particular, as determined by the institute's application portal.
- Application Fee: A minimal amount of application fee is to be paid online during the accommodation of the application form. payment should be possible by all online payment modes.
- Download Admit Card: Admit cards are delivered once all candidates are decided for qualification. The admit card should be downloaded and printed out to be used upon the date of the examination.
- Examination: Prepare for the test according to the syllabus and past year papers. Appear for the test on the date reported.
- Results: Results are reported after a couple of weeks of the test day. In the event that a candidate is fruitful in qualifying the entrance tests, they can proceed onward to the following round.
- Counseling and Admission: Counseling is held for students who have cleared the selection tests. The student would now be able to take admission in the MBA Executive Retail Management course.
MBA Executive Retail Management: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for MBA Executive Retail Management aspirants is not complicated and is as follows. It must be noted that the eligibility criteria will vary from institute to institute.
- Candidates must have cleared their graduation from any recognised university
- The qualifying aggregate score required in graduation levels is at least 50 percent marks (45 percent for SC/ST and PWD category).
- Candidates who have a done undergraduate from any branch will be eligible for admission.
MBA Executive Retail Management: Entrance Exams
There are many national and state-level entrance exams to appear for the admission into the MBA Executive Retail Management program. Listed below are some of the entrance exams:
- CAT: CAT examination is conducted by IIMs at the national level. It is held in the month of November of each year for admission into MBA programs. It is an online examination, conducted over two hours and the paper is of 300 marks.
- CMAT: CMAT examination is conducted by NTA at the national level. It is held in the month of February of each year for admission into MBA programs. It is an online examination, conducted over three hours and the paper is of 400 marks.
- XAT: XAT examination is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur at the national level. It is held in the month of January of each year for admission into MBA programs. It is an online examination, conducted over two hours and the paper is of 100 marks.
- MAT: MAT examination is conducted by AIMA at the national level. It is held in the month of March of each year for admission into MBA programs. It is an online examination, conducted over two hour and 30 minutes and the paper is of 200 marks.
The dates of examination for the above-mentioned examinations are given in the table below.
|Examination||Conducting Body||Date of exam||Mode of exam|
|XAT||XLRI Jamshedpur||To Be Announced||Online|
MBA Executive Retail Management Entrance Examinations: Preparation Tips
To assist students prepare better and effectively for the entrance tests, the following pointers can be referred to.
- Set up a schedule for studying. Remember every topic for each subject and stick to the plan. This will guarantee the whole syllabus is covered in at least once. Assign time every day to studies.
- Clear up the basics. The basics will form the base for the more advanced chapters later on. A solid understanding of the basics will be valuable.
- Practice,practice,practice.Competitive entrance tests are about practice. Take mocks and attempt whatever number as test papers as could be allowed.
- Allocate time independently for the more difficult subjects. If necessary, approach an educator or a guide to help go over the topics once more.
MBA Executive Retail Management: Tips to get Top Colleges
To make sure about admission into a highest level MBA Executive Retail Management, various components become possibly the most important factor. A portion of the following tips will be useful in such a manner.
- Know about the types of questions and the difficulty level of the questions asked in various entrance tests. A few papers are similarly simpler to attempt than the others. This will help in better preparation.
- Since questions are asked from the syllabus covered at the time of schooling, going over the material and notes would be adequate. Revision of all basic concepts should be finished.
- A few papers have an English section and an Aptitude section. Preparation for these sections can be done by rehearsing past year papers.
- Know about all dates and cutoff times. Examination application dates, test dates and so on are changed and publicized in every single significant newspaper. It is essential to monitor any such news.
- Take a look at the daily news and issues of the world consistently. Staying up with the latest with the news will help in preparation of the test and counseling round yet in addition go about as a break from studying.
Checkout: Jobs after MBA Courses
MBA Executive Retail Management: What is it about
Information and details about the MBA Executive Retail Management program are as follows.
- MBA Executive Retail Management involves everything related to acquiring products from the manufacturer to making it reach to the customers.
- This course is best suited for working professionals who want to pursue a MBA degree along with their daily jobs.
- It covers from services to marketing and accounting to business analysis. The sector stores a huge potential and promises enough opportunities.
- MBA Executive Retail Management provides an insight into fundamentals and practices concerned with functional areas of management.
- This course aims to equip the students with similar managerial skills and the general management perspective, giving students an understanding into essentials and practices worried about useful regions of the management.
- The average fee for MBA Executive Retail Management is around INR 80,000 to INR 2,00,000 depending upon various colleges and universities.
MBA Executive Retail Management Course Highlights
Highlights for MBA Executive Retail Management program are provided in the table given below:
|Course Level||Post graduate|
|Full-Form||Master of Business Administration Executive Retail Management|
|Eligibility||Passed bachelor degree from any Recognized University|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based|
|Course Fee||INR 50,000 - 6 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 3 LPA - 7 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Amazon,Croma,FutureGroup,ITC Hotels,Philips India,Raymonds,Reliance Jio,Taj Group of Hotels, NTPC,Blue Star|
|Job Positions||Administrative Officer,Retail Executive,Operations Manager, Sales Manager etc|
MBA Executive Retail Management: Course Advantages
- Reputed profession: MBA Executive Retail Management is a popular field where skilled graduates can secure a job position immediately. It is one of the freshest and most legitimate management divisions. Any students with the enthusiasm to dominate in the field will get success soon.
- High pay: Average packages for MBA graduates are on the higher side for both private and public organizations. The work of a management student involved marketing,financial planning,management,hr marketing etc.Given the scale of work, the salary is also on the higher side.
- Career opportunities: A retail manager can seek after an assorted exhibit of vocation openings. There is no restriction to instructive projects one can pick. From law, the executives to serious assessments to get utilized in Government associations, the sky's the cutoff.
- On completion of this program,students will be able to get awesome salary packages ranging between INR 3 LPA and INR 6 LPA , depending on students expertise in the field.
- The executive retail management graduates have high demand in different mounting areas like restaurants, logistics, banks, warehouses, book shops, cafes, shopping malls, multiplexes, airlines, insurance and advertising agencies.
MBA Executive Retail Management: Course Comparison
Below given is the course comparison between MBA Executive Retail Management and Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management on the basis of admission criteria, fees and average package salary.
|Parameters||MBA Executive Retail Management||Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management|
|Duration||2 years||2 years|
|Focus Area||This course deals with the aspects related with retail management and with the latest concepts and practices regarding functional areas of management.||This course deals with the basics of retailing, consumer behavior, sale, and marketing management, supply chain network and electronic retailing. It focuses on retail management and marketing.|
|Admission Criteria||State or national level entrance examination.||State or national level entrance examination.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed bachelor degree from any Recognized University||Completed bachelor degree or Diploma|
|Average Course Fees||INR 50,000 - 6 Lakhs||INR 50,000 - 3 Lakhs|
|Job Options||Administrative Officer, Retail Executive, Operations Manager, Sales Manager etc||Sales executive -Retail, Sales manager, Department Manager, Retail/Industry coordinator etc|
|Average Placement Package||INR 3 LPA - 7 LPA||INR 2 LPA - 4 LPA|
MBA Executive Retail Management: Top Colleges
The table below shows the best MBA Executive Retail Management colleges other than IIMs and universities that offer the course in a full-time mode.
|College Name||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Package|
|Amity Business School Noida||INR 588,000||INR 6 LPA|
|Indian Business School of Advanced Management Studies, Hyderabad||INR 47,000||INR 15 LPA|
|Joseph School of Business Studies, Allahabad||INR 2 Lakhs||INR 3 LPA|
|Excel Institute of Management and Technology ,Namakkal||INR 1.5 - 2 Lakhs||N/A|
|International Institute for Learning in Management, New Delhi||INR 1 - 3 Lakhs||INR 4 LPA|
|IILM Business School, Gurgaon||INR 4 Lakhs||INR 4 LPA|
MBA Executive Retail Management: College Comparison
Given below depicts the comparison made among the two top Master of Business Administration MBA Executive Retail Management colleges in India.
|Parameter||Amity Business School||IIM Calcutta|
|Objective||Amity Business School is one of the top business schools in India. It has relationship different colleges across the world||Indian Institute of Management Calcutta is one most prestigious college in India which offers MBA courses.|
|Location||Noida Uttar Pradesh||Kolkata|
|NIRF Ranking 2020||49||26|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 27 Lakhs||INR 6 Lakhs|
|Average Annual Placement Package||INR 15 - 17 LPA||INR 6 LPA|
|Top Companies Visited||Amazon, Flipkart, Udaan, Paytm,Avendus, Gaza Capital, Saif Partners etc||Amazon, Think & Learn, Zycus, ITS, Aditya Birla, etc|
MBA Executive Retail Management: Syllabus
The subjects taught for the Master of Business Administration MBA Executive Retail Management program are almost similar in most of the engineering colleges. The syllabus for the entire Master of Business Administration MBA Executive Retail Management course is as follows.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Corporate strategic planning||Retail models|
|Environmental analysis and internal analysis||Theories of retail development|
|Strategy formulation||Customer relationship management|
|Tools of strategy planning and evaluation||Services management|
|Strategy implementation and control||Marketing channels|
|Marketing and strategic management||Brand management.|
|Operations and finance in retailing||Legal and compliances for a retail store, mall management|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Advertising communications and promotions||International marketing|
|Promotion impact||International retailing,|
|Tactical analysis||Competition in foreign markets|
|Sales promotion technique||Retail structure|
|Retailer promotion||Market research|
|Legal issue and best practices||Direct marketing, digital marketing|
|-||Network marketing, marketing strategies|
MBA Executive Retail Management: Recommended Books
Given below are some of the MBA Executive Retail Management subject books that can help students to have a broader and better understanding of the course:
|Name of the book||Author|
|Lean Retailing||Ade Asefeso|
|Retail Management||Barry Bernman|
|Retail Management: An Effective Management Strategy for Retail Store Managers||Chetan Bajaj|
|Retail Beyond Detail: The Great Indian Retailing Business||Gibson Vedamani|
|The New Rules of Retail||Micheal Dart|
MBA Executive Retail Management: Job Profiles with Average Salary
- After graduating from MBA in Executive Retail Management there are different employment areas. They usually get employment in areas like restaurants, logistics, banks, warehouses, cafes, shopping mills, airlines, insurance agencies etc.
- The careers options after MBA Executive Retail Management are simply going to soar because of the "Start-up India" crusade by Indian PM Modi. The various regions where retail the board graduates are looked for are shopping centers, cinemas, eateries, markets, hypermarkets, retail locations and so on.
Some of the job options that a MBA Executive Retail Management student can opt for along with average salary package are mentioned in the table below:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Retail Store Manager||INR 6 LPA|
|Retail Sales Manager||INR 4- 6 LPA|
|Regional Manager||INR 5 LPA|
|Branch Manager||INR 4 - 6 LPA|
|Institutional Sales Manager||INR 4- 6 LPA|
|Service Manager||INR 6 LPA|
MBA Executive Retail Management FAQs
Some of the most frequently asked questions pertaining to the Master of Business Administration MBA Executive Retail Management program are as follows:
Ques. Is an MBA in retail management good?
Ques. Is Executive MBA worth it in India?
Ques. Is Executive MBA post graduation?
Ques. Is Executive MBA worth doing?
Ques. What is the difference between an MBA and an Executive MBA?
Ques. Is Cat easier than GMAT?