BITSAT Counselling: the counselling and seat allotment process will tentatively begin in 3rd week of May 2019. Apart from applying and appearing in BITSAT 2019, candidates have to register for counselling and seat allotment process. The application forms for admission in BITS is available at bitsadmission.com from May to June 2019. BITSAT seat allotment process is also termed as Iteration. The result for 1st Iteration will be out on June 2019.
Seats will be allotted to eligible candidates only on the basis of merit and prefereces selected whilst applying for BITSAT admissions. However, BITS offer direct admission to the state and board toppers. Read on to know more information on BITSAT Counselling, Seat Allotment and Merit List.
BITSAT 2019 Counselling Schedule
|Filling of Application Form for BITSAT Counselling||Third week of May to Last week of June 2019|
|Result of Iteration Round 1||First week of July 2019|
|Final Date for Payment of Fees||Second week of July 2019|
|Announcement of Iteration Round 2||Second week of July 2019|
|Closing date for payment of balance fee from the waiting list in iteration 2||Fourth week of July 2019|
BITSAT Application Form for Counselling
Candidates qualifying BITSAT 2019 can avail admission by filling the admission form for online counselling. BITSAT admission form has to be submitted along with class 12 marks. Along with it, they also have to enter the preferences of colleges and courses they are desirous to get admission in.
Steps for Filling BITSAT 2019 Counselling Application Form
Candidates who have passed class 12 in the year 2017 or 2019 and have qualified in the entrance examination, are eligible to be in BITSAT 2019 Admit List.
Step 1: Personal Details
- Visit the official website of BITSAT i.e. bitsadmission.com
- Click the link to apply for “admission to Integrated First Degree Programmes”.
- Complete the BITSAT Counselling Application form by providing BITSAT application form no. along with their personal details such as name, mobile number, email ID, category etc.
Step 2: Educational Details
- Candidates will have to fill educational details of class 12 in the BITSAT admission form.
- In case, candidates do not have the results, they can still submit the details by logging in.
Step 3: Preferences
- After that, candidates will have to select the order of preferences available in BITS.
- They are also advised to check the details while submitting, as the BITSAT admission form once submitted cannot be edited.
- Therefore, they must be careful about the information filled by them.
Candidates do not have Class 12th marks
- Must take a print out of the fresh BITSAT admission form with the words written on the top – “Original Form submitted. Class XII marks being submitted now.”
- The fresh application form will be sent to the institute by such candidates.
- No additional charges will be charged for the fresh application form.
BITSAT 2019 Counselling Stages
BITSAT counselling process will begin in the first week of July 2019. It is conducted in a variety of iterations in which admission and the waiting list of the applicants will published.
- After the announcement of BITSAT 2019 Result, the counselling process will begin that may continue for a week. It is carried out in two steps:
- Document verification
- Seat allotment in various BITS campuses and courses.
- It is expected that 4 iterations of BITSAT counselling process will take place and the process will continue till August, 2019.
- As per BITSAT 2019 Merit List, a seat will be assigned to the applicants.
- The waiting list of candidates will be taken into account for the next round of seat distribution.
- Candidates with lower ranks are called for 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds of counselling in the decreasing order of their ranks until all the seats are filled.
BITSAT Seat Allotment
After applying for admission through BITSAT, candidates have to confirm the admission by paying a certain amount of fee. There are several steps that are involved in BITSAT Seat Allotment:
- Number of available seats in campuses
- Number of available seats in respective courses
- Withdrawals and non-reporting
- Marks scored in 10+2 examination
- Board Topper Status
- BITSAT 2019 Rank of candidate
- Number of seats remaining after completion of each round of Counselling
Available Seats in all Campuses
In the following table, seat matrix of BITS campuses along with the courses offered is mentioned:
|Campus||Number of Seats||Courses|
B.E. (Honors): B. Pharm. (Honors); M.Sc. (Honors): Chemistry, Economics, Biological Sciences, Physics, Mathematics;
M.Sc. (Tech.): Finance, Information Systems and General Studies.
B.E. (Honors): Computer Science, Chemical, Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical and Electronics & Instrumentation;
M.Sc. (Honors): Economics, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Math and Physics;
M.Sc. (Tech.): Information Systems.
B.E. (Honors): Civil, Chemical, Electronics & Communication, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics and Mechanical;
B. Pharm. (Honors);
M.Sc. (Honors): Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Math, Economics and Physics;
M.Sc. (Tech.): Information Systems.
Documents Required for BITSAT Admission
All the successful applicants are required to carry the following document at the time of BITSAT 2019 admission process. Candidates have to bring all the original documents along with the attested photocopy of the required document for the purpose of verification only.
- Class 10 Mark Sheet
- Class 12 Mark Sheet
- BITSAT Score Card
- BITSAT 2019 Counselling Letter
- Passport Size Colored Photograph
- Residence Proof
- Photo ID Proof
BITSAT 2019 Selection Criteria
- Qualification Eligibility for courses except B.Pharma: Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects.
- Qualification Eligibility for B.Pharma: Students must have cleared the 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology subjects.
- Appearing Candidates: Students who have passed 12th exams in 2017 or appearing in 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Percentage Criteria: In the 12th exam, candidates must have obtained 75% marks in PCB/PCM group.
- Admissions will be made absolutely on merit basis.
- Merit position of the applicant for admission will be based on the score got by candidate in the selection test.
- Students, who are studying in BITS at any of its campuses, are not qualified to show up.
BITSAT 2019 Direct Admission
- In BITS Pilani, the admission process of the institute always ensured admission to all first rank holders in their respective board examinations.
- The only condition here is candidate should have scored the minimum of 75% aggregate marks in PCM/PCB subjects in class 12th.
- With at least 60% in each of the PCM/PCB subjects in their Class 12th examination.
- A candidate should be a State or Central Board topper fromscience stream.
BITSAT 2019 Admission of International Students
- Applications are also welcomed from International students, who have taken SAT.
- SAT Subject Tests led by College Board (USA) for admission to various first degree programs at BITS Pilani-Hyderabad Campus for Academic Year 2019.
- However, applicants holding travel permit issued by nation other than India, are qualified under 'International Students Scheme'.
- Admissions will be made on merit basis determined by score got by applicant in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Level 2.
Offer letters will be sent to students in the 2nd week of June 2019 with details of the reporting date, campus name (Pilani, Goa or Hyderabad), scholarship and other requirements. Students will be given ten days to accept the offer and pay the first semester fees. Once the fee payment is done, BITS will send admission letters and the student should then apply for VISA using the admission letter from BITS.
BITSAT Tie-Break Resolution
- At the point when the score of two applicants are the same, first their scores acquired in Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm) in BITSAT will be considered for separating them.
- If the tie still exists, then their scores in Physics in BITSAT will be considered for separating them.
- Further tie is wiped out utilizing their scores in Chemistry.
- At last, their PCM/PCB (For B.Pharm) total marks in 12th examination will be considered for breaking the tie.
Reporting to the Institute
- Post-allocation of seats, a candidate has to report for the admissions to the campus.
- However, if that allotted seat is not candidate’s first preference, then they will remain on the waiting list for the programs of their higher preference at the other campuses too, till all admissions are finalized.
- To minimize inconvenience, there is a provision to opt out of the race for programs offered at other campuses.
- This can be done even after candidate reports for admission at any one of the campuses.
- In this case, you will be considered only for programs of your higher preference offered at the campus you have joined.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College