WBJEE Answer Key is published online only at wbjeeb.in OR wbjeeb.nic.in. Candidates are required to enter their application number, password and security pin to download the answer keys. The Board releases the keys two times viz.
- Model Answer Keys: these are released shortly after the examination concludes.
- Final & Frozen Answer Keys: these will be available after the Board reviews all the challenges received by the candidate.
Read about WBJEE 2019 Result
- The registration window is open, eligible candidates can apply online before January 22.
- WBJEE Board has scheduled the state level exam for May 26 in offline mode.
- The exam will be conducted on a single day in two sessions. Check WBJEE Exam Pattern
WBJEE 2019 Answer Key Dates
|WBJEE Paper I (Mathematics)||May 26, 2019|
|WBJEE Paper II (Physics & Chemistry)||May 26, 2019|
|Release of WBJEE preliminary/ model answer key||June 2019|
|Release of WBJEE final answer key 2019||June 2019|
|Announcement of WBJEE 2019 result||July 2, 2019|
WBJEE Answer Keys #FACTS
- The board will release the answers marked by candidates in the form of OMR images and machine read responses.
- Candidates must verify the answers visible in OMR images and machine read responses with the ones given in the preliminary answer key.
- If not satisfied, candidates can raise their objections with valid proof and prescribed amount till May 2019 (11.59 pm). Know more
- After taking all the valid objections into consideration, the board published the final and frozen WBJEE 2019 answer keys.
Check WBJEE Cut Off
How to Download WBJEE 2019 Answer Key?
WBJEE 2019 Answer Key can be downloaded from the official site using the steps indicated below:
- Visit WBJEE official website, that is, wbjeeb.in.
- Find the link “WBJEE 2019 preliminary answer key” or “WBJEE 2019 main answer key”.
- Click on the required link.
- Answer key will be displayed on the screen in PDF Format.
- Download the answer key and verify the answers.
Note: WBJEE Board also provides the opportunity to challenge any response in official answer keys by paying a stipulated fee.
Steps to Download WBJEE 2019 OMR Images and Machine Read responses
By following the following steps, one can check the procedure to check WBJEE 2019 OMR Sheet Images and Machine read responses:
- Visit WBJEE 2019 official website.
- Locate the link for checking WBJEE 2019 OMR Sheet Images and Machine read responses on the website.
- Enter the issued registration number, password and security pin.
- All the recorded responses/ OMR sheets/ images will appear on the screen.
- Verify with the answers given in WBJEE answer key 2019.
- Click on the Submit button.
- A payment of INR 500 needs to be made by applicant in case a candidate decides to challenge against any response in the key.
Calculation of Score Using WBJEE Answer Key
Candidates can calculate their anticipated scores in the entrance once they have downloaded the Answer Key and their OMR Sheet Response Image. However, since the pattern and scoring system of WBJEE is not completely uniform, it is advisable to first familiarize with both of them.
Given below is the section-wise distribution of questions and the different categories in which they are divided.
|Category||No. of questions in Mathematics||No. of questions in Chemistry||No. of questions in Physics|
Check WBJEE Rank Predictor
The scoring also varies for each question according to the category of these questions.
|Category||Correct answer||Incorrect/multiple answers|
|Category III||+2||- 0 marks for a combination of both correct and incorrect responses|
- For a partial correct response, 2 x (no. of correct answer marked)/(total no. of correct answer)
Now, all that candidates need to do is to calculate their expected score by using this simple formula based on number of correct responses and incorrect responses from questions of different categories:Total Score = No. of Correct Responses – No. of Incorrect Responses
How to Challenge WBJEE Answer Key 2019?
- Any candidate can challenge any model answer key by logging in with his/ her password.
- Challenges of the model answer keys will be accepted online through a link that will be available shortly at www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Candidates will have to make payment of INR 500 per question plus the bank’s service charges.
- The payment can be made via netbanking/debit/ credit card.
- The fee once paid is non-refundable.
- Challenges will be reviewed by the Board and a final and frozen answer keys will be uploaded.
- The Board’s decision in this regard will be final and no further communication will be entertained.
- Challenges via letter/ fax/ telephone etc other than online mode will not be accepted.
- Candidates are required to fill in their application/registration number including password and security pin and submit their challenge.
- Authorities will consider and revert if the objection is accepted.
WBJEE 2019 Unofficial Answer Keys
Several institutes will publish their own keys for WBJEE Paper I and Paper II. However, these keys should be consulted with caution as not all the responses mentioned therein are not accurate. Moreover, these keys cannot be used for calculation of final score or challenging against the official answer key released by the WBJEE Board.
Nonetheless, these keys can be referred if candidates need a certain idea about their expected score and number of correct responses. Click on the links provided in the table below to download the key.
|Coaching Institute||Physics & Chemistry||Mathematics|
|Adamas||Releasing shortly||Releasing shortly|
|Pathfinder||Releasing shortly||Releasing shortly|
|MYWBUT||Releasing shortly||Releasing shortly|
|Resonance||Releasing shortly||Releasing shortly|
WBJEE Paper Analysis
The paper analysis for WBJEE 2019 will be releasing shortly. Stay Tuned!
WBJEE 2018 Paper Analysis
WBJEE 2018 was conducted in Pen and Paper based mode. Overall difficulty of paper was moderate to easy. The exam was overall easy but time-consuming as candidates had to solve 155 MCQs within the prescribed time limit of 4 hours. Mathematics was the toughest section as per the general opinion of most of the students.
- Phyiscs had 40 questions in total, divided among three sections – Section A (30x1=30), Section B (5x2=10), and Section C (5x2=10).
- Kinematics was both difficult section as claimed by some of the students.
- The first two section was not very difficult considering that only a couple of questions were conceptual in nature.
- The final section was relatively easiest.
- The questions were from the prescribed chapters only.
- Besides none of the questions in this section were really conceptual or application based to test the candidates.
- Keeping to its reputation, Chemistry was once again the bonus subject for students.
- The distribution of questions was similar to that of Physics paper.
- All the questions were from the stipulated syllabus, although a few questions from the inorganic chemistry were tricky.
- This time no numerical questions were asked in the paper and all the questions of moderate difficulty level.
- Mathematics was unanimously the most difficult section in the exam.
- More than the difficulty level, the students struggled with the length of paper.
- Mathematics had in total, 75 MCQs – Section A (50x1=50), Section B (15x2=30), and Section C (10x2=20).
- The first section was of moderate difficulty level with few questions being conceptual in nature.
- Section B was both difficult and lengthy for all the aspirants. H
- owever, the final section offered some respite as the questions were easy and most students cruised through this section.
WBJEE 2017 Answer Keys (Unofficial)
Check Detailed WBJEE Paper Analysis
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College