WBJEE Reservations: The reservations are provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/ PwD category students and those who fall under Defense quota. Also, each participating institute has its own reservation criteria. There are four categories of Institutions participating in the admission system via WBJEE viz.
- Category 1: State University/ University Depts.
- Category 2: Govt. Engg./ Technology/ Pharmacy Colleges
- Category 3: Pvt. & Self-Financing Engg./ Tech./ Pharmacy Colleges
- Category 4: Pvt. & Self- Financing Universities
- The registration window for the state level engineering exam is open until January 22. Apply Now!
- The Board has scheduled WBJEE 2019 for May 26 in offline mode.
- Candidates who have registered successfully will be issued their WBJEE Admit Cards from May 14.
WBJEE Reservation #Facts
- The Board does not verify the information provided at the time of registration and there is no provision for uploading such certificates while filling the form.
- To avail the use of reservation scheme offered by WBJEEB, candidates must mention their correct category during the registration.
- WBJEE 2019 Reservation can be claimed only by candidates who possess a domicile in the state of West Bengal.
- Certificates proofing the reservation will be required to present at the time of WBJEE Counselling.
WBJEE Reservation Criteria Highlights
Depending on the category of participating institutes, reservation of seats for such category of candidates shall be available following the guidelines tabulated below:
|Nature of Institutions||Applicability of Reservation Rules|
|State University/ University Depts.||Reservation rules of concerned University|
|Govt. Engg./ Tech./ Pharma. Colleges||Reservation rules of the State Govt.|
|Pvt./ Self-Financing Engg./ Tech./ Pharma. Colleges||As per the decision of concerned Institution|
|Pvt. & Self-Financing Universities||As per the decision of concerned Authority|
- The availability of such reserved category seats shall be restricted to students domiciled in West Bengal only.
- These candidates must submit a relevant certificate issued from either of the competent authorities.
- The certificates must be produced at the time of counselling.
- If certificates are found invalid, the candidate will lose admission or fail to claim admission under reserved category.
- The system will automatically transfer the candidate under general category and the facility will be available from 2nd round of counselling.
- The decision of the Counsellor will be considered final.
For SC/ST candidates, there are certain guidelines that they need to follow to claim the WBJEE Reservation. The aforementioned certificates, which are required to be submitted, should have been issued by any of the following authorities:
- The various officers/authorities of Kolkata that issue the certificate to prove the WBJEE 2019 Reservation of the candidate are mentioned below:
- Deputy Collector of Land Revenue, Kolkata
- Collector of Stamp Revenue, Kolkata
- Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata
- Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata
- Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata
- 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate
- Executive Magistrate
- Sub divisional Magistrate
- Sub-divisional Officer
- Deputy Collector
- Additional District Magistrate
- District Magistrate within their respective local jurisdictions – if candidates reside ordinarily within such jurisdictions.
- The various competent authorities in West Bengal that issue the reservation certificate for the SC/ST candidates are given below:
- Deputy Director, Backward Classes Welfare Directorate, W.B.
- Commissioner, Backward classes welfare W.B. – if candidates reside ordinarily in any part of West Bengal.
For claiming SC/ST reservation in WBJEE 2019, the required certificates, issued by aforementioned authorities, should be uploaded and issued on date prior to the actual online application submission. Such a certificate issued on a later date will not be accepted for admission during WBJEE 2019 Counselling.
OBC-A/ OBC-B Candidates
- The Sub Divisional Officer of a Sub-Division in a District is a certificate issuing authority for the OBS category candidates. In Kolkata, the certificate is issued by an officer authorized by modification by the State Government.
- District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, BCW act as the certificate issuing authority for Kolkata covering the Kolkata Municipal Corporation jurisdiction.
- For claiming OBC-A/ OBC-B quota, the required certificates, issued by aforementioned authorities, should be uploaded and issued on a date prior to the actual online application submission. Such a certificate issued on a later date will not be accepted for admission during WBJEE 2019 Counselling.
PwD (Persons with Disabilities)
Candidates with physical disabilities are permitted to give the WBJEE 2019. The candidates who are disabled physically can claim the reservation through PwD category. The considerations for claiming the WBJEE 2019 Reservation through PwD category for various categories are mentioned below:
- For admission to B.E/B. Tech/B. Arch/B. Pharm Courses
The reservation can be claimed by the candidates with at least 40% disability with respect to Loco-motor disorder, Visual impairment, Speech & Hearing Impairment with a the condition that they can ably carry out all practical and theory work without any special concession and exemption.
- For Admission to MBBS/BDS Courses
- WBJEE 2019 Reservation can be claimed by the candidates having at least 50-70% Loco-motor disability of lower limb only.
- In case of earmarked quota stays unfilled due to non-availability of candidates with loco-motor disability between 50% - 70%, such vacancy will be filled by candidates having loco-motor disability of lower limbs between 40% to less than 50%.
- The candidates with disabilities other than loco-motor disability are not eligible for claiming WBJEE 2019 Reservation.
- The PwD certificate should be issued by Officer-in-Charge or Medical Head of Primary Health Centers, Block Primary Health Centers, State General Hospitals, Rural Hospitals, Sub-Divisional Hospitals or the District Hospitals run by the State Government or any hospital run by a statutory body or authority.
- All certificates are verified by The Medical Board constituted at IPGMR / SSKM Hospital during WBJEE 2019 Counselling.
- For admission through WBJEE 2019, 50% of the approved seats are available for minority candidates in the higher Technical Education Institutes, which have been granted the Minority Status.
- Though, minority category candidates may seek admission in the government approved minority institutes against specified minority quota notified by the State Government of West Bengal.
Candidate needs to apply to Rajya Sainik Board through the concerned Zila Sainik Board of West Bengal (for ex-servicemen) and Units (for serving soldiers) in the prescribed form along with an attested copy of WBJEE 2019 Admit Card for claiming defence quota. This certificate should not be uploaded but produced for defence quota during offline counselling.
Check Step by Step WBJEE Counselling Procedure
The seat allotment under Defence Quota is not conducted through e-counselling.A separate merit list for the offline counselling and allotment of seats under the defence quota is published by the WBJEEB.
Under defence quota, a total of 9 seats are reserved out of which seven are reserved for different courses in Govt. Engineering & Technology Colleges and the remaining two are reserved in Jadavpur University. The university authority will decide the courses of such seats in Jadavpur University.
The number of seats per college for Defence quota is displayed below:
|Name of the Govt. Engg./ Technology College||Course Name||No. of Seats|
|Jalpaiguri Govt. Engineering College||Mechanical Engineering||1|
|Govt. College of Engg. & Textile Tech., Serampore||Information Technology||1|
|Govt. College of Engg. & Textile Tech., Berhampore||Computer Science & Engineering||1|
|Govt. College of Engg. & Ceramic Tech., Kolkata||Information Technology||1|
|Govt. College of Engg. & Leather Tech., Kolkata||Leather Technology||1|
|Kalyani Govt. Engineering College, Kalyani||Electrical Engineering||1|
Check WBJEE Engineering Cut Off
Engineering/Technology Students Merit listed in JEE Main 2019
- Up to 10% of the approved seats in all Self-Financed Engineering & Technology Colleges of West Bengal are made available for students merit listed in JEE Main 2019.
- The basis of allotment of seat adopted by the board during the e-counselling process should strictly be merit and preference of the institution mentioned by the candidates.
- For JEE Main 2019 merit listed candidates, the eligibility and other criteria as mentioned for various courses under WBJEE 2019 for various degree level courses shall be applicable.
- Though, the candidates are not required to be domiciled in West Bengal.
Management quota is applicable for Self Financing Colleges of the State offering B.E. /B.Tech. / B. Pharm / B. Arch. Courses as well as courses running on self- financing basis under the University Institute of Technology, Burdwan University. Though, university may decide to not take admission under this quota.
Under management quota, at most 10% of sanctioned seats may be admitted directly by the institution management. Academic qualification, citizenship, age restrictions etc. are stipulated as eligibility criteria under the Management Quota for admission to degree level Engineering/Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture courses. Though, there is no need for candidates to be domiciled West Bengal.
Read More WBJEE Eligibility
Documents Required during WBJEE Registration
During WBJEE 2019 Registrations, candidates are required to upload few documents after filling the details in the WBJEE 2019 Application Form. The table below displays a list of the documents that must be uploaded along with the file size they are required to be uploaded in:
|Document Name||File Size|
|Recent colored passport sized photograph||4 to 100 KB|
|Signature||1 to 30 KB|
|Left hand thumb impression||1 to 30 KB|
|WBJEE 2018 Admit card/ registration certificate/ mark sheet of 10th standard, where date of birth is mentioned or birth certificate||50 to 300 KB|
|Domicile certificate||50 to 300 KB|
|SC/ST/OBCA/OBCB certificate||50 to 300 KB|
|PwD certificate||50 to 300 KB|
|Income certificate||50 to 300 KB|
Uploading and Verification of Certificates to Prove Reservation Claim
- Candidates who are claiming reservation must upload the above-listed documents during WBJEE Registration.
- The required certificates should be issued by the competent authority within the prescribed time period. Any delay may amount to non-acceptance for admission.
- In case it is found that certificates are not in order, then the candidate will be ineligible for further admission process.
- During WBJEE 2019 Counselling, the authorities verify the certificates.
- Candidates are required to produce the same as uploading them during the registration is not enough on its own.
- A failure to produce the required certificates for verification in counseling process means that the candidate can’t claim reservation.
CheckWBJEE Cut off
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College