WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021 will be conducted in three rounds. The process will be based upon WBJEE 2021/ JEE Main 2021 score and merit. Willing candidates will have to register for counselling rounds by filling in their preferences of subjects and colleges.
- Seat matrix for WBJEE 2021 consists of seats reserved for JEE Main 2021 rank holders.
- The board will release the merit lists in the form of GMR and PMR. However, the participating institutes will also release their individual merit lists. Check WBJEE 2021 Cut Off
WBJEE Latest Updates:
- March 24 : Registration has been extented upto March 30, 2021.
- Feb 4 : WBJEE Exams will be conducted on July 11, 2021.
It is important for the candidates to know that if they fail to get a seat in the first round of WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021, they may be allotted seats in the second round. Also if candidates are not satisfied with the allotted seat in Round 1, they can choose for upgradation of seat in Round 2.
WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021- Important Dates
|1st Round of Seat Allotment Result||1st week of July, 2021|
|Seat acceptance (with freeze or upgradation) and payment of provisional admission fees by the candidate||1st week of July, 2021|
|In-cycle upgradation||1st week of July, 2021|
|Accept upgraded seats (with freeze or further upgradation) and payment of provisional admission fees, if any||1st week of July, 2021|
|2nd round of seat allotment result||3rd week of July, 2021|
|Seat acceptance (with freeze or upgradation) and payment of provisional admission fees by the candidate||3rd week of July, 2021|
|In-cycle upgradation||3rd week of July, 2021|
|Accept upgraded seats (with freeze or further upgradation) and payment of provisional admission fees, if any||3rd week of July, 2021|
|3rd round of seat allotment result||4th week of July, 2021|
|Seat acceptance (with freeze or upgradation) and payment of provisional admission fees by the candidate||4th week of July, 2021|
|In-cycle upgradation||4th week of July, 2021|
|Accept upgraded seats (with freeze or further upgradation) and payment of provisional admission fees, if any||4th week of July, 2021|
WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021 - No. of Seats Available in Top Colleges
WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021- Eligibility
Only the candidates who will meet WBJEE Seat Allotment Eligibility Criteria can participate in this process. WBJEE has specified certain requirements which a candidate needs to possess in order to be eligible for counselling and seat allotment rounds.
- Candidates qualifying WBJEE with GMR are eligible to participate in the seat allotment round.
- Those with AIR are entitled to participate in the seat allotment round against 10% sanctioned seats.
WBJEE 2021 Counselling 2nd Round- Eligibility Conditions
Following are the candidates whose candidature will be considered for WBJEE Counselling Second Round:
|S.No||Eligibility Details||Rules for Seat Allotment|
|1.||Registered candidates who did not get any allotment in the first round or whose seat will be cancelled due to non-fulfilment of eligibility criteria in the first round||All selected choices will be processed|
|2.||Up-gradation of seats confirmed in Round 1||Only higher choice preference will be processed|
|3.||Candidates who do not wish for seat upgradation and wish to retain their seats in subsequent counselling rounds||For category allocation, only previous allotted choices will be processed|
How To Check WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021?
Details in concern with the seat allotment process will be released by the board on its website. Events in relation to seat allotment can be checked through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the WBJEE Board- wbjeeb.nic.in
- Click on WBJEE Seat Allotment/ Counselling 2021
- Login in using your login credentials (Roll number, Password and security pin)
- It will automatically direct you to the WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021 page
- Download and keep the printout of the provisional allotment order for further admission purposes
WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021 Procedure
WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021- Round 1
Candidates who find a place in the first WBJEE 2021 Merit List will proceed to choice-filling. Then, WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021 will begin.
- Students securing a seat in the first round must report to one of the WBJEE Reporting Centres to complete the admission formalities.
- Failing to report to the venue will lead to cancellation of provisional seat allotment and will not be considered for subsequent rounds.
- It is mandatory to carry the relevant documents and allotment letter at the reporting centre for verification.
- After the successful seat allotment, one can opt for the upgradation or no upgradation of seats.
Selecting upgradation means the seat allotted in the first round will be preserved. However, the candidates will be eligible for the seat allotment procedure in the subsequent round of WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021.
Candidates selecting no upgradation option must report to the allotted institutes. The institutes will accept only those candidates who will report to the reporting centre and will opt for no up-gradation.
WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021- Round 2
No fresh registrations will be done for the second round of seat allotment. The choices filled by candidates in the first round will be considered for this round.
- The registered candidates who will not get seats in the 1st round will be eligible for the second round.
- The Board also offers admissions to JEE Main candidates on the basis of marks scored by them in the exam.
- However, such candidates are required to attend the counselling procedure and participate in the online seat allotment process.
- They will also be required to produce their JEE Main Score Card at Reporting Centres.
WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021- Round 3
On the basis of Round 2, candidates will be allotted seats in Round 3. Candidates who will be allotted seats for the first time will be required to report at any reporting centre for the provisional seat allotment.
- Seats are offered to the candidates on the basis of availability and the preferences opted for from the available combinations.
- The candidates who will be granted admission must report to the allotted institute to complete the admission formalities.
- If there are seats vacant under SCPH, STPH, BCAPH and BCBPH category, after the 2nd round of seat allotment, then they will be directly converted into OPPH category.
- However, even after that, if seats are left vacant, then the categories will be converted as follows:
|OPPH||OP and re-allotment|
|ST||SC and re-allotment|
|SC||OP and re-allotment|
|BCA||OP and re-allotment|
|BCB||OP and re-allotment|
WBJEE 2021 Reporting Centres
Candidates who get a seat through the allotment process must report to any one of the below-reporting centres.
|WBJEE 2021 Reporting Centres|
|Asansol Govt. Polytechnic, P.O. South Dhadka, P.S. Asansol North Police Station, Burdwan 713302||Vidyasagar University, Midnapore, Dist. Paschim Midnapore - 721102|
|Central Calcutta Govt. Polytechnic, 21,Convent Rd, Philips,Sealdah, Raja Bazar, Kolkata - 700014||University of North Bengal, Raja Rammohanpur, P.O. North Bengal University, Dist. Darjeeling – 734013|
|Coochbehar Govt. Engineering College, Harinchawra, P.O. Ghughumari, Coochbehar - 736170||University Instt . of Technology, Golapbag, Bardhaman - 713104|
|Darjeeling Govt. Polytechnic, M V Road, Kurseong, Darjeeling, West Bengal, Pin - 734203||Tripura Govt. Womens' Polytechnic, Hapania, P.O. Amtali via Shekerkote , Agartala, Tripura - 799130|
|Dr. Meghnad Saha Instt. of Tech., Haldia, Kshudiram Nagar, Haldia, West Bengal Pin - 721631||Sree Ramkrishna Silpa Vidyapith (Govt Polytechnic), Suri, Birbhum - 731101|
|Govt. College of Engg. & Ceramic Tech., 73, A.C. Banerjee Lane, Kolkata - 700 010||Raiganj Govt. Polytechnic, P.O. Raiganj, Dist. Uttar Dinajpur, Pin - 733134|
|Govt. College of Engg. & Tex. Tech., Berhampore, 4,Cantonment Road, P.O. & P.S. Berhampore,Murshidabad||Purulia Govt. Engineering College, P.O. Chas Road, Purulia - 723103|
|Govt.College of Engg & Tex Tech., Serampore, 12, William Carey Road, Serampore, Hooghly - 712 201||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Univ. of Technology, BF-142, Salt Lake, Sector-I, Kolkata - 700064|
|Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology, Shibpur, P.O. Botanic Garden, Howrah - 711103||Malda Govt. Polytechnic, P.O. Maliha, Dist. Malda - 732102|
|Jadavpur University, 188, Raja S. C. Mallik Road, Kolkata - 700 032||Kalyani Govt. Engg. College, P.O. & P.S. Kalyani, Nadia 741235|
|Jadavpur University, Salt Lake Campus, Plot 8, Sector III, Salt Lake, Kolkata - 700 098||K.G. Engg. Institute, Bishnupur, Bishnupur College Rd, Bishnupur, West Bengal 722122|
|Jalpaiguri Govt. Engg. College, P.O. Jalpaiguri Govt. Engg. College, P.S. Kotwali, Jalpaiguri - 735102||-|
Documents required At Reporting Centre
Candidates who get a seat should report to an Admission Reporting Centre (ARC) with all the necessary documents. The reporting fee is:
- INR 5000 for seats allotted in State-aided University/University Departments/Govt. Engineering & Technology Colleges
- INR 20,000 for students allotted in Self-financing Engineering & Technology /Pharmacy/Architecture institutes.
The Mandatory documents to be carried along at the Reporting centre are mentioned below.
- Multiple passport size photographs
- Seat Allotment proof
- WBJEE Admit Card
- JEE Main 2021 Scorecard, if applicable
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Category Certificate, if applicable
- Medical Certificate, if applicable
- Receipt of Seat Acceptance Fee
What After WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021?
- After successful completion of seat allotment process, candidates can download a provisional seat allotment letter. The letter consists of details including seat allotted to the candidate, paid fee, and details of upgradation after the conclusion of the document verification process.
- Provisional seat allotment letters should be downloaded and kept, and the candidate needs to report to the reporting centre as per the scheduled date and time.
- Necessary seat acceptance fee will have to be paid by the candidate to download WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021 order. The fee can be paid via online mode or offline mode (e-challan).
- Once document verification is over, only then can candidates express their wish for appearing in the further rounds of counselling and seat allotment process. For this, they will be asked to sign a declaration stating that their earlier allotted seat shall be cancelled.
- “Freeze” option should be used by the candidates in order to lock their seats and retain them for further counselling rounds.
- Post completion of the entire process, candidates will have to report at the allotted institute and pay the requisite tuition fees to confirm their admission.
WBJEE 2021- Participating Colleges
Government Engineering and Technology Colleges
|S. No.||Name of the Institute|
|1||Cooch Behar Government Engineering College|
|2||Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology|
|3||Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology|
|4||Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Berhampore|
|5||Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Serampore|
|6||Govt. College of Engineering and Ceramic Technology|
|7||Institute of Pharmacy, Jalpaiguri|
|8||Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College|
|9||Kalyani Government Engineering College,|
|10||Ramkrishna Mahato Government Engineering College, Purulia|
Private Self-Financing Engineering & Technology /Pharmacy / Architecture Colleges
|S. No.||Name of the Institute||S. No.||Name of the Institute|
|1||Abacus Institute of Engineering & Management, Mogra, Hooghly||42||Guru Nanak Institute of Technology, Panihati, Sodepur|
|2||Academy of Technology, Adisaptagram, Hooghly||43||Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia, Purba Medinipur|
|3||Aryabhatta Institute of Engineering & Management, Panagar, Burdwan||44||Hemnalini Memorial College of Engineering, Haringhata|
|4||Asansol Engineering College, Asansol, Burdwan||45||Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata|
|5||B.P. Poddar Institute of Management & Technology, Kolkata||46||Hooghly Engineering & Technology College, Hooghly|
|6||Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering, Bankura||47||Ideal Institute of Engineering, Kalyani|
|7||BCDA College of Pharmacy & Technology, Hridaypur||48||IMPS College of Engineering & Technology, Malda|
|8||Bengal College of Engineering & Technology, Durgapur||49||Institute of Engineering & Management, Salt Lake|
|9||Bengal College of Engineering, Durgapur||50||Institute of Science and Technology, Paschim Medinipur|
|10||Bengal College of Pharmaceutical Science & Research, Durgapur||51||JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani, Nadia|
|11||Bengal Institute of Technology & Management, Santiniketan||52||JLD Engineering and Management College, Baruipur|
|12||Bengal Institute of Technology, Dhapa, Kolkata||53||Kanad Institute of Engineering & Management, Mankar, Burdwan|
|13||Bengal School of Technology, Sugandha, Hooghly||54||Mallabhum Institute of Technology, Bishnupur, Bankura|
|14||Bharat Technology, Uluberia, Howrah||55||MCKV Institute of Engineering, Liluah, Howrah|
|15||Birbhum Institute of Engineering & Technology, Suri, Birbhum||56||Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, Kolkata|
|16||Birbhum Pharmacy School||57||Modern Institute of Engineering & Technology, Bandel, Hooghly|
|17||Brainware Group of Institutions-Sabita Devi Education Trust, Barasat||58||Murshidabad College of Engineering & Technology, Murshidabad|
|18||Budge Budge Institute of Technology, Budge-Budge||59||Narula Institute of Technology, Agarpara, Kolkata|
|19||Calcutta Institute of Engineering & Management, Tollygunge, Kolkata||60||Neotia Institute of Technology Management and Science|
|20||Calcutta Institute of Pharmaceutical Tech. & Allied Health Sciences, Uluberia||61||Netaji Subhash Engineering College, Garia, Kolkata|
|21||Calcutta Institute of Technology, Uluberia, Howrah||62||Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Institute of Pharmacy, Chakdah. Nadia|
|22||Camellia Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bud Bud, Burdwan||63||NSHM Knowledge Campus, Durgapur Group of Institutions|
|23||Camellia Institute of Technology & Management, Bainchi, Hooghly||64||Nshm Knowledge Campus, Kolkata Group of Institutions|
|24||Camellia Institute of Technology, Badu Road, Madhyamgram||65||Om Dayal Group of Institutions, Uluberia, Howrah|
|25||Camellia School of Engineering & Technology, Barasat||66||P. G. Institute of Medical Sciences|
|26||College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat||67||Pailan College of Management & Technology, Pailan Park|
|27||Dr. B. C. Roy College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences||68||RCC Institute of Information Technology, Kolkata|
|28||Dr. B. C. Roy Engineering College, Durgapur||69||Regent Education and Research Foundation, Barasat, Kolkata|
|29||Dr. Sudhir Chandra Sur Degree Engineering College, Dum-Dum||70||Sanaka Education Trusts Group of Institutions, Durgapur, Burdwan|
|30||Dream Institute of Technology, Bishnupur, 24-Parganas-South||71||Saroj Mohan Institute of Technology, Guptipara, Hooghly|
|31||Dumkal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Dumkal, Murshidabad||72||Seacom Engineering College, Sankrail, Howrah|
|32||Durgapur Institute of Advanced Technology & Management, Durgapur||73||Siliguri Institute of Technology, Siliguri|
|33||Elitte College of Engineering, Mahispota, Sodepur||74||St. Mary''S Technical Campus, Kolkata|
|34||Eminent College of Pharmaceutical Technology||75||St. Thomas College of Engineering & Technology, Khidirpur, Kolkata|
|35||Future Institute of Engineering & Management, Sonarpur||76||Supreme Knowledge Foundation Group of Institutions, Mankundu, Hooghly|
|36||Future Institute of Technology, Boral, Garia||77||Surendra Institute of Engineering & Management, Siliguri|
|37||Gargi Memorial Institute of Technology, Baruipur, Kolkata||78||Swami Vivekananda Institute of Science & Technology, Sonarpur|
|38||Global College of Pharmaceutical Technology||79||Techno Engineering College - Banipur|
|39||Global Institute of Management and Technology, Krishnanagar, Nadia||80||Techno International - Batanagar|
|40||Greater Kolkata College of Engineering & Management, Baruipur||81||Techno International - New Town|
|41||Gupta College of Technological Sciences, Asansol, Burdwan||82||Techno Main-Salt Lake|
|S. No.||Name of the Institute|
|4||School of Pharmacy, Techno India University|
|5||Seacom Skills University School of Engineering|
|6||Sister Nivedita University|
|7||Techno India University|
|8||The Neotia University|
State Aided Universities / University Departments
|S. No.||Name of the Institute|
|2||Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswa Vidyalaya|
|3||Department of Jute and Fibre Technology, Calcutta University|
|5||Kaji Nazrul University, Asansol|
|6||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology|
|7||University Institute of Technology, The University of Burdwan|
|8||University of Calcutta|
|9||University of Kalyani, Science Instrumentation Centre|
|10||Uttar Banga Krishi Viswa Vidyalaya|
|11||West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences|
WBJEE Seat Allotment 2021 FAQs
Ques. What if two or more candidates secure the same rank in the WBJEE Merit list, how will their rank be determined?
Ans. In the case, if two or more candidates secure the same rank in the merit list then the tie-breaking method will be implemented to determine their WBJEE rank in the merit list.
Ques. Are candidates eligible to participate in the counselling process if their WBJEE ranks are not present in the merit list?
Ans. No, only candidates having a rank in the WBJEE merit list will be eligible to take part in WBJEE 2021 counselling process.
Ques. On what basis is the merit list prepared for WBJEE 2021?
Ans. WBJEE 2021 merit list will be prepared according to the overall performance of the candidate in all subjects. The board will issue the merit list based on the marks secured by the candidate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Ques. How many seats will be offered to the candidates having their names in the JEE Merit list?
Ans. Candidates having a rank in JEE merit list will have 10% approved seats in all Self-Financed Engineering & Technology Colleges of West Bengal.
Ques: What are the tie-breaking rules for GMR in WBJEE?
Ans: The tie-breaking rules for GMR in WBJEE 2021 are as follows in order of application:
- Less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry taken together
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry took together
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- More positive marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions.
Ques: What are the tie-breaking rules for PMR in WBJEE?
Ans: The tie-breaking rules for PMR in WBJEE 2021 are as follows in order of application:
- Less negative marks in Physics & Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry
- Less negative marks in Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
Ques: I have secured a WBJEE 2021 rank. Am I eligible for e-counselling?
Ans: Everyone who secures a WBJEE 2021 rank may not be eligible for e-counselling. In order to qualify for e-counselling, candidates will have to score above the cut-off marks determined by the Board apart from securing a rank in WBJEE. The cut-off score will be announced at the time of WBJEE Result declaration.
Ques: I have appeared for my 12th Board exam this year. I have also applied for WBJEE. In case I clear WBJEE but do not pass my Board Exam, do I still qualify for counselling?
Ans: A candidate appearing in the Qualifying Examination in 2021 is eligible to appear for WBJEE 2021. However, the candidate will not be considered eligible for admission unless they meet the minimum eligibility criteria for admissions (i.e., successfully completing the Qualifying Examination) is fulfilled.
Ques: What is the WBJEE seat matrix?
Ans: Course-wise and institute-wise availability of seats as provided by the participating institutes is termed as WBJEE seat matrix and is published before e-counselling and seat allotment. Based on seat matrix, the final seat allotment is done through WBJEE e-counselling.
Ques: Will the Board inform us about the counselling session?
Ans: The Board will issue a separate notification with the details regarding e-counselling, seat allotment and subsequent admission on the official website soon after the publication of WBJEE Result. No individual emails will be forwarded to candidates.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.