Pharm D Application for MAHE Manipal Pharmaceutical Sciences is open now. Candidates can appear for MET, NIMSEE, and GPAT, to apply for the top Pharm D colleges in India.
Students who are willing to pursue Pharm D courses can appear for the various entrance exams that are accepted by the top colleges for admission. Some of the entrance exams that are conducted every year are NIMSEE, GPAT, BVCET, SRMJEE, MET, VELS, etc. Few institutes also conduct their entrance exam for the same.
A candidate needs to fill the application form for the entrance exam, pay the required registration fee, and submit the form. Before the exam, an admit card is released for the concerned entrance exam. The registered candidate must appear for the exam.
Based on the cutoff released, the students get shortlisted. Some institutes also conduct GD/PI round before the final admission. After this, shortlisted students are asked to submit the documents and secure their seats.
Check Out: Pharm D Cutoff Score
Top Pharm D Colleges: Application Deadline
|College||Admission Criteria||Application Deadline|
|JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysore||Entrance Based||March 23, 2021- June, 2021 (open)|
|Poona College of Pharmacy||Entrance Based||July 2021|
|SRIHER, Chennai||Entrance Based||August, 2021|
|ISF College of Pharmacy, Punjab||Merit/Entrance Based||April – June, 2021 (Open)|
|MET||April – May 15, 2021|
|JSS College of Pharmacy||Entrance Based||March 10,2021- June 26, 2021|
|SPPSPTM, Mumbai||NMIMS CET||February 16,2021 – June 17, 2021|
|BIT, Ranchi||Merit/ Entrance Based||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
|SRM College of Pharmacy||Entrance Based||April 2021- June 30, 2021|
|Annamalai University||Merit/ Entrance Based||June 2021 to August, 2021, (Tentative)|
Pharm D Admission 2021: Last date to Apply
Pharm D Admission 2021 is going on, the applications have been released. There is still some time for the last date of application submission. Here is the list of colleges where admissions are live.
|College Name||Application Dates|
|MAHE Manipal Pharmaceutical Sciences||Jun 9, 2021 - Jun 15, 2021 (Application Open)|
|JSS College of Pharmacy||Mar 10, 2021 - Jun 26, 2021 (Application Open)|
|Poona College of Pharmacy||Till June 14, 2021 (Application Open)|
|Sri Ramachandra University||Till June 23, 2021 (Application Open)|
|KLE’s University College of Pharmacy||May 5, 2021 - Jun 20, 2021 (Application Open)|
|L.M. College of Pharmacy (LMCP)||Oct 20, 2021 - Dec 25, 2021 (Application Open)|
Pharm D Admission 2021 Applications Closed
|College Name||Application Status|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar Deemed to be University||May 2021 (Application Closed)|
|Goa College of Pharmacy||Feb 2021 (Application Closed)|
|Chitkara College of Pharmacy||Application Closed|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education||March 2021 (Application Closed)|
Pharm D Entrance Exams
Pharm D has various entrance exams like BV CET 2021, MET 2021, GPAT 2021, and SRMJEE 2021
Here are the important dates for Pharm D entrance exams, which the students can follow for Pharm D Admission 2021. The registration dates and the deadlines for the registration has been mentioned in the table below.
Pharm D Entrance Exams Schedule
|Entrance Exam||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|BV CET 2021||May 2021 - June 13, 2021||June 23, 2021 - June 27, 2021|
|MET 2021||April 1, 2021 - May 25, 2021||9 June, 2021 - June 15, 2021|
|GPAT||January 2022||To be announced|
|SRM JEE||December 12, 2020||July 23, 2021 to July 24, 2021|
Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for all the Pharm D entrance exams are different, here we have mentioned the syllabus for all the Pharm D entrance exams.
GPAT Admissions 2021 Syllabus
|Pathophysiology||Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics||Pharmaceutics||Pharmacognosy|
|Organic Chemistry||Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Pharmacology||Pharmaceutical Analysis|
Check Out: GPAT Admissions 2021 Syllabus
BV CET Admissions 2021 Syllabus
Check Out: BV CET Admissions 2021 Syllabus
MET Admissions 2021 Syllabus
Check Out: MET Admissions 2021 Syllabus
SRMJEE Admissions 2021 Syllabus
Check Out: SRMJEE Admissions 2021 Syllabus
Pharm D Entrance Exam Prerequisites
When you decide that you will appear for the Pharm D entrance exam, then you will have to know the following prerequisites,
- Make a list of colleges who accept the entrance exams that you have appeared for
- Top Pharm D entrance exam are BV CET 2021, MET 2021, GPAT 2021, and SRMJEE 2021
- Check the eligibility criteria and syllabus for each of the entrance exams. Find out which college accepts which entrance exams score.
Pharm D Admission Process
The Pharm D admission process comprises the eligibility criteria and the application process. Students who wish to apply for Pharm D must know the following
Pharm D Eligibility
To apply for PharmD Course candidate but fit in the eligibility criteria:
- Candidates need to qualify 10+2 with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized board.
- Relaxation of up to 5% marks is considered for reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC.
- Science stream with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) or PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) as subjects are preferred.
Find Out : Top Pharm D Colleges in India
How to Apply?
Follow the steps given below to apply for Pharm D,
- Visit the website of the concerned institute/university/ entrance exam council.
- Fill the Application Form with the necessary details
- Attach the required documents and signature/photo/Id in the given format.
- Pay the required registration fee for the entrance exam.
- Submit the form carefully.
- Print the application form or save it for your further references.
- When available, download the admit card before the entrance exam.
Step by Step Guide to Admission
Here is the step by step guide for admissions to Pharm D courses in various colleges,
- For admission in Pharm.D program, the following things need to be considered:
- First, decide to ask yourself why you want to do Pharm.D?
- Prepare a detailed course outline for your doubts and a better understanding of the course.
- Check out the list of top pharmacy colleges offering Pharm.D in India.
- Read out the feedback, alumni status, history about the institution.
- Check out the fee structure of the institute for Pharm.D course.
- Download the syllabus of the concerned entrance exams which you are appearing for.
- Study the syllabus in detail and make your notes accordingly.
- Read and re-read your notes and study material from different sources.
- Obtain a good score in the entrance exam.
- Once you qualify for the exam, keep an eye on the updates about the counseling and other steps of admission.
- Submit all the required documents for the final admission to the concerned institute.
- Pay the required annual fee for the course.
Pharm D Admission Criteria 2021: Top Pharm D Colleges
|College Name||Entrance Exam Accepted||Final Selection Process|
|MAHE Manipal Pharmaceutical Sciences||MET||Entrance or Merit Based|
|JSS College of Pharmacy||Entrance Exam by JSS||Entrance exam based|
|Chandigarh University||CUCET||Entrance exam based|
|Annamalai University||Marks of Qualifying Exam||Merit Based|
|SRM College of Pharmacy||Marks of Post Graduation||Merit Based|
|Poona College of Pharmacy||BVPCET||Entrance Exam|
|ISF College of Pharmacy||Marks of Qualifying Exam||Merit Based|
|KLE’s University College of Pharmacy||KLE University Post Graduate All India Entrance Test||Entrance Exam and PI|
Pharm D Admission 2021 Tips
To crack the admission in Pharm.D course in India,
- The student must be passionate about the work in the pharmaceutical industry.
- The student must follow a time chart for the entrance exam preparation.
- The student should cover the entrance exam syllabus timely. It will help to revise the important points.
- Keep practicing in subjects like physics and chemistry are the essential work for preparation.
- The student must be aware of the updated deadlines for entrance exams and admission/
- Check out the previous year’s question papers of concerned entrance exams.
Pharm D Admission 2021 FAQs
Ques: What is the average fee of Pharm.D in India?
Ans: In India, the average fee for Pharm.D ranges between 2 lakhs to 10 lakhs per annum
Ques: What is the fee structure of SRM Institute of Science and Technology for Pharm.D?
Ans: Total fee of SRM Institute is around 25 lakhs for six years.
Ques: How the Pharm.D program is different from a B.Pharm degree?
Ans: B.Pharm is a four-year bachelor’s degree In pharmacy Whereas Pharm.D is a doctoral-level degree of six-year. A B.Pharm graduate can take admission in Pharm.D through the process of lateral entry. B.Pharm student is directly promoted to 4th year of Pharm.D with lateral entry admission.
Ques: What is the maximum limit of choosing test centers in the GPAT exam?
Ans. In the GPAT exam, the candidate can choose the four most preferred locations as exam centers
Ques: Is the Pharm.D degree equivalent to MBBS?
Ans: Pharm.D and MBBS are two different courses with a different range of subjects. Pharm.D deals with clinical research, drug studies whereas MBBS deals with the human body. Although Pharm.D degree holders are prefixed as DR. in countries like the US, the core working area is different from MBBS
Ques: Can a Pharm.D run a private clinic officially?
Ans: Pharma.D holder can work as associate doctors, clinical pharmacist. But they are not entitled to run a clinic as of now in India.
Ques: What was the cutoff of GPAT 2020?
Ans: General: 163, OBC: 131, SC: 103, ST: 76
Ques: name the campuses of Manipal University were Pharm.D course if available?
Ans: Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Science, Dr. Madhav Nagar, Manipal, Karnataka
Ques: What is the total fee for Manipal Institute for Pharm.D course?
Ans: The fees is 21 lakhs for 6 years. For Lateral entry, the total fee is 8.7lakhs for 3 years
Ques: What is the exam pattern of GPAT?
Ans: GPAT is a 3-hour multiple-choice question paper. 4 marks are given for a right Ans and one mark is deducted for the wrong answer. A total of 125 questions is asked. A wide range of topics is covered from chemistry to biology.