What is MBA Executive Information Technology?
Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Executive) [Information Technology] is a 2-year postgraduate Corporate Management course spread over four semesters. The course is meant for working professionals who wish to upgrade their skills.
It’s a research program that includes management education following Information Technology organizations. The completion of this course will help students to make a career in project Manager, Business Analyst, Business Development Executive.
To apply to this course the candidates should fulfill the minimum eligibility, i.e., Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related specialization from a recognized university with a minimum of 60 Percentage or an equivalent SGPA.
EMBA in IT College admissions is based on the basis of popular examinations like GMAT, GRE, EMAT, SHL Test. Some colleges also grant admissions based on the national level entrance exams like CAT, XAT, MAT, IBSAT, etc.
Go through the list of Top EMBA Exams.
There are various institutes that offer this course. The average course is nearly INR 2.5 LPA.
Some of the top colleges that offer MBA Executive Information Technology are:
|Name of the Institute||Admission Process||Average Annual Tuition Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management SIBM||Merit-Based||INR 9,60,000||INR 23.59 LPA|
|National Institute of Management||Merit-Based||INR 40,700||INR 4,30,000|
|Imperial College of Business Studies||Merit-Based||INR 1,75,000||INR 3.01 LPA|
|ISBM University||Merit-Based||INR 57,900||INR 8.4 LPA|
|Institute of Management Studies (IMS)||Merit-Based||INR 60,000||-|
After completion of the course, the graduates can work for both the government and private sector companies.
The starting salary the graduates can expect is around INR 3 - 17 LPA. The graduates can also pursue higher studies like a Ph.D. in Business Management or any other equivalent field.
What is the MBA Executive Information Technology Admission Process?
Most of the colleges providing an Executive MBA in IT program follow an entrance-based admission process. The Admission Process is done in the following steps
- Step 1: Applications for Entrance Exam: The student is expected to select colleges in which he/she wants to apply and check which entrance exams they conduct and then apply for those entrance exams accordingly. It is advised to give one of the following: GMAT, GRE, EMAT, SHL Test, examinations since almost all the colleges accept these scores. Some colleges also accept marks scored in nationalized MBA entrance examinations like CAT, XAT, MAT, IBSAT.
- Step 2: Announcement of Results and Cutoffs: The conducting organization will release the results of the candidates. After the results are declared, the individual colleges will release cutoff marks for admission.
- Step 3: Shortlisting Process: The candidates qualifying for the cutoffs will be called by the colleges for further steps of the selection process.
- Step 4: Final Admission Round: Colleges conduct further rounds of WAT, GD, and PI to test a candidate’s expertise and skills.
The candidates who qualify in all the above-given rounds are admitted to the course.
What are the MBA Executive Information Technology Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility standards for admission in Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Executive) [Information Technology] is given below:
- The program requires a bachelor’s qualification in any Information Technology or a related discipline as the principal subject of study with a total aggregate of 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA (a relaxation of 5% is granted to SC/ST candidates) from any recognized university/college/institute.
- Candidates appearing for final year examinations are also eligible to apply, but their admission will be considered if they obtain a minimum of 50% marks (relaxation of 5% is granted to SC/ST candidates) in their Bachelor's degree.
- Most colleges require applying candidates to pass nationalized EMBA examinations like GMAT, GRE, EMAT, SHL Test, etc.
- Some colleges grant admissions based on marks scored on nationalized entrance exams like CAT, XAT, MAT, IBSAT, or other equivalent entrance examinations are eligible to apply for the EMBA in IT program.
- Some colleges offering the course grant admission based on merit.
Which are the Top MBA Executive Information Technology Entrance Exams?
A list of some EMBA Entrance Exams are as follows:
- GMAT: The Graduate Management Admission Council conducts the GMAT examination. The exam aims to check the candidate's Quant Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning. Exam Fee: INR 18,700 Approx.
- GRE: The Educational Testing Service (ETS) conducts the GRE examination, the test checks the candidate's analytical writing, verbal reasoning, and quantitative reasoning. Exam Fee: INR 14,699 Approx.
- EMAT: IIM Kozhikode conducts the EMAT examination, the exam checks the quantitative aptitude, General Management, Reasoning, and general intelligence of the candidate. Exam Fee: INR 2000.
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Date of Application||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|GMAT||Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)||-||Applicants can choose dates according to their convenience.||Computer-Based adaptive test|
|GRE||Educational Testing Service (ETS)||-||Takes place 5 times a year||Computer and paper-delivered test|
|EMAT||IIM Kozhikode||May 8 - August 6, 2020.||-||Online|
A list of some Nationalized MBA Entrance Exams are as follows:
- CAT: The IIMs conduct the Common Admission Test (CAT). Exam Fee: INR 2,000
- XAT: The Xavier School of Management conducts the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT). The exam evaluates Quantitative Ability, English and Logical Reasoning, and decision making. Examination Fee: INR 1,700
- GMAT: The GMAC conducts the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT). The question paper consists of 4 sections. Two sections have a half-hour, and thus the other 2 sections have 75 minutes. The entire duration is 3 hours and half-hour. The exam assesses Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Verbal Reasoning. Examination Fee: INR 15,000 to INR 16,000
- CMAT: The AICTE conducts the Common Management Admission Test (CMAT). The exam duration is 3 hours. It consists of 100 Multiple choice questions. Examination Fee: INR 1,400 for General, INR 700 for Female and Reserved candidates.
- MAT: The All India Management Association (AIMA) conducts the Management Aptitude Test (MAT). The exam duration is 2 and a half hours. it's 5 sections with 40 questions each with a grand total of 200 questions. Examination Fee: INR 1,550
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Date of Application||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|CAT||IIMs (IIM Indore for 2020)||August 5 - September 16, 2020||November 29, 2020||Computer-based but not online|
|XAT||XLRI||September 12 - December 10, 2020||3 January 2021||Online Exam|
|GMAT||GMAC||Throughout the Year||Multiple Exam Dates||Computer-Based|
|CMAT||NTA||23 December 2020 to 22 January 2021||22 / 27 February 2021||Online Exam|
|MAT||AIMA||July 14 - August 23, 2020||August 27 - September 2, 2020||Online Exam|
How to Prepare for the MBA Executive Information Technology Entrance Exams?
To prepare for entrance exams for Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Executive) [Information Technology], the candidate needs to get the essential information regarding the exams from a legitimate source, such as a website connected with learning, and education and Understand the guidelines and pattern of the exams.
The students should be well prepared for the questions involving the Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Section of these exams, as most students face problems in this section of the paper.
Students should be aware of the day-to-day happenings around the globe and take down notes daily to improve their language and comprehension. Most students read The Hindu to prepare for nationalized examinations.
The students must take mock tests regularly so that you have enough time to revise and retry and get better and better at solving all types of questions, till you appear for the actual examination.
Nothing can beat sheer hard work and determination. Solving the previous year's question papers could be of great help.
Read more on CAT Question Pattern, Important Tips, Marking Scheme.
How to Get Admission to a Good MBA Executive Information Technology College?
EMBA admissions encompass two steps, both have significantly different specifications- The entrance examination and the GD/PI process.
- Since most EMBA in IT colleges require students to qualify for one of the executive management entrance exams, you need to score a good percentile in entrance exams.
- Other than the marks received, the GD/PI phase is where the rest of your profile plays a part.
- Work on public speaking and building self-confidence, trust is the key to group conversation.
- Keep an eye on the important dates of entrance exams and register for the exams on time.
MBA Executive Information Technology: What is it About?
The Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Executive) [Information Technology] curriculum educates students on the foundations of operating a corporate endowment and the application of Information Technology.
- The curriculum sights at conferring emerging IT trends and managerial facilities utilized in them.
- Executive MBA in IT program is a mix of basics of both Information Technology and Management facilities.
- Several topics of learning include Computer Science, Network Information Technology, Information Database Management, and related technological applications.
- Coursework also incorporates accounting, finance, and economics associated with the IT industry.
MBA Executive Information Technology: Highlights
Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Executive) [Information Technology] is a highly opted course in the Executive management sphere. The basic information about the course has been mentioned in detail in the table given below:
|Full-Form||Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Executive) [Information Technology]|
|Level of Study||Postgraduate|
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related discipline.|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance exam + Personal Interview|
|Course Fee||INR 40,000 to 2,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 - 23 LPA|
|Job Options||Project Manager, Business Analyst, Business Development Executive, etc.|
|Areas of Employment||Individual Business, Industrial Houses, Multinational Companies, Financial Organizations, and Business deliberations.|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, TCS, Wipro, Deloitte, Cognizant, Accenture, etc.|
Why Study MBA Executive Information Technology?
EMBA Informational Technology course will help you improve the technical skills essential to keep a business prosperous.
- An EMBA in Information Technology requires noteworthy financial expense but completion of this course offers lucrative job possibilities.
- The skills you develop during the EMBA Information Technology course will help you to acclimate to the inevitable and frequent change of trends in the industries.
- The specialty of the EMBA in Information Technology program specialization is of great support for those planning for upgrading their skills.
- The EMBA Information course will help you become a successful professional and in today's world, technology is an indispensable part of the business.
Course Comparison: MBA Executive Information Technology and MBA Corporate
Comparison between MBA Executive Information Technology and MBA Corporate is given below for clarity.
|Parameter||MBA Executive Information Technology||MBA Corporate|
|Overview||Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Executive) [Information Technology]is a 2-year postgraduate Corporate Management course spread over four semesters. It’s a research program that includes management education following Information Technology organizations. The completion of this course will help students to make a career as project Manager, Business Analyst, Business Development Executive.||MBA Corporate is a 2-year postgraduate Corporate Management course spread over four semesters. It’s a research program that includes management, knowledge, and business nitty-gritty to keep up with corporate hurdles. The completion of this course will help students to make a career in Human Resource Manager, Brand Manager, Entrepreneur, Management Consultant, Marketing Manager, Equity Research Analyst, Recruitment Manager, etc.|
|Institute Type||Colleges affiliated with a university offer an EMBA course.||Colleges affiliated with a university offer an MBA course.|
|Objective||Students receive practical knowledge to adapt to the corporate world and about the usage of Information Technology in the corporate sphere.||An MBA in Corporate will provide aspirants with the skills and abilities required to manage both the Company and the employees.|
|Curriculum||The syllabus more or less remains the same with minor differences in different universities.||The syllabus more or less remains the same with minor differences in different universities.|
|Fees||INR 40,000- 2,00,000||INR 2,00,000-7,00,000|
Which Are the Top MBA Executive Information Technology Colleges?
A list of some of the top colleges that offer MBA Corporate Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Executive) [Information Technology] courses are given below:
|Name of the Institute||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|MIT College of Management||INR 115,500||INR 6.5 LPA|
|Symbiosis International University||INR 306,000||INR 7.8 LPA|
|Department of Management Science Savitribai Phule Pune University||INR 76,594||INR 6.43 LPA|
|Institute of Management Studies Ranchi University||INR 60,000||-|
|All India Institute of Management Studies (AIIMAS)||INR 65,000||-|
|Sanskrithi-School of Business (SSB)||-||-|
|Imperial College of Business Studies (ICBS)||INR 175,000||INR 3.1 LPA|
|ISBM University||INR 57,900||-|
|All India Institute of Technology and Management (AIITM)||INR 65,000||-|
College Comparison: MBA Executive Information Technology
The difference between the top three colleges offering Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Executive) [Information Technology]is mentioned below. The comparison is made on the basis of ranking, course fees, salary, and top recruiters.
|Top Colleges||MIT College of Management||Symbiosis International University||Department of Management Science Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|Overview||It is known to be the best college for EMBA in IT. Admissions are quite competitive for all the courses.||Symbiosis International University is known among the top colleges for EMBA in IT. Their faculty is the best faculty and mostly consists of Ph.D. holders.||The Department of Management Science Savitribai They offer various specializations in the field of Management and Executive Management.|
|Average Annual Tuition Fees||INR 115,500||INR 306,000||INR 76,594|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 6.5LPA||INR 7.8LPA||INR 6.43LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Tech Mahindra, CarDekho.com., KPIT Technologies Ltd, Quantazone Software private Limited, Bentley Systems, Vision Group, Niche Software Solutions Pvt Ltd, Quantazone Software Pvt, Cybage Software, TCS.||Amazon, Fidelity Business Services India, Kimberly Clark Corporation, Saint Gobain India, Aon Hewitt, First Energy Private Limited, Birla Sun Life Asset Management, Goldman Sachs Services, Mahindra & Mahindra Tata Sons, Birlasoft (India), Google, Mahindra Navistar Engines||Infosys, Tata Technologies, Atos Origin, HCL Infosystems, Innvy Consultants & IT Solutions, Intelligent Quotient Systems, TCS, Aurion Pro, HCL Technologies, Intellect Technologies, PSPL, Tech Mahindra.|
What is the MBA Executive Information Technology Syllabus?
The syllabus may differ in various colleges and universities, but the subjects that are covered during the course are usually similar.
A list of the various topics covered by universities is mentioned below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Human Resource Management||Software Quality Systems|
|Marketing Management||Software Engineering|
|Financial Management||Enterprise Resource Planning|
|Business Environment||Business Analytics|
|Organizational Effectiveness||Business Development in Knowledge-Economy|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Strategic Management||Corporate Governance and Ethics|
|Introduction to Business Intelligence||Dissertation|
|Software Project Management||Project|
|Cases in Information Technology||Research and implementation.|
What are MBA Executive Information Technology Job Profiles?
After completion of the course, the candidates can get jobs in both the private and government sectors. They often get jobs in the Banks, Educational Institutes, Brand and Marketing, Public Works, Personal Business, Tourism Industry, Industrial Houses, Multinational Companies, Financial Organizations, and Business Consultancies.
Some of the prime recruiters for such graduates are Aon Hewitt, First Energy Private Limited, Birla Sun Life Asset Management, Goldman Sachs Services, Mahindra & Mahindra Tata Sons, etc.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Project Manager||A Project Manager’s role is to plan, estimate, supervise, and document all the perspectives of the project at hand. Project Managers operate jointly with topmost administrators to make sure that the expanse and direction of individual projects are progressing on schedule.||INR 8,00,000|
|Business Analyst||A Business Analyst’s responsibility entails managing and improving technological explications to business predicaments, and to improve a company's negotiation attempts, commencing with interpreting, examining, and documenting necessities.||INR 8,62,700|
|Business Development Executive||A Business Development Executive operates to gain fresh consumers for the business, and trade supplementary outcomes or aids to the existing ones, to extend and broaden its clientele.||INR 5,63,700|
What is the MBA Executive Information Technology Future Scope?
After the completion of the EMBA IT course, the candidates will have numerous higher studies options. The following courses/certificates can help you improve your employment trajectory and also increase your earnings.
- PhD Business Management: The course is aimed at providing scholars the abilities needed to examine various concerns in their area of study. It is a research-based doctorate program.
- ISB Certificate Programme in Business Analytics (CBA): The curriculum is to provide the skills essential for scholars to examine prior business execution to perform future business outlining.
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA): This certification is granted by the institute of internal auditors (IIA). The certification assists scholars to become a commissioned consultant to the inspection committee and direct management.
- Certificate in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM): The APICS CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) is also a globally renowned certification. It performs an out-and-out acquaintance of the production strategy and inventory management of a corporation in the international operations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP): Project Management Institute (PMI) is a non-profit organization in the realm of project management. PMP certification is internationally approved. Companies hire on areas of the employees' dedication to the project management arenas.
MBA Executive Information Technology: FAQs
Ques. Is a 2 Year internship background useful for an EMBA in IT?
Ques. Is a BBA degree required to pursue EMBA in IT?
Ques. How to effectively prepare for the EMBA in IT examinations?
Ques. What is the scope for a fresher in EMBA in IT who has no experience and is freshly out of an MBA in IT program?
Ques. What is the salary for an EMBA graduate who completed a course in EMBA in IT in Kolkata?
Ques. Is it possible to earn 25-30 LPA by pursuing a career after completing EMBA in Information Technology?
Ques. Is an EMBA worth the money?
Ques. Is an EMBA in IT after an MBA a good option?
Ques. After completing BTech in Computer Science and Engineering can I do an EMBA in Information Technology be better for me?
Ques. Is an EMBA in IT the best course in the industry?