MAT 2019 Counselling, Selection Procedure and Seat Allotment
MAT Selection Process: The counselling for september 2019 session will begin from first week of october (tentatively). AIMA does not hold any centralised counselling procedure for qualifying candidates. There are nearly 600 B-Schools in India that accept MAT score. Each of the institutes will release their own MAT Cut off.
Latest Update: MAT 2019
for September session will be held on 14 September (online mode) and 21 September (offline mode). The result is expected to be declared by 28 September.
MAT 2019 Counselling Important Points
- Candidates have to check their MAT Result by entering their registation ID and roll number.
- AIMA will release counselling notification on its official website i.e. mat.aima.in.
- Candidates have to register for every college they wish to apply for separately on the college’s website.
- The selection process varies with college accepting MAT score. Some colleges directly admit candidates on the basis of their result; others hold pre-admission rounds- GD, PI and WAT to shortlist candidates.
- Candidates should confirm their ranking, as counselling is conducted as per ranking on different dates.
- Seats will be allotted on the basis of scores obtained in MAT as well as other selection rounds combined.
In majority of the management institutions these days, Written Ability Test (WAT) is given more weightage, than the group discussions. It is because the admission committee believes it is more convenient to judge a person’s viewpoints based on the Written Ability Test than in a Group Discussion. Check How to crack College Interview after MAT?
MAT Selection Procedure
The counselling/ selection procedure in MAT differs from institute to institute. While some September have a provision for offline mode, the other only allow online registrations. Given below is the step-by-step procedure of participating in MAT Counselling 2019:
- Make a list of MAT Participating Institutes in which you want to take admission.
- Apply to the business school/ management institute by sending your MAT scorecard. Check MAT Participating Colleges
- Merit list will be released by that institute & you will be informed by authorities through e-mail or call letter.
- Keep visiting the official website of the Institute for latest updates on admission and merit list.
Documents Required for MAT Selection Process
Following documents are required at the time of admission:
|Admit Card||MAT 2019 Rank Letter|
|Date of Birth Certificate||MAT 2019 Score Card|
|10th Marksheet and Passing Certificate||12th Marksheet and Passing Certificate|
|Reservation Category Certificate||Domicile Certificate|
|Migration Certificate||Character Certificate|
|One set of Self attested copy of Original documents||Medical Fitness Documents|
|Bank Draft (detailed shall be enclosed in MAT Prospectus)||6 passport size colored photographs|
Read MAT cutoff for Christ University Bangalore
Commonly asked Question
Ques. How will applied colleges under MAT exam contact me after my result?
Ans. You will be required to send your MAT Score to any 5 institutes. They will notify you via email and SMS if you get shortlisted by the exam authorities. Further rounds of selection that are conducted separately by all MAT Colleges include a written ability test, group discussion, and personal interview.
Factors Affecting Selection through MAT
Requirement of Aptitude test for Selection
Aptitude tests are conducted to discover suitable & efficient student to meet industry & market standards in the future. Your selection will depend on the following factors:
- Marks in qualifying exam/equivalent CGPA
- Performance in MAT exam
- Date of Birth: DOB benefits will be provided to those students who are older than another student with the same cut off in the merit list.
Selection Criteria for Sponsored Category Student
- If you are working in any government/regulatory/research/academic or consultant organization then you have to go through the institute level test with respect to fulfillment of minimum qualification.
- Work Experience: If you have 2 year’s post qualification experience through a technical/engineering institute of state or national level.
- Requirement of certificate: Your selection will depend on the presentation of the sponsorship certificate from the respective Institute at the time of the test.
- In case of equivalent marks of two students, DOB will be the merit criteria.
Selection of Sons/Daughter of NRI Personnel
- You must hold a valid passport regarding fulfillment of NRI quota.
- 5% of available seats are reserved.
- Seats will be converted to general intake in case of non-availability of NRI students.
Read MAT Cutoff for PUMBA
Calculation of MAT Score
The final cumulative score calculation for selecting candidates after various rounds of selection procedure would be based on the following parameters.
- Your score will be calculated by comparing it with an average group of other students. Your ability & aptitude performance are evaluated relative to the performance of a group of students.
- To obtain your composite score, collect your score in each test area. Calculate percentile in test areas & in turn calculate total percentile.
- Score obtained in the Indian & Global environment section is not used in composite score calculation rather mentioned separately in the score card.
Check: Top B schools accepting MAT score above 600
Commonly Asked Question
Ques. How do I apply for colleges after MAT results are announced?
Ans. For applying to the colleges, follow the below steps:
Visit the official website
Click on the link for the applying in colleges
Enter the Registration Number and DOB
Click on submit button
Apply for the colleges
Save the form
MAT Selection Process 2019 for Top 5 B-Schools
- For selection in DMS, IIT-Madras, the candidate must have a valid score in MAT. Past academic performance, work experience etc will also be considered during the selection process.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with 60% marks and above (55% and above for SC/ST candidates).
- A personal interview will be conducted which will be followed by group task performance and written communication.
- For selection in TA Pai Management Institution, a candidate must have a graduate degree in any discipline a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- The students of the final year, if selected, will have to submit the required proof of completion of their graduation by the time they join the post graduate program.
- Scores of MAT exam, academic excellence and work experience will also be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for a written test or personal interview and other evaluation components involved in the admission procedure.
- Candidates must have a graduation degree with 50% marks or above from a recognized University (45% and above for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates need to achieve the minimum score required in MAT 2019 as released by the institute.
- Candidates do not require applying separately for this institution and the admissions will be handled by the CAP itself.
- Candidates with work experience will be preferenced to candidates who have zero experience in the industry for the selection procedure.
- Candidates with minimum aggregate of 50% marks(45% for SC/ST candidates) in their graduation can apply for MBA in this institution.
- Candidates must score 70% marks in MAT 2019 to be eligible for admission in the MBA programme.
- Academic record, performance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview will also be considered.
- Work experience and participation in extra-curricular activities will be given additional weightage during the selection criteria.
- Candidates must have a graduate degree with a minimum percentage as 50% or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC/ST candidates)
- Final year students clearing the selection process will have to submit their proof of completion of graduation within 4 weeks of joining the course.
- Short-listed candidates will appear for personal interview and group discussions conducted by the institution.
- The final selection is going to be based on overall performance in Admission Test, Group Discussion, Personal Interview and consistent academic Awards.
MAT Counselling 2019 FAQs
Ques. How will one come to know about counselling schedule?
Ans. AIMA will release MAT counselling notification on its official website i.e. aima.in. Candidates need to be updated time to time to check the schedule.
Ques. What all documents are required to carry along at the time of counselling?
Ans. At the time of MAT Counselling, it is essential to bring all your documents such as
- Xerox Copy of MAT Admit Card
- Bank Draft (check details in AIMA MAT Prospectus)
- MAT Rank Card
- Medical Certificates
- Original and Xerox of 10th, 12th and graduation certificates
- 6 passport size colored photographs of the candidate
Ques. What all factors are responsible for selection in MAT?
Ans. Your selection will depend on the following factors:
- Marks in qualifying exam/equivalent CGPA
- Performance in MAT exam
- Date of Birth: DOB benefits will be provided to those students who are older than another student with the same MAT Cut off in the merit list.
Ques. What is the selection criterion for Sponsored Category Students?
Ans. If you are working in any government/regulatory/research/academic or consultant organization then you have to go through the institute level test with respect to fulfillment of minimum qualification. Your selection will depend on the presentation of sponsorship certificate from the respective Institute at the time of the test.
Ques. What is the selection criteria for the sons/daughter of NRI Personnel?
Ans. Candidate must hold a valid passport regarding fulfillment of NRI quota.
Ques. How many institutes are participating in MAT selection process from all over India?
Ques. What is the overall percentage required for B-school?
Ans. Overall, the cutoff in top B-school ranges from 500 to 700. Also, the management institutes vary for the MAT exam session.
Ques. Who will inform me about my selection after the announcement of score from AIMA?
Ans. After the announcement of MAT Result by AIMA, merit list will be released by every institute & you will be informed by authorities through e-mail or call letter. Keep visiting to the official website of the Institute for latest updates.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College