IIT Delhi conducted AAT 2020 on October 8, result for which has been declared on October 11, 2020. Candidates can access the result from official website – jeeadv.ac.in. Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) is an exam for JEE Advanced qualified candidates who aspire to get admission to B. Arch. program offered by IITs.
Table of Contents
AAT 2020 is a three-hour offline (paper and pen) paper that will be conducted only at 7 zonal coordinating IITs. Eligible foreign candidates, if interested for admissions in B. Arch. program, will be required to come to one of the Zonal IITs to write the Architecture Aptitude Test. The allotment of seats will solely be based on the category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in the JEE Advanced 2020.
- Candidates should bring their own drawing and coloring aids to the examination center.
- The cut-off marks for passing AAT will be decided by the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE (Advanced) 2020
- Results of AAT will be declared on the JEE (Advanced) 2020 online portal.
- Candidates securing marks above the cut-off will be declared PASS in the test.
- There is no separate ranking in the AAT. There is no separate cut-off for students of any category.
- Allotment of the seat will be solely based on the category-wise All India Rank in the JEE (Advanced) 2020 and B. Arch. program will be offered only to those candidates declared PASS in the AAT.
AAT 2020 Participating Institutions include:
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Architecture Aptitude Test|
|Exam center||7 Zonal IITs|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Language of Exam||English only|
|IITs offering B. Arch Course||IIT Roorkee, IIT (BHU) Varanasi, and IIT Kharagpur|
|Portal for AAT Registration||jeeadv.ac.in|
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Eligibility
To be eligible for AAT 2020, candidates are required to secure qualifying scores in their JEE Advanced 2020.
- The candidates must have been born on or after October 01, 1995.
- The candidates must have appeared in class 12th examination.
- The candidates must have qualified JEE Main 2020. Top 2,50,000 rank holders will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2020
- The candidates must have scored qualifying marks in JEE Advanced.
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Exam Dates
|Registration||October 5, 2020 (2 PM) to October 6, 2020 (5 PM)|
|Exam Date||October 08, 2020 09:00 to 12:00 IST (Candidate must reach exam center by 08:30 IST)|
|Result||October 11, 2020|
How to Register for AAT 2020?
The registration window for JEE Advanced AAT 2020 was open from October 5 – 6, 2020. Candidates can follow the given below simple steps to register for AAT 2020:
- Visit the official website of JEE Advanced.
- Login using the JEE Main Registration Number, Date of Birth and Password.
- Select the ‘Yes’ radio button corresponding to the ‘Would you like to register for AAT 2020?’ label, and click ‘Proceed’.
- Select a preferred exam center from the list of seven IITs.
- Click the ‘Fill Registration Details’ button.
- Carefully fill all the required information in the registration form. Click ‘Submit’.
- Take a printout of the acknowledgment screen to be used for future references.
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Admit Card
Note that no new admit card will be provided to the candidates appearing in AAT 2020. The original JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card should be produced in the AAT examination hall.
The admit card will contain the following details- Name, JEE Advanced Roll Number, Photograph, Signature, Date of Birth, Address for Correspondence, Category, and Language of the Question Paper. The candidate must possess safely the original admit card till all the formalities of admission are complete
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Exam Centers
At the time of registration for JEE Advanced AAT, candidates will be able to select their preferred exam center for Architecture Aptitude Test. The entrance exam will be held across the 7 zonal coordinating Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
- IIT Bombay Zone
- IIT Delhi Zone
- IIT Guwahati Zone
- IIT Kanpur Zone
- IIT Kharagpur Zone
- IIT Madras Zone
- IIT Roorkee Zone
- IIT (BHU) Varanasi
AAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The test will consist of only one paper of three-hour duration from 9:00 hrs to 12:00 hrs. The language of the paper will be English. The test comprises the following topics - Geometrical Drawing, Freehand Drawing, Imaging, and Aesthetic Sensitivity, Three Dimensional Perceptions, and Architectural Awareness.
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Language of Examination||English|
The candidates must carry their own drawing and sketching aids for the exam as these things will not be provided by the authorities. There is no official pattern for this exam available. However, as per the students who have taken the exam the paper usually has the following pattern:
|Section||Number of questions|
|Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity||3|
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Syllabus
- Freehand Drawing: This would comprise of simple drawing depicting the total object in its right form and proportion, surface texture, relative location, and details of its parts on an appropriate scale. Common domestic or day-to-day life usable objects like furniture, equipment, etc. from memory.
- Geometrical Drawing: Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, circles, etc. study of the plan (top view), elevation (front or side views) of simple solid objects like prisms, cones, cylinders, cubes, splayed surface holders, etc.
- 3-dimensional Perception: Understanding and appreciation of 3-dimensional forms with building elements, color, volume, and orientation. Visualization through structuring objects in memory.
- Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity: Composition exercises with given elements. Context mapping. Creativity checks through the innovative uncommon test with familiar objects. The sense of color grouping or application.
- Architectural Awareness: General interest and awareness of famous architectural creations – both national and international, places, and personalities (architects, designers, etc.) in the related domain.
AAT 2020 Exam Preparation Tips
The result of AAT is only declared only through the pass or fail status. However, the candidates aiming to purse the B.Arch course from IIT, have to pass this exam. Given below are some of the tips which would help a candidate in his/her AAT exam preparation.
- General Knowledge: More focus should be given on recent architecture-related affairs. The candidate must focus on the following areas for GK section preparation:
- Famous monuments and their Architects
- Location and the shape of the monument
- Basic common questions like a traffic signal, road safety, etc.
- Geometric Drawings: A questionnaire can be prepared for questions like transforming a certain shape into meaningful visual aspects.
- Freehand: Practice freehand drawings to judge how good is your hand in pen and paper. Practice sketching and use of colors. Practicing this will surely help the candidate
- Imagination: Well, imagination comes from within. Thus to ensure that your brain is active in this part, do a lot of creative art involving creative thinking and imagination of visuals.
Recommended Books for AAT 2020
Students can refer the following books for preparation of JEE Advanced Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)-
- Arihant Publications book – A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch Entrance Examination (English) by P.K Mishra
- NATA/JEE B.Arch. Study Material Kit Paperback
- Keys to Drawing- Strategies and Exercises for Gaining Confidence and Enhancing Your Creativity by Dodson
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Result
JEE Advanced AAT Result 2020 have been declared on October 11, 2020 at the official portal of JEE Advanced. There will be no ranking, merit list, or category wise cut off in the result of AAT 2020. However, the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE Advanced will decide a general cut off score for AAT 2020.
Those candidates who will score marks equal or above the cut off will be counted as qualified. The available B.Arch. seats will be allotted to the qualified candidates based on their category‐wise All India Rank in the JEE Advanced 2020.
The breakup of Seats for AAT 2020
|IIT Participating in AAT 2018||General Category Seats||OBC Category Seats||SC and ST Category Seats||Total Number of Seats|
The seats will be allotted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2020 through the counseling process. Once after clearing the AAT 2020, candidates will need to register for JoSAA 2020. The seat matrix will be declared at josaa.nic.in.
The table tabulated below shows the B.Arch Opening & Closing Ranks in 2017 round 7 are given below:
|Category||IIT Kharagpur 2017||IIT Roorkee 2017|
|Opening Rank||Closing Rank||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Selection Criteria
Considering the marks in the following examination, candidates will be given admission to the Architecture course.
- Architecture Aptitude Test
- Performance in Class XII or equivalent examination
Details About Class 12th Examination
The candidates need to fulfill either one of the following given criteria to take admission to the B.Arch course
The candidates must have secured a minimum 75% marks in class 12th or equivalent. The candidates belonging to SC / ST / PWD category must have secured at least 65% marks.
- The candidates must be in the top 20 percentile in the class 12th board examination in 2019 or 2020.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 with compulsory subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Marks Considered for Calculation of Top 20 percentile
- Anyone language (if candidates have two languages, then, the higher marks in any of the language will be considered)
- Any subject other than above four subjects
Other Important Information Regarding Class 12th Marks
- The candidates who appeared in Class 12th or equivalent examination for the first time in 2019 and reappeared in all the subjects, then, the best of the two performances will be considered.
- In the case of any subjects PCM and language are not evaluated in the final year, then, the marks from the same subjects from the previous years will be used to calculate the percentage of aggregate marks.
- For the calculation of the total marks for 5 subjects, if the marks awarded in a subject are NOT out of 100, then the marks will be scaled out of 100 so that the total aggregate marks are from 500.
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Exam Day Instructions
- On the day of the examination, the test-takers are required to follow the guidelines given below.
- Carrying the downloaded admit card with valid id proof is required.
- The candidates have to complete their papers in the allotted period only. No extra time will be granted.
- Candidates must report to the examination center on time. After the commencement of the exam, no candidates will be allowed to give the examination.
- Any indiscipline item is strictly prohibited in the examination hall.
What to Carry and What Not to Carry on the Examination Day?
The candidates are required to carry certain things and certain things are strictly prohibited in the examination hall. The list of the items is given below.
Things to carry
- Drinking water
- Downloaded admit card
- A photo identity card
Things not to carry
- Electronic devices like mobile phones, smartphones, calculators, tabs, digital watches, etc
- Slide rule
- Any study material
- Any textual / written material
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. I have appeared in JEE Main B.Arch / B.Plan paper 2020. Am I eligible for AAT, without writing JEE Advanced?
Ans. No, to be eligible for JEE Advanced AAT 2020, students need to score qualifying marks in JEE Advanced 2020 exam.
Ques. What kind of questions can I expect in AAT 2020?
Ans. The questions asked in the exam will test your knowledge according to different subject areas such as Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity, Freehand Drawing, Geometric Drawing, 3 D Perception, etc.
Ques. Which IITs offer B.Arch program for AAT qualified students?
Ans. After clearing JEE Advanced AAT 2020, candidates can get admission into three IITs that offer B. Arch program. These include IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee and IIT Varanasi.
Ques. What is the duration of JEE Advanced AAT 2020?
Ans. JEE Advanced AAT 2020 is a 3 hour exam.