What is BSc Perfusion Technology?
BSc Perfusion Technology or Bachelor of Science in Perfusion Technology is a 3 year course for the students who are undergraduate. Perfusion technology is the study of physiology and the pathology of the lungs and the allied respiratory organs of the human body.
Students of BSc Perfusion Technology or Perfusion Technologists prepare and operate heart-lung machines and other sophisticated equipment as directed by healthcare physicians. Perfusionists measure blood pressure and other parameters to identify appropriate mechanical, pharmacological and thermal manipulation to maintain tissue viability. Additionally, the Perfusionist must be capable of handling stressful situations, paying great attention to detail, communicating effectively, and willing to stay abreast of new developments in the profession.
Check Out: Top Perfusion Technology Colleges in India
The eligibility criteria of BSc Perfusion Technology is that students have to pass 10+2 examinations with 50% - 55% marks from a recognized institute. Science should be the mainstream.
To get admission for BSc Perfusion Technology, students have to clear entrance exams and in some colleges followed by counseling.
The average course fees of BSc Perfusion Technology is INR 60,000 to INR 2 lakhs. The main factor on which course is dependent is faculty, courses offered by college.
|NIRF Medical Rankings 2020||College Name||Admission Process||Average Fees (INR)||Average Salary (INR)|
|2||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education And Research||Entrance exam||INR 6,035||INR 4.80 lakhs|
|8||Jawaharlal Institute Of Post Graduate Medical Education And Research||Entrance exam||INR 7,760||INR 1.81 lakhs|
|20||JSS medical College and Hospital||Entrance exam||INR 94,300||INR 3 lakhs|
|31||SRM Institute Of Technology||Entrance exam||INR 1.35 lakhs||INR 8.32 lakhs|
|34||Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences||Entrance Exam||INR 1.45 Lakhs||INR 7.42 Lakhs|
The average annual salary is INR 3 lakhs to INR 16 lakhs. The salary for freshers depends on the experience and skills, size of the company, location of the company.
The job profiles after BSc Perfusion Technology are Perfusion technologist, pediatric Perfusionist, cardiac Perfusionist, medical coder, lecturer / teacher, risk manager, cardiac technician, etc.
The top recruiting companies are LivaNova, Terumo Cardiovascular system, Medtronic, Haemonetics, MAQUET, etc.
BSc Perfusion Technology Highlights
|Examination Type||Semester wise|
|Admission process||Entrance exam and counseling|
|Course Fee||INR 60,000- INR 2 lakhs|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3 lakhs – INR 16 lakhs|
|Top Recruiting companies||LivaNova, Terumo Cardiovascular system, Medtronic, Haemonetics, MAQUET, etc.|
|Job Position||Perfusion technologist, pediatric Perfusionist, cardiac Perfusionist, medical coder, lecturer / teacher, risk manager, cardiac technician, etc.|
BSc Perfusion Technology Eligibility
The eligibility for BSc Perfusion Technology is mentioned below, the student must qualify for these criteria of eligibility to have a chance of studying BSc Perfusion Technology.
- The eligibility criteria for BSc Perfusion technology is 10+2 examination or its equivalent with 50% - 55% marks from a recognized institute.
- Science should be the main preferable subject with English as a compulsory subject.
- No receptacle will be accepted. Students must have to clear 10+2 examinations in all subjects.
BSc Perfusion Technology Admission Process
To get admission for BSc Perfusion Technology, colleges and universities conduct entrance exams for this course. The registration form will be released by colleges or universities for their own entrance exam.
Step 1: Students have to fill the form online with the registration fees through the websites of respective colleges and universities before the last date.
Step 2: The admit card will be released by the colleges and universities.
Step 3: The exam date will be released by the respective colleges and universities.
Step 4: The result will be declared after that.
The counseling session will be provided to all the students. Documentation date will be given by colleges and universities. Students have to submit their correct documents in the college with tuition fees.
Related Courses: BSc Cardiac Perfusion
BSc Perfusion Technology Entrance Exams
The Entrance Exams are many as almost all colleges conduct their own entrance exams. Entrance exam conducted by colleges or universities for BSc Perfusion Technology are:
|Entrance exam||Conducted by||Application form||Exam date||Result date|
|CUCET||Chandigarh university||1 January 2020 – 13 August 2020||Will be notified soon||3rd week of August 2020|
|NIMSEE||NIMS university||16 april 2020 – 16 June 2020||27 June 2020||2nd week of july 2020|
How to crack the BSc Perfusion Technology Entrance exam?
- The basic and important guideline is to develop a reading habit. Reading habits can be developed by newspaper, novels, magazines, biographies, books, case studies.
- Learn at least 10 new words to strengthen your vocabulary and use it in daily life.
- Identify your strengths and weakness in order to overcome weakness and to know your interest area. The interested area Is a success key to crack the entrance exam. You have to focus on interested subjects also.
- Time management is very important for the BSc Perfusion Technology Entrance Exam. You should know how to manage time during the exam. You have to be clear about minutes per question. Mock test papers will help you to learn time management skills.
- More practice means more clearance of doubts. Practice will help you to learn new and correct methods to solve questions and clear your every doubt before exam.
- Be aware of current affairs, general knowledge, data sufficiency.
- Go for verbal ability through economic times.
- Develop a habit to carry a pen, pencil, eraser, and other stationary with you.
- You should know about the syllabus and the books to study for BSc Perfusion Technology.
- Revise the topics after reaching home from class. Also revise topics before going to class.
- Focus on quantitative subjects because it takes a lot of time and wants more practice with new short tricks to solve a question.
How to get admission in a good college?
- You should find your interested subject during your schooling.
- Choose the interested stream in your senior secondary education so that you can go for higher courses in the chosen field.
- Participate in competitions like debate, sports, declaration, etc to improve your skills and to boost confidence. Sports certificates will help you to open more choices in choosing the colleges with sports quota.
- List your dream subjects and colleges on the paper by giving them priorities.
- Take more counseling sessions to clear your doubts regarding the subjects, entrance exam, colleges or universities.
- Fill the online registration form in the earliest time. So that you cannot miss the application last date. You can get admission on the basis of merit based or entrance exam.
- To prepare for the BSc Perfusion Technology entrance exam, know your syllabus and find top institutes for preparation of the entrance exam you chose.
- Finding top institutes for BSc Perfusion Technology on the basis of location, size, faculty, fees, study material provided by them, conducted online – offline tests on weekends.
- Give online tests on weekends, so that you can save time and revise for your topics.
- Google for knowledge about colleges, college fees, infrastructure, faculty, placements, etc.
BSc Perfusion Technology Syllabus
Syllabus of BSc Perfusion Technology consists of 6 semesters. Each year consists of 2 semesters. Here, the given syllabus is year wise. Syllabus means subjects we study in a course.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Physiology||Applied Pathology||Applied perfusion technology|
|Biochemistry||Medicine relevant to perfusion technology||Clinical perfusion technology|
|Pathology||Applied pharmacology||Advance perfusion technology|
|Human anatomy||Introduction to perfusion technology||-|
Some of the BSc Perfusion Technology books are mentioned below. You can take these BSc Perfusion Technology books as your study material. These are the best BSc Perfusion Technology books with best authors. You can choose it depending upon its uses. These books tell you more about the politics and government laws.
|Hand book of blood gas / acid bas interpretation||Ashfaq Hasan|
|Cardiopulmonary bypass||Sunit Ghosh; Florian Falter, David J. cook|
|ECG interpretation||Zainul Abedin|
|The Big Picture: medical physiology||Jonathan David Kibble|
|Evidence Based practice of Anesthesiology||Lee A. Fleisher|
|Respiratory care anatomy and physiology||Will Beachey|
|12 Lead ECG||Tomas B. Garcia|
BSc Perfusion Technology Top Colleges
You should know about the top colleges which are offering BSc Perfusion Technology. It will easily help you to find the colleges. You can acknowledge the ranking of college, city where the college is situated, average fees and average salary offered by them.
This will help you to know in short description about top colleges. Here are the top 10 colleges and universities which offered this course.
|College Name||Location||Average fees||Average annual salary|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate medical education and research||Pondicherry||INR 7,760||INR 1.81 lakhs|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 1.1 lakhs||INR 5.96 lakhs|
|MGM Medical College||Navi Mumbai||INR 15,000||INR 4.8 lakhs|
|JSS Medical college and hospital||Mysore||INR 94,300||INR 3 lakhs|
|NIMS University||Jaipur||INR 50,000||INR 2.40 lakhs|
|Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education And Research||Chandigarh||INR 6,035||INR 4.8 lakhs|
|SRM Institute Of Technology||Kanchipuram||INR 1.35 lakhs||INR 8.32 lakhs|
|Manipal Academy of Higher education||Manipal||INR 1.75 lakhs||INR 5.69 lakhs|
|Government medical college||Kozhikode||INR 19,960||INR 3 lakhs|
|Maharashtra University of health sciences||Nashik||INR 8,000||INR 18 lakhs|
BSc Perfusion Technology Top College Comparisons
College comparison means comparing college for you on some conditions or parameters. The parameters can be about college, city, ranking, eligibility criteria, admission process, average fees, average salary package, top recruiting organizations. It plays an important role to compare college.
Here is the difference between two top colleges for BSc Perfusion Technology like Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate medical education and research and MGM Medical College.
|Parameters||Jawaharlal Institute of PostGraduate medical education and research||MGM Medical College|
|About college||JIPMER is a government university situated in Pondicherry. It offers UG, PG medical courses. It provides medical care to a large number of people. The admission is through the JIPMER entrance exam.||Mahatma Gandhi Missions medical college situated in Navi Mumbai. It was established in August 1989. It is known for being the best teaching institute. It offers UG, PG, PH.D courses of Medical.|
|Admission process||Entrance exam||Entrance Exam|
|Average fees||INR 7,760||INR 15,000|
|Top recruiting organizations||AIIMS, MAX hospital, etc.||HDFC Bank, TATA Steel|
|Average salary||INR 1.81 lakhs||INR 4.8 lakhs|
Why Study BSc Perfusion Technology?
Some of the major reasons of studying BSc Perfusion Technology are mentioned below:
- You can study after BSc Perfusion Technology in the country and abroad.
- You can do internships to gain experience.
- You will get higher pay because there is a shortage of perfusionists.
- You can go for other degrees programs after BSc Perfusion Technology .
- You get to help save lives. Your job is not just only to take care of patients but also to take care of their loved ones. You will be taking care of a surgeon to an extent.
- There’s a huge shortage. 10% perfusionists are active across the country. So according to the report, there are more job opportunities with higher pay scales across the country.
- The money is good for BSc Perfusion Technology . The national average salary is lower than the international average salary i.e., USA and Canada.
- Training is for only two years. In India, colleges and universities only need 10+2 for this course but in the USA, colleges and universities need bachelor’s degrees for two years training.
- Tuition is inexpensive. Tuition fees of perfusion is inexpensive than other fees of medical courses.
Skills Required for BSc Perfusion Technology
- Understanding the patient's problem.
- Confidence to solve the issue, surgery, report making.
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Calm and possess a focused mind to study and make reports.
- Conscious about patients' health.
BSc Perfusion Technology Course Comparisons
Before choosing your course, compare the courses on some factors :- what is course about, which colleges are offering that course, what will be the eligibility of the course, what will be the admission process, average fees of the course, average salary package after the course, what will be the job profiles and job opportunities, which companies will hire?
These are the main factors which have to be considered before enrolling yourself in the course. Here is a comparison between BSc Perfusion Technology and Bsc cardiac perfusion. Undergraduate courses are the base of higher studies.
|Parameters||BSc Perfusion Technology||BSc Cardiac Perfusion|
|Brief explanation||This course is about the study of physiology and the pathology of the lungs and the allied respiratory organs of the human body. They assume the functions of lungs and heart during the procedures.||This course is about supplementing extracorporeal flow, so as to artificially bolster and supplant a patient's respiratory and circulatory frameworks. They are primarily responsible for conducting cardiopulmonary bypass using a heart-lung machine and other ancillary equipment.|
|Duration||3 years||3 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50 – 55 % marks in science stream from a recognized institute.||10+2 with 50% marks in science stream|
|Admission process||Entrance exam||Merit based / entrance exam|
|Top colleges||Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate medical education and research, Chandigarh University, MGM Medical College,||Manipal University, Manipal, Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, New Delhi, Sharda University, Greater Noida, Mahatma Gandhi Mission Institute of Health Sciences, Saveetha University|
|Job roles||Perfusion technologist, pediatric Perfusionist, cardiac Perfusionist, medical coder, lecturer / teacher, risk manager, cardiac technician, etc.||Cardiac Perfusionist, Pediatric Cardiologist, Medical Case Review Physician, Teacher & Lecturer, Perfusionist, Cardiology Technologist, Cardiology Surgeon, etc.|
|Average fees||INR 60,000 – INR 2 lakhs||INR 10,000 – INR 5 lakhs|
|Average salary||INR 3 lakhs – INR 16 lakhs||INR 3 lakhs – 20 lakhs|
|Top recruiting organization||LivaNova, Terumo Cardiovascular system, Medtronic, Haemonetics, MAQUET, etc.||Help Age India, Try Luck Consultancy, SCTIMST, Medybiz Pvt Ltd, Hosmat Hospital, Apollo Hospital, Fortis Hospital, Talwalkars Pantaloon Fitness Pvt Ltd, etc.|
BSc Perfusion Technology Scope
These perfusionists and technologists operate heart and lungs machines and equipment for the surgery. They also operate blood vessels conditions.
They can go for higher studies after BSc Perfusion Technology. Students can pursue M.sc in forensic medicine after bachelor’s degree. The minimum qualification is BSc in Physics, Applied sciences, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Biochemistry, Microbiology, B.Pharma, and BDS from government recognised institutes.
You can also do MSc Cardiac perfusion technology which provides you many job opportunities in future.
Other courses you can go for :
- Post Graduate Diploma in Perfusion Technology
- BSc in Cardio Pulmonary Perfusion Care Technology
- P.G. Diploma in Cardiac Pulmonary Perfusion Technology
- Diploma in Perfusion Cardiac Surgery
BSc Perfusion Technology Jobs
Career options are the path where you choose and decide different decisions for your future.
The top companies that recruits you:
- Help Age India, SCTIMST
- Medybiz Pvt Ltd
- Apollo Hospitals
- Fortis Hospital
- Kailash Hospital
- Max Hospital
- Metro Hospital
- Research and development centre
You should choose your career as a list of the jobs, Research jobs and employers, find and apply according to the role and average salary.
|Job profile||Role||Average annual salary|
|Perfusionist||The role of a perfusionist is to prepare reports related to the functions of hearts and lungs. It manages physiological and metabolic demands of patients.||INR 3.93 lakhs|
|Medical coder||The role of medical coder is to transform healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services, equipment into universal alphanumeric codes. He / She is responsible for assigning the correct codes.||INR 2.97 lakhs|
|Cardiac Perfusionist||The role of Cardiac Perfusionist is to study the medical reports of patients and make notes for surgery. They operate extracorporeal equipment such as lung machine, heart machines.||INR 12 lakhs|
|Risk manager||The role of risk manager is to communicate risk policies and procedures to an organization. Market credit and operational risk are risk models provided hands on development.||INR 9.27 lakhs|
|Cardiac Technician||The role of Cardiac Technician is to assist in diagnosis and treatment of heart and blood vessels conditions. They prepare patients for open heart surgery. They monitor patients during the procedures.||INR 3 lakhs|
BSc Perfusion Technology: FAQ
Ques: What is B.sc Perfusion technology?
Ans: B.sc perfusion technology means Bachelor of science in perfusion technology. Bachelor of arts in perfusion technology is a 3 year undergraduate course. The eligibility is 10+2 with 50% marks in science stream.
Ques: Is NEET required for B.Sc Perfusion Technology?
Ans: No, college and universities conduct their own aptitude test for the students.
Ques: Is cardiac perfusion a good major?
Ans: Yes, Cardiac perfusion is a good major because the money in this profession is good. The international average salary is more than national average salary.
Ques: What will be the salary after B.sc cardiac perfusion?
Ans: The salary after B.sc cardiac perfusion will be between INR 3 lakhs to INR 20 lakhs.
Ques: Is a B.sc in biochemistry good, or a b.sc in perfusion technology?
Ans: B.sc in perfusion technology is a good course and B.sc in biochemistry is an good alternative of this course.
Ques: What will be the recruiting areas in b.sc in perfusion technology?
Ans: The recruiting areas in B.sc in perfusion technology:
- Super specialty hospitals.
- ICU, and CTICU.
- NICU and pediatric units.
- Private and government hospitals.
- Teaching and training professional.
- Social welfare organizations.
- Emergency Medical Care.
- Sales and Marketing to sell Perfusion Products.
Ques: How to apply for admission in M.sc perfusion technology?
Ans: The one who has completed the bachelor’s degree is eligible for applying M.sc perfusion technology.
Ques: Which college is best for B.sc perfusion technology in kerala?
Ans: Kerala University of health sciences, thrissur is the best college in Kerala for B.sc perfusion technology.
Ques: Which medical course has high salary?
Ans: B.sc medical lab technology is the medical course which has a high salary.
Ques: When registration will start in DU?
Ans: Last year, the registration began on May 30 and the cutoff was announced on June 30. But this year, the registration has been postponed due to covid-19 pandemic and may proceed in August 2020.