CLAT Application Form will be released online in January 2019. Visit the official website i.e. clat.ac.in to register for CLAT 2019. While filling the form , applicants have to attach their passport size color photograph and signature.
For this year, CLAT 2019 is scheduled for May 12, 2019 (tentative). Application fee for General/ OBC and other categories is INR 4000 and for SC/ ST candidates is INR 3500. No modifications can be done after the payment is made.
Read the following article to check the specifications defined by the National Law University Odisha, Cuttack for the documents. Candidates failing to scan and upload the photo, signature or documents at the time of registration will not be issued any hall ticket.
Guidelines for CLAT Photograph Specification
Mentioned below are the complete guidelines and instructions regarding uploading photo in CLAT 2019 application form:-
- Photograph must be a recent passport size color picture.
- It must have a white or a very light colored background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
CLAT Photo Dimensions: – 200 X 230 pixels (preferred)
CLAT Photo Size: - Between 20 KB – 50 KB
CLAT 2019 Photo format: - JPEG only
Note If the size of the file is more than 50 KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
Guidelines for CLAT Signature Specifications
There are certain guidelines which are slated by the conducting body for uploading and scanning of signature in the online form. They are as follows:
- The signature must be done on a white paper with a black ink pen.
- Only applicant signature is applicable and not of any other person.
- The particular will be uploaded on the application, admit card and wherever necessary.
- The signature on the admit card and attendance sheet at the time of the exam should match the uploaded signature. Any mismatch will result in disqualification.
CLAT Signature Dimensions: - 140 X 60 pixels
CLAT Signature Size: - 10 KB to 20 KB
CLAT 2019 Signature format: - JPEG only
Scanning the Photograph and Signature
While scanning the required particulars, it is important to check few instructions as mentioned below:
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
- Set Colour to True Colour
- File Size must be same as mentioned above.
- Place the photograph/signature on the scanner and scan the same.
- After scanning, crop the images to remove the unneeded area.
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format.
- The size or resolution of the images can be modified using MS Paint, Microsoft Office Picture Manager or Adobe Photoshop.
Also Check CLAT Exam Pattern
Do’s and Don’ts for CLAT Photograph and Signature
To avoid rejection of the application for the law entrance examination, the following information must be kept in mind.
- Do not take pictures from a smartphone. The photograph to be uploaded must be professionally clicked and should be of high quality.
- Avoid abstract or dark backgrounds in the photograph.
- The face of candidate (between chin and forehead) must occupy more than 50% area of the photograph.
- Candidates must not wear dark/tinted glasses. Only clear glasses are allowed.
- If a candidate wears glasses regularly, then it must be ensured that there is no undue reflection or glare in the eyes.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- The face of the candidate must be clearly visible and there must not be any unnecessary shadows or reflections in the image.
- The signature must be done on white paper. Any other background in signature may lead to rejection.
- Also, signature must be done with black ink only. All other variants of inks must be avoided.