Candidates have to MHT CET Eligibility Criteria laid down by the conducting authority to appear for the exam. All Indian Nationals who have passed HSC/12th class exam or its equivalent examination are eligible to appear for MHT CET 2021. As per DTE Maharashtra, 85% of the seats in private unaided engineering institutes in Maharashtra will be filled through MHT CET, while 15% seats will be filled/reserved for All India Quota based on MHT CET. Read More
- April 15, 2021: MHT CET 2021 Exam Dates can be delayed until June 2021 due to increasing COVID-19 cases. Check Here
- April 10, 2021: MHT CET Application Forms expected in the 1st week of May 2021. Read More
- Also, the candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (HSC/12th) in 2021 are considered eligible.
- There is no age limit for appearing in MHT CET 2021.
Read the following article to know more about MHT CET 2021 conditions for eligibility such as domicile, age, educational qualification, qualifying examination, and subject combinations.
- How to Prepare for MHT CET 2021?
- What are the courses offered under MHT CET?
- MHT CET Cut off for Engineering Colleges
MHT CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality of a Candidate – The candidates should be of Indian nationality.
- Age Limit – There is no age limit prescribed for the candidates by the authorities.
- Qualifying Examination – The candidates should have passed 12th or the equivalent examination from a recognized board/university with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects. Candidates appearing for the qualifying exam i.e. 12th in 2021 are also eligible for the exam.
- Minimum Marks Required – General category candidates should have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in 12th standard examination whereas the valid percentage for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates is 45%.
MHT CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria Based on Candidature Type
|Students’ Category||Eligibility Criteria|
|Candidates of Maharashtra State (State Quota)||Nationality: ONLY Indian Nationals are eligible. Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed HSC/equivalent exam with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects with any one of the subjects – Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical/ Vocational subjects. In these subjects, the candidates should have secured a minimum of 50% marks for General Category and at least 45% marks for reserved category and PwD candidates (belonging to Maharashtra State only). OR Candidates must have passed Diploma in Engineering and secured a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate (for General category) and at least 45% aggregate marks (for reserved/ backward category/ Persons with Disability) belonging to Maharashtra State only. OR Should have passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized university as defined by UGC with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (for General category) and at least 45% aggregate marks (for backward class/ Persons with Disability) belonging to Maharashtra State only. These candidates should have passed XII class with Mathematics as a subject|
|All India Candidates (AI Quota)|
|Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidates|
|Children of NRI/OCI/PIO/Indian workers in Gulf Countries (CWGC), Foreign National (FN) Candidates||These candidates must have passed HSC or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of these – Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical/ Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50% marks in the above subjects taken together|
Maharashtra State Candidature Criteria for MHT CET 2021
A Candidate can claim only one type of Maharashtra State Candidature Type i.e. from Type A to E. Candidates who have a domicile of Maharashtra state fall under this category.
|Candidature Type||Eligibility Criterion|
|Type A||Candidates passing SSC and also Diploma in Engineering or HSC or Bachelor of Science Exam from a recognized institution in the state of Maharashtra. Candidate who is either a domicile of Maharashtra and/or is born in Maharashtra|
|Type B||Candidates not falling in Type A but their mother or father are domiciles of Maharashtra. (They must possess a domicile certificate).|
|Type C||Candidates who do not fall in Type A or Type B but their mother or father is a Government of India or Government of India Undertaking employee. Either of the parents should be posted and reported to the duty in Maharashtra before the deadline of MHT CET application submission.|
|Type D||Candidates who do not fall in (Type A, B and C category), but either of their parents are employees of or are retired as Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking.|
|Type E||Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Exam from a recognized institution situated in a disputed Maharashtra-Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.|
All India Candidature
- Candidates who don't have a domicile of Maharashtra and are seeking admission into the engineering colleges in Maharashtra fall under this category.
- The Candidates having Indian Nationality are eligible under this category.
- The Candidates belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community from the State of Maharashtra and as notified by the Government are eligible under this category.
Other State Candidature (OMS)
- The Candidates having a Domicile Certificate / Residential Certificate / Residence and Date of Birth Certificate issued from the competent authority other than Maharashtra state are eligible under this category.
- Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidates will be considered as OMS candidates.
MHT CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Direct Admission
- NRI/ OCI/ PIO children or the children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries or Foreign National, if you belong to these types of candidature then you are exempted from appearing for MHT CET 2021.
- But it is mandatory to appear in MHT CET 2021 for admission in B.E./B.Tech for candidates belonging to Maharashtra State Candidature or Minority Candidature.
- All India Candidature candidates may or may not appear for MHT CET 2021 because JEE Main scores shall be preferred over MHT CET 2021 scores for admission to B.E./B.Tech.
- It is mandatory to appear for MHT CET 2021 for candidates belonging to Maharashtra State Candidature, Minority Candidature All India Candidature seeking admission to B. Pharm. / Pharm. D.
Conditions for Scribe Facility
- Candidates with more than 40% disability are eligible to get the facility of a scribe.
- Candidates who are not in a position to write like candidates who are Blind, or have low vision or persons affected with Cerebral Palsy and Learning Disability can avail of a scribe.
- The scribe shall be arranged by the candidate only.
- The candidate has to indicate willingness at the time of online submission of the application form for the scribe.
- The candidate has to fill the declaration form for a scribe in the format available on the official website.
- Paste photographs of the candidate and the scribe with signatures and submit this declaration form before reporting to the examination hall on the examination day to the “Venue Officer”.
- The candidates have to produce the disability certificate in original along with Admit Card to the “Venue Officer” during the time of examination.
- Candidates will be given 20 minutes extra.
Important Instructions for MHT CET 2021 Candidates
- The Question Paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Each question will have Four options (answers).
- Only one option among the four will be correct.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects will have 1 mark for each question
- Mathematics subjects will have 2 marks for each question.
- The total duration for the MHT CET is 180 Minutes.
- The candidate has to solve 150 questions.
- There is no Negative Marking.
- Candidates are advised not to spend too much time on any particular question.
- Questions will be available in English/Urdu/Marathi languages.
- Question Paper in Urdu & Marathi will only be available to the candidates who have opted for that particular language in the online CET Application form.
- In case of any dispute regarding the question, the Original English version will be considered as Final.
MHT CET Eligibility 2021 FAQs
Ques. I will complete my qualifying exam (HSC/12th) in March 2021, will I be eligible to apply for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible to apply for MHT CET 2021. But you have to provide your provisional mark sheet of class 12th during the time of admission.
Ques. I have got a compartment in class 12th, can I apply for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. Yes, you can apply but your MHT CET admission will be finalized only if you clear the compartment of that subject.
Ques. What are the requirements of the minimum mark to apply for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. You need a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in class 12th. If you are appearing in 12th then also you are eligible to apply but you have to provide the mark sheets of the same at the time of admission.
Ques. What is the minimum age limit requirement for MHT CET?
Ans. There is no minimum age limit to apply for MHT CET 2021.
Ques. I am an NRI, what will be the eligibility criteria for me in MHT CET?
Ans. NRI candidates must have passed HSC or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of these Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical/Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50 % marks in the above subjects taken together.
Ques. Is Aadhaar Card mandatory for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. No Aadhar Card is not the only valid ID proof. Other than this you can have Voter Card, Driving License, e-Aadhaar card with a photograph, PAN Card, Indian Passport, Bank Passbook with photo, Any Photo ID proof issued by the Gazetted Officer/ People’s Representative, Recent ID card issued by recognized college or university. Ration cards will not be accepted as a valid ID proof forMHT CET.
Ques. Are candidates from outside Maharashtra eligible for reservations under the SC category in MHT CET?
Ans. No. Reservations under any category are only for candidates who are from Maharashtra.
Ques. Will the exam conducting authorities of MHT CET 2021 provide scribes for the candidates who need them?
Ans. No. Candidates who need scribes for MHT CET have to personally arrange for them.
Ques. Do NRI candidates have to appear for MHT CET in order to get admissions into universities in Maharashtra?
Ans. No. NRI candidates are eligible for direct admission and thus they do not need to sit for MHT CET.
Ques. What percentage of seats are reserved for all India candidates in private unaided engineering institutes of Maharashtra?
Ans. 15% of seats are reserved for all India candidates who are applying for admission to private unaided engineering institutes of Maharashtra either through MHT CET 2021 or JEE.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.