MHT CET Eligibility 2018: The Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra defines the eligibility conditions for candidates appearing in MHT CET. As per DTE Maharashtra, 85% of the seats in private unaided engineering institutes in Maharashtra will be filled through MHT CET, while 15% seats will be filled/reserved for All India Quota based on MHT CET.
- Indian Nationals who have passed HSC/12th class exam or its equivalent examination are eligible for appearing in MHT CET 2018.
- There is no age limit for appearing in MHT CET 2018.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (HSC/12th) in 2018 are considered eligible.
Candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria can proceed towards MHT CET Registration. Read the following article to know more about MHT CET eligibility conditions such as domicile, age, educational qualification, qualifying examination and subject combinations.
Who is exempted from appearing in MHT CET 2018?
Candidates/Children of the parents who are citizen of the following nationality are exempted from appearing in MHT CET:
- Children of NRI/OCI/PIO
- Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries
- Foreign National
They are offered direct admission based on their performance in the qualifying exam.
MHT CET Eligibility Criteria 2018
|Category of students||Eligibility Criteria|
|Maharashtra State Candidates|
Nationality: Only Indian Nationals are eligible
Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed HSC/equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with any one of the subjects – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical/Vocational subjects. In these subjects taken together, the candidates should have secured a minimum of 50 % marks (for General Category) and at least 45 % marks (for reserved category and Persons with Disability candidates) belonging to Maharashtra State only). OR Candidates must have passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and secured a minimum of 50 % aggregate marks (for General category) and at least 45 % aggregate marks (for reserved/backward category/Persons with Disability) belonging to Maharashtra State only.
Must have passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognised university as defined by UGC with a minimum of 50 % aggregate marks (for General category) and at least 45% aggregate marks (for backward calss/Persons with Disability) belonging to Maharashtra State only. These candidates should have passed XII class with Mathematics as a subject
Entrance Test: Candidates must have secured a valid score in MHT CET 2018 (PCM) or JEE Main 2018 Paper I
|All India Candidates (AI)|
|Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidates|
|Children of NRI/OCI/PIO/Indian workers in Gulf Countries (CWIGC), Foreign National (FN) Candidates||These candidates must have passed HSC or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of these – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical/Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50 % marks in the above subjects taken together|
MHT CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria related to Candidature Type
|Candidature Type||Eligibility Criterion||Home University|
|Type A||Candidates passing SSC and also Diploma in Engineering or HSC or Bachelor of Science Exam from a recognised institution in the state of Maharashtra Candidate who is either Domicile of Maharashtra and/or is born in Maharashtra||Place of passing the Qualifying Exam should fall within the jurisdiction of the respective University area.|
|Type B||Candidate not falling in Type A but his/her mother or father are domiciles of Maharashtra. (They must possess domicile certificate).||Place of domicile certificate issuing authority must fall within the jurisdiction of the respective University area.|
|Type C||Candidates who do not fall in Type A or Type B but their mother or father is a Government of India or Government of India Undertaking employee. Either of the parents should be posted and reported to the duty in Maharashtra before the deadline of MHT CET application submission.||The parents posting area must fall within the jurisdiction of the respective University area.|
|Type D||Candidates who do not fall in (Type A, B and C category), but either of their parents are employees of or are retires as Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking. ||Place of posting of mother or father or place of settlement in case of retirement or place of last posting in case posted outside Maharashtra state falling within the jurisdiction of the respective University area.|
|Type E||Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Exam from a recognised institution situated in a disputed Maharashtra-Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.||Candidates will be considered under outside home University or for outside Maharashtra state seats. |
MHT CET Eligibility Criteria 2018 related to All India Candidature
- Indian nationals can apply under this category.
MHT CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria related to Minority Candidature
- Candidates belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community from Maharashtra state (as notified by the Government) will be considered eligible under this Category.
MHT CET Eligibility Criteria 2018 for Domicile of Maharashtra Karnataka Disputed Border Area (MKB)
- Domiciled candidates of a place situated in the area specified as Maharashtra-Karnataka Disputed Border Area are eligible.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2/XII from an institution situated in the disputed border area.
- Such candidates must produce a domicile certificate (of disputed land) from the Principal/Head Master of the College/School reflecting that the candidates belong to that institution.
- Candidates from MKB must have Marathi as their mother tongue and they need to produce a certificate from the Principal/Head Master of the school from where they have passed the 10+2 examination.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2/XII exam with Marathi as one of the subjects.
MHT CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Defence Personnel
- Ward/Spouse/Children of former defence service personnel (who are residents of Maharashtra).
- Ward/Spouse of serving defence service personnel (transferred to Maharashtra) are also eligible.
MHT CET Eligibility Criteria 2018 related to Persons With Disability (PwD)
- Candidates seeking admission under PwD category, must fulfil the following:
- Candidates blind under type P1
- Candidates deaf and dumb under type P2
- Candidates with orthopaedic disorders, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphica, Spastic (type P3)
These candidates must produce the certificate (Proforma F/F-1) wherein the extent of disability i.e whether it is more than 40 per cent or is permanent in nature must be reflected.
MHT CET Eligibility Criteria for specialized branches of Engineering/ Technology
- Candidates seeking admission to Bio-Medical/Bio-Tech Engineering courses, should have Biology in their 10+2 and must have passed in this subject.
MHT CET Eligibility Criteria 2018 for admission to Mining Engineering course
- Female candidates are not eligible for admission to Mining Engineering.
MHT CET Eligibility Criteria related to Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature
- Children of displaced citizens from Jammu and Kashmir to any part of India.
- Children of displaced citizens displaced to a little safer place in J&K from an unsafe border area of Jammu and Kashmir from 1990 onwards due to terrorist activities.
- Children of officers belonging to Indian Foreign Services (IFS), Indian Administrative Services (IAS), Indian Police Services (IPS).
- Children of military staff and paramilitary forces staff transferred to Jammu and Kashmir to combat terrorist activities and joined their on or before the last date of application for admission.
- Children of officers/staff of Jammu and Kashmir police involved in combating terrorism
Important: Despite the above criteria, preference will be given to J&K Migrant candidates who appeared in JEE Main 2018 over MHT CET 2018.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College