MAT is the only management exam which is held 4 times a year. More than 600 Business Schools accept MAT scores. The September session of MAT is scheduled for Sept 2 and 15 in offline and online modes respectively. AIMA will announce the MAT result by September 21 at its official website.
- For Top B-schools accepting MAT Score above 600, may touch a percentile score of 95+.
- Admission will be granted on the basis of scores obtained in all the rounds of selection process.
- MAT scorecard is valid only for 1 year from the date of release of result. Read on to know more about how to calculate MAT scores and composite scores.
MAT Marking Scheme
MAT exam consists of 200 questions and each question carries one mark. Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer, no marks will be deducted or given for unattempted questions. Check Complete MAT Exam Pattern
MAT Score Calculation 2018
- MAT 2018 scores are scaled to account for the difference in the difficulty level for each individual MAT Exam.
- Score reports consist of the six scores: Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Composite score, Indian & Global Environment.
- Score scales of the first four sections and the composite scores are based on the performance of candidates in the exam conducted in 1996. This is so because their scores were defined in a way that a score of about 50 in a section and about 500 on a composite scale represent the average performance of that group.
- Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning and Indian & Global Environment (Indian & Global Environment score, is calculated separately) are reported on a scale of 0 to 100. In this section, scores less than 20 and more than 80 are rare.
- For each of the six scores, a percentile below figure is given, which indicates the percentage of candidates who scored below the given mark based on the entire MAT testing population. The percentile below figure may change with each administration for the same scores.
- Composite score is calculated on the basis of performance in the first four sections which include Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency and Intelligence & Critical Reasoning.
- Composite score is reported on a scale of 199 to 801. All scores below 200 are reported as 199 and all scores above 800 are reported 801.
- Indian & Global Environment score is not considered in the composite score, but a minimum pass mark is required in this section to qualify the exam.
- MAT 2018 scores cannot be compared with other tests or derived from another test. Differences in administration are compensated by statistical process of score equating.
How to Check MAT 2018 Score?
The next session of MAT Exam 2018 is scheduled in September. The result for the same will be declared on September 21, 2018. To download your MAT Score Card, follow the below steps:
- Go to MAT Official Website
- Enter your Registered Form number and Roll number.
- Click on submit button
- Take the printouts of the results.
This is how your scorecard will look like:
How to Obtain Duplicate MAT Score Card 2018?
To obtain a duplicate MAT Score Card, you will have to write an application requesting for the same. That application must be enclosed with the below documents:
- Photocopy of the lower half of the Admit Card which was handed over at the test centre duly signed by the invigilator.
- An envelope having:
- Size 24cms x 12cms (approx)
- Candidate’s address written in capitals
- Postage stamp of Rs 40/- affixed for sending by Speed Post.
- If the request for duplicate Score Card is made within 45days no need of extra fee.
- Requests for duplicate Score Card received after 45 days will have to be accompanied with a demand draft of Rs. 100/- drawn in favour of ‘All India Management Association”, payable at New Delhi.
The mentioned documents are to be sent at the following address:
All India Management Association
14, Institutional Area
New Delhi-110 003
We hope this article was helpful in clearing your doubts about how MAT Result is calculated. We also hope all of you examinees score excellent marks. Good luck!