What is the MBA Healthcare Management Admission Process?
MBA Healthcare Management admission process is based on the merit list. The applications of the candidates are processed and those selected need to go through an entrance test which would comprise PI (Personal Interview) and Group Discussion (GD) rounds. The MBA course applicants are then judged based on their performance in Group Discussion that tests the knowledge of the subject and credibility in Personal Interview.
Candidates who have completed a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible to apply for the MBA Healthcare Management course. Aspirants should also qualify any nationalized entrance examination such as CAT/MAT/GMAT/XAT/IIFT/ATMA etc. as per the requirements of the institute to get admission to the top MBA Healthcare Management colleges.
Applicants can download online application forms from the respective sites or collect the application form from the college itself. The documents mentioned by the college need to be attached to the application form and submitted during the time of admission.
Candidates interested in applying for an executive MBA in Healthcare Management must have the requisite experience in the health care sector.
What is the MBA Healthcare Management Eligibility Criteria?
- Candidates are required to complete their Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or any other equivalent examination. Candidates belonging to the reserved category such as SC/ ST/ OBC get 5% relaxation in the minimum marks requirement.
- Candidates must have cleared any nationalized or state level entrance exam such as CAT / XAT / MAT / CMAT / GMAT etc.
- Applicants must have a valid score and must fulfill the cut-off criteria provided by the college.
- For some universities, applicants are required to write entrance examinations followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by the examinations body of the university and secure good ranks.
Students are called for counseling sessions based on the scores obtained in the entrance exam combined with scores obtained in under graduation and other national level exams.
- Few universities also provide admissions via direct method or management quota that is based on skills possessed and marks obtained at the undergraduate level.
What are the Top MBA in Healthcare Management Entrance Exams?
There are many entrance exams that one can write in order to gain admission to the top MBA Healthcare Management colleges. Details of the exams are tabulated below:
|Entrance Exams||Conducting Body||Registration Dates||Exam Dates||Exam Mode|
|CAT||The IIMs||August 7 to September 25, 2020||November 22, 2020||Computer-Based Standardized Test|
|MAT||AIMA (All India Management Association)||1st Week of July, to August 2021 (For September Exam)||September 2021||Pen Paper Based/ Computer-Based Mode and Internet-Based Test|
|XAT||XLRI Jamshedpur||Third week of August 2020 to Last week of November 2020 (without late fee)/ Second week of December 2020 (with late fee)||First week of January 2021||Online|
|CMAT||National Testing Agency (NTA)||Throughout the Year||Throughout the Year||Computer-Based|
|ATMA||Institutes under AIMS||July 16, 2020||August 07, 2020||Computer-based|
How to prepare for the MBA Healthcare Management Entrance Exams?
- Verbal Reasoning and Reading Comprehension
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation
- Quantitative Aptitude/Reasoning
Some management exams may also ask questions based on General Awareness.
To prepare for these exams the following points can be helpful-
- Verbal Reasoning is one of the harder sections of the exam. The section contains Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and Vocabulary.
- The quantitative ability test covers important topics such as geometry, probability, mensuration, matrices, and other high school topics.
- The current affairs sections are highly valued, and the preparation of it should be done every day by consuming daily news and global knowledge.
- Aspirants must take as many time-based tests as they can, as it increases their sync with the fast-paced examination process.
- Along with studies, Mock Based test series must also be given equal importance.
- Students must make studies a routine, and not an overhaul as that elongates their syllabus retention capabilities.
MBA Healthcare Management: FAQs
Ques. What is the MBA Healthcare Management eligibility?
Ans. The MBA Healthcare Management eligibility criteria is to have a graduation degree in any stream with at least 50% from a recognized university. However, there is 5% relaxation for the reserved classes like SC/ST/Other Backward Class.
Ques. How is the MBA Healthcare Management admissions offered in India?
Ans. MBA Healthcare Management admissions offered in India is offered usually on the basis of the scores obtained in the entrances.
Ques. What are some of the top MBA Healthcare Management entrances?
Ques. Is GD & PI rounds important for the MBA Healthcare Management admissions?
Ans. Yes, GD & PI rounds are important for the MBA Healthcare Management admissions.
Ques. What are the topics discussed in the GD round?
Ans. Current Affairs Topics, Abstract Topics,Business & Economy Topics,Social Issues are the main areas from which topics are given for GD rounds.