Candidates need to evoke the rhythm of grammar to target this section effectively in XAT 2021. Apart from knowledge and understanding about the structure, it is vital to have the ability to reason out of the box to grip the arc and tonality of the passage concerned.
XAT VARC section will put the candidate in the middle of questions that concern statements, assumptions and conclusions accordingly. Solving the VARC Practice paper will help the candidate understand the question tonality and exam pattern.
XAT VARC section consists of 26 questions with 1 mark each within the time limit of 55 minutes. Check XAT 2021 Exam Pattern. By attempting practice papers, candidates can access their aptitude and also crack the examination with an excellent score.
XAT Official Mock Test has been released by XLRI Jamshedpur and can be accessed by entering the login credentials. Download XAT 2021 Mock Test PDFs
Composition of XAT VARC Practice Paper
The candidate needs to target three important sections in this part notably, Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning and Reading Passages. The sections more importantly consist of the following topics:
- Verbal Ability: The syllabus you need to cover in this part is questions based on English vocabulary like fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, correction of sentences, use of right words, etc
- Reading Comprehension: This part will take more time because you have to read the whole paragraph to mark the correct answers and also the share of questions from this part is high in VARC. The topics for RC could be from politics, economics or abstract.
- Logical Reasoning: The syllabus for this part is analogy, clocks, inference & judgments, blood relations, seating arrangements, etc. The questions from this part are mostly asked in sets so if you are able to crack one LR question then it means you can answer at least 2-3 questions.
- XAT Quant Syllabus, Pattern, Sample Questions, and Preparation Tips
- XAT GK Syllabus, Pattern, Sample Questions, and Preparation Tips
- XAT Decision Making Questions With Solutions, Tips, Pattern
Benefits of solving XAT VARC Practice Papers
Format of XAT question paper
XAT VARC consists of various types of question formats ranging from three important sections Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning and Reading Passages and having the clear knowledge about the set parameters helps to crack the examination with ease.
Enhances the speed
It also helps to accelerate the speed and this will be a great practice for the final examination. As there is sectional timing in this format of the examination, it is required to practice those papers in this way to crack the examination.
If the candidate practices 2 papers a day for 6 months before appearing for the final examination, they will be able to improve their accuracy and vision of solving the question by vividly strategizing it.
Analysis of skills
The candidate gets a vast opportunity to analyse the pattern and syllabus for the examination. And also evaluate the process they take.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.