XAT Eligibility Criteria 2019: Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline is the basic eligibility requirement to apply for XAT. Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2019 may also apply.
- Last date to register with a late fee is December 9 (extended). Register Now
- Candidates can also change their preferred exam city as well by December 9.
- XLRI Jamshedpur has scheduled XAT 2019 for January 6.
- The exam will be conducted in CBT mode in a single session. Check XAT Exam Pattern
- Graduates of 1980s with a 2-year bachelor's degree are not eligible for the exam.
- There are no minimum aggregate marks criteria for appearing inXAT 2019.
- NRI and Foreign candidates are also eligible to apply on the basis of GMAT (except Dubai and Kathmandu candidates wherein candidates also have an option of appearing for XAT 2019).
- There is no restriction on age or number of attempts.
What is XAT Eligibility Criteria 2019?
The eligibility for XAT varies as per the nationality, age, educational and program are chosen by a candidate. All details have been given below for your reference:
XAT Eligibility Criteria as per Nationality
- Candidates with Indian citizenship can apply for XAT 2019.
- NRI & foreign candidates can also apply for the exam.
- Foreign nationals can apply through GMAT score (except in Dubai & Kathmandu where XAT is conducted).
Check XAT Registration 2019 for Foreign Candidates
XAT Eligibility Criteria as per Age Criteria
- No upper or lower age limit is defined for XAT entrance exam.
XAT Eligibility Criteria as per Academics/ Education
- A graduation degree of 3 years duration is the minimum requirement.
- Students with PG degree need to put their PG percentage in application form instead of graduation percentage.
- All backlogs must be cleared before admission through XAT is done.
XAT Eligibility Criteria as per Program
For admission to XLRI, XAT is accepted and only 3 courses are offered:
- Human Resource Management
- Minimum 3 years of bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute.
- NRI and foreign candidates can apply through GMAT.
- Students in final year of examination can apply if their result will be declared by June 10, 2019.
- Business Management
- A bachelor’s degree of 3 years duration in any stream.
- NRI and foreign origin students can apply through GMAT.
- Students in final year of examination can apply but the result must be declared by June 10, 2019.
Read XAT Admission Procedure at Xavier Institute of Management, Jabalpur
- General Management programs (PGDM)
- Recognized bachelors from any Indian or foreign university with 3 years of duration.
- Managerial/supervisory experience of 5 years of experience by March 31, 2019.
- XAT 2019 score and GMAT score will be considered. (GMAT exam must be cleared between December 1, 2016, and December 20, 2018).
- Business Management Program (Part-Time)
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline obtained after a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary education (10 + 2) or equivalent.
- The bachelor’s degree should be from any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or possess an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
Number of Attempts
XAT is although a tough exam, but there is no limit on the number of attempts. Generally, students take 3-5 attempts for XAT. A serious aspirant is able to secure a seat in two to three attempts. CheckXAT Cut off
XAT Eligibility for International Candidates
Candidates belonging to the below categories are eligible to apply for XAT. They have the option of either applying via XAT or GMAT. Definition as per "Regulation for admission of NRI/Foreign Nationality/Person of Indian Origin", AICTE letter dated 24 April 2002 is as follows:
- NRI: A person is treated as "not ordinarily resident/ NRI" when any of the following conditions are satisfied:
- If they have not been resident in India in nine out of ten preceding years; or
- If they have not been in India for a period of 730 days or more during the preceding seven years.
- Persons of Indian Origin: "Persons of Indian Origin" (PIO) means a person having foreign citizenship (except Pakistan and Bangladesh) without "NRI" status, but who holds a Foreign Passport at the time of sending application, consideration for admission and during the period of his study and he/she or anyone/ both of their parents or anyone / both of his /her grandparents is (or was) / are (or were) citizen (s) of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitution of India.
- Foreign National: "Foreign National" (FN) is an individual having citizenship of a foreign country (citizens of all countries other than India) and not having the status of "NRI" and/or "Persons of Indian Origin" (PIO).
XAT 2019 Registration
- Candidate who fulfills XAT Eligibility can proceed toward filling the application form.
- It will be available from August 20 - November 30, 2018.
- XAT Registration primarily involves five steps - Registration, Application Form Filling, Uploading Documents, Payment of Fee, and Submitting Form. They are described below:
Step 1- Registration- The first step requires you to visit the official website and register using your personal details. You will receive a unique ID and Password to complete the further process.
Step 2- Fill Application Form- Here, you must fill-in your personal and academic details, work experience, preferred course and exam centre.
Step 3- Fee Payment- Here, candidates will be required to pay the requisite application fee in either online or offline mode.
Step 4- Upload Documents- Candidates will be required to upload scanned images of their recent photograph and signature
Step 5- Confirmation Page- Post previewing all the filled data, you will receive a confirmation page.
XAT Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Q1) I have got backlogs in graduation, can I apply for XAT?
Ans ) Yes, you can apply but your admission will be finalized only if you clear the subject before the commencement of the semester in MBA school. The documents must be submitted in your college, where your admission has been done provisionally done.
Q2) I am a final year student, what to fill in the percentage filed?
Ans ) Add the aggregate percentage of marks obtained until the time of filling the form.
Q3) By completing the registration process, am I eligible for XLRI and other associated members?
Ans) You must fulfill XAT eligibility criteria 2019 given by each of the member institutes separately which are registered as XAT associate member.
Q4) Is XAT test used for admission to XLRI?
Ans) Yes, only through XAT you get admission in XLRI institute.
Q5) Is internship or Articleship counted as work experience?
Ans) No, they are not counted as work experience.
Q6) I have a PG degree, what to put in the percentage field?
Ans) Put up your PG percentage as PG percentage.
Q7) I took 6 subjects in class 10, do I have to put best of 5 in class 10 exam field?
Ans) No, just put the class 10 total percentage.
Q8) Does the work experience before Graduation is counted?
Ans) No, it is not counted as work experience.
Candidates who fulfill all the above criteria can register themselves at the official website of XAT test. In case the authorities find out inaccurate or faulty information, the application will be rejected. Successfully registered candidates will appear for XAT in January 2019.
In case of any query, ask them in the comments below.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College