XLRI Placements are in some of the most sought after and prestigious companies in India and the world. This is because Xavier School of Management (XLRI) is one of India’s most premier management schools, and it is ranked 9th in the NIRF ranking framework of the MHRD.
Multiple ranking frameworks contend that XLRI is a very great B School, and because of this competition for XAT is also very high and so are the cut offs. To read more about XLRI Placement, Salary and Cut Offs, read below.
XLRI Placement and Salary for XAT 2021 Highlights
What are the courses offered in XLRI?
Before looking at the average salary and the placement, it is important to go through the courses offered in XLRI Jamshedpur. Refer to the table below for all the different courses offered in XLRI:
|Course Name||Selection Basis|
|PGDM BM / PGDM HRM||XAT + GD / PI (Domestic) XAT + PI (NRI)|
|PGDM GMP||XAT + GD / PI (Domestic) XAT / GMAT + GD / PI (NRI)|
|FPM||XAT or JRF / NET or GMAT / GRE / GATE or PGP from XLRI / IIM / FMS, etc.|
|PGDBM||WAT (mandatory) GMAT / XAT / CAT (optional if appeared) + PI|
XLRI Program & Fees
|Courses Offered||Fees in INR||Eligibility Criteria|
|PG Diploma||₹4.26 Lakhs (1st Year)||Graduation|
|Executive Diploma||₹4.1 Lakhs (Total)||Graduation|
|PGDM||₹11.8 Lakhs (1st Year)||Graduation|
|PG Certificate||₹3 Lakhs (Total)||Graduation|
|Diploma||₹4 Lakhs (Total)||Graduation|
|EFPM||₹8.5 Lakhs (Total)||Post Graduation|
XLRI Selection Process and Campusing
How do you know if a company is fit for you? Look out for the following in the company brochure:
- Complete Profile of the company
- Full Profile of the role you are being offered
- The location where you will be posted
- Total Compensation offered after tax and other deductions
XLRI Placement Key Highlights
Key Highlights of XLRI Final Placements 2020:
- The median salary in 2020 saw an increase to INR 23 lakhs PA from 21 lakhs PA in 2019
- The average salary also saw an increase to INR 24.30 lakh PA from INR 22.35 lakhs PA in 2019.
- There were numerous domestic offers at INR 50 lakhs PA from BFSI sector
- The highest international offer was INR 58.5 lakhs PA (from S&M domain)
- XLRI 2020 batch received the highest number of offers made through PPOs; 43% of the batch
- Total number of new recruiters was 24. Top roles offered were Consulting, Sales & Marketing and BFSI.
- Among regular recruiters, KPMG and Pricewaterhouse Coopers made the highest number of offers in 2020.
- Few finals recruiters are Arga Investment Company, Tolaram Group, M H Alshaya, Myntra, Power Finance Corporation, Delhivery, JCB, Thoucentric, Welspun, Diageo, Varroc, CK Birla, amongst others.
- There was participation from PSUs such as Power Finance Corporation, and GAIL.
XLRI XAT Cut Offs
Cut Off for XAT is released every year by XLRI after the results have been announced. This year, it is expected to cross 95+. Here are the previous years cut offs for reference:
|Categories||Verbal Logical Ability||Decision Making||Quant & DI||Percentile|
Check XAT 2021 Cut Off
XLRI Placement Data
|Number of recruiters||108|
|Number of New Recruiters||24|
|Median Salary||INR 23 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 24.30 LPA|
|Highest Domestic Offer||INR 50 LPA (S & M Domain)|
|Highest International Offer||INR 58.5 LPA (S & M Domain)|
|Best Roles Offered||Consulting, Sales & Marketing and BFSI|
|Highest Offers by||KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers|
- The batch received the highest number of offers made through PPOs: 43% of the batch
- New finals recruiters included companies such as Arga Investment Company, Tolaram Group, M H Alshaya, Myntra, Power Finance Corporation, Delhivery, JCB, Thoucentric, Welspun, Diageo, Varroc, CK Birla, amongst others.
- Participation from PSUs like Power Finance Corporation, GAIL.
*Note: Data based on statistics from XLRI Placements 2019. This page will be updated with fresh data as soon as it is available.
Check XLRI Placement Procedure and more information
XLRI Top Recruiters
The Top Recruiters for XLRI include the following organizations:
|XLRI Top Recruiters|
|AB InBev||Accenture||ACT Fibernet|
|Adani||Aditya Birla Group||Airtel|
|Amazon||Allianz Global Investors||Asian Paints|
|AGT Tires||Axis Bank||Axis Capital|
XLRI Salary Trends
The XLRI Salary Trends for the previous years are given below:
|Year||Average salary (INR)||Median salary (INR)|
|XLRI Placement 2020||24.30 LPA||23 LPA|
|XLRI Placement 2019||22.35 LPA||21 LPA|
|XLRI Placement 2018||20.10 LPA||21 LPA|
|XLRI Placement 2017||19.21 LPA||19 LPA|
|XLRI Placement 2016||18.50 LPA||18 LPA|
XLRI Placement Sectors
- IT Services
XLRI Placement in IT
|Company||Role||Annual CTC In Lakhs (INR.)||No of Students Placed|
|Microsoft||Product, Program, HR||40-45||5-6|
|Amazon||Program, Category, Ops||35+||7-8|
|Ola||MT + HR||22-25||2-3|
|Flipkart||Product, Category, HRBP||25-30||5-6|
|OYO||Product, Program, HR||22-25||7-8|
|HCL||Global Engagement Manager||15-20||2-3|
If XLRI is not a good option, candidates can consider a number of other alternative colleges that also accept XAT scores for admission. These colleges also offer excellent placement and salary statistics. Here are the Top XLRI Alternatives:
XLRI Placement and Salary for XAT 2021 FAQs
Ques. When will the XLRI placement program be conducted?
Ans. XLRI summer internship placements are generally held in October or November, while the lateral recruitment process is expected in December or January. XLRI final placement is scheduled for February.
Ques. Does XLRI conduct separate placement processes for BM and HRM?
Ans. XLRI Business Management and Human Resource Management programs might have a common recruitment process, but companies can come to campus to recruit students for one or both programs. Candidates must consult their Placement Committee Relationship Manager for clarifications regarding the same.
Ques. What was the highest and average salary offered in the PGDM GM batch at XLRI?
Ans. The highest and average salaries recorded in the PGDM GM batch were INR 48 LPA and INR 19.61 LPA respectively.
Ques. Which sector made maximum placement offers in the PGDM GM program at XLRI?
Ans. IT/Systems made maximum placements followed by Consulting, Sales & Marketing, Operation & Supply Chain Management.
Ques. Does XLRI also accept CAT / MAT for the PGDM program?
Ans. XLRI accepts only XAT and GMAT scores for granting admission into the program.
Ques. What is the minimum XLRI Jamshedpur cut off for admission?
Ans. XLRI Jamshedpur cut off for general category admissions is as follows:
- PGDM: 96
- PGDHRM: 96
- PGDBM: 96
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.