Asia is filled with renowned business schools with most of them accepting GMAT score. Asia doesn’t fall far behind UK or US in terms of endowing world-class education to students aspiring to become a leader in the business or corporate sphere. India, China, Singapore upholds B-schools which are reputed and empowers their students with enhanced entrepreneurial and managerial skills.
The lookout for the perfect business school can be baffling for many and therefore we bring you the top features to look for in a B-school.
Electing the best MBA College
A systematic approach towards choosing the best business school should be followed by every candidate as pursuing a management degree involves a lump sum amount.
- Figure out the exams accepted and their cut off: The B-school you’re selecting may have their specific entrance exam as a way of selection, some may accept only the national entrances, some work experience along with academic profiles. For instance, IIMs strictly have their predetermined sectional and overall cut offs.
- Fees structure: Splurging money for a degree which will not suffice you is not an option. Search rigorously and compare schools having moderate fee structures with efficient placement opportunities and program features. Remember, the tuition fees is only a 50-60% of the total expense, laptops, study materials, lodging, internships, all these will be additional.
- Placements: There is no justification of seeking admission in a B-school which has a poor placement history. Check out the recruiters, class profiles of previous years, program which achieves highest placement. For instance, an average salary offered during placements of IIM Ahmadabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, and IIM Lucknow, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR is Rs. 20+ LPA and in INSEAD it is $ 109,800.
- Ranking and Reputation: The main motive behind pursuing a management degree from the top colleges is they head the rankings. In Asia, there are numerous rankings and accreditation published, but the most authentic ones are:
- NIRF Ranking by HRD Ministry, Government of India
- QS Ranking
- Times Higher Education Ranking
- The Week Ranking of B-Schools
- Outlook B-School rankings
All these rankings are authentication of the B-school’s standards like their curriculum which should be designed according to the global standards and the industry requirements, pedagogy, developed manner of research and faculty.
- Faculty and research: A management degree will only be fruitful when the knowledge is discerned from faculties who are scholarly and follows an efficient method of teaching. Check the websites of the universities you’re longing to study at as they’ve the details of their faculties demonstrated by displaying their key achievements. Four key points that the candidate must notice are:
- Academic excellence
- Research area and publications
- Industry commitment
Apart from these, alumni base, specifications of courses, location are other necessary details to look for.
Top MBA Colleges in Asia
Coming to the main part, underneath you will find the list of the top MBA colleges in Asia which have marked their excellence over the years.
- INSEAD, Singapore: Everyone saw this topping the list, INSEAD with its branches in France, Middle-East, and also in San Francisco has scored the most in thought leadership, then employability and thirdly on their return on investment (ROI).
- Course duration: 10 months MBA
- Fees: € 87,000 – 89,000
- Rankings: Global: 6th; Asia: 1st
- Eligibility: GMAT/GRE;
- GMAT cut off: 708
- Placement record: 92% placed in 300+ companies
- NUS Business School, Singapore: NUS business school, founded in 2002 separately has been a part of the oldest and the greatest National University of Singapore offering MBA for more than 40 years. The criteria of NUS speaks for itself with a 2nd rank in diversity, 5th in thought leadership, 3rd for employability, 4th for return on investment, and 13th for entrepreneurship.
- Course duration: 17 months MBA
- Ranking: Global: 40, Asia: 4
- Fees: SGD 65,000
- Eligibility: GMAT/GRE; 2 year’s work experience
- GMAT Cut off: 669
- Placement record: 94% placed
- Faculty of Business and Economics, University of Hong Kong: The University of Hong Kong has ranked 1st for its ROI, opportunities, 4th for its thought leadership, 7th for entrepreneurship, 8th for employability, and 10th for diversity.
- Course duration: 14 months
- Ranking: Global: 33, Asia: 3
- Eligibility: GMAT/GRE; 2 years work experience
- GMAT cut off: 710
- Fees: HK$ 588,000
- Placement: Proper placement with career development and training partners
- IIM Ahmadabad: One of the most famous in the world and in Asia too, IIMA is renowned for its top-class faculty and research work.
- Course duration: 12 months
- Ranking: Global: 48; Asia: 5
- Eligibility: GMAT
- GMAT cut off: 702
- Fees: US$25000 per year
- Placement: Both summer placements and final placements along with encouragement for entrepreneurship.
- Nanyang Business School, NTU, Singapore: Nanyang Business school is well known for its academic excellence and industry exposure.
- Course duration: 12 months
- Ranking: Global: 52; Asia: 6
- Eligibility: GRE/GMAT; 2 year’s work experience
- GMAT cut off: 660
- Fees: S$62,000.
- Placement: Amazing career development section