XAT 2020 Selection Procedure, Dates and Stages
XAT Selection Procedure will commence after the declaration of results.
- The exam will be conducted on January 5 (tentatively) in a single session.
- As per the analysis, the difficulty level of XAT 2019 was similar to that of XAT 2018 paper. Check XAT Paper Analysis
- XAT score is the mandatory requirement in the XLRI selection process for its highly ranked PGDM program. Check XAT Score Vs Percentile
There are 6 Stages of XLRI-XAT 2020 Selection Procedure viz.
- Stage 1: XAT 2020 Registration and applying to various management institutes by December, 2020 (Tentatively).
- Stage 2: Appearing for XAT 2020 on January 5, 2020(tentative).
- Stage 3: Declaration of XAT Results
- Stage 4: Shortlisting for next phase of XLRI XAT selection process based on XAT score. Check XAT Cutoff
- Stage 5: Final Admission Process & Final admission offer after selection procedure of XAT.
Appearing for XAT (GMAT
for foreign candidates) is the first step towards the admission process. Candidates clearing XAT Cutoff can then proceed to the subsequent selection rounds- Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Each XAT College follows its different selection procedure. For candidates making to the final merit list of XLRI, it is important to familiarize themselves with XAT Selection Procedure 2020 that is given below. Selected candidates will appear for XAT Counselling 2020. It will expectedly commence from February and conclude in April 2020. Read on to know more about XAT selection process.
XAT Cutoff 2020 for XLRI
XLRI will call candidates for GD-PI on the basis of their XAT Cutoff 2019. The minimum percentiles required in order to be considered for an XLRI call in the year 2014 is given below:
|Overall||> 88||> 94||> 90|
|Quantitative Aptitude||> 85||> 90||> 90|
|Verbal Ability||> 85||> 80||> 80|
|Decision Making||> 80||> 80||> 80|
Process of Shortlisting Candidates
- Each participating management college will have its own XAT cutoff. Those who score marks above the set cutoff will be shortlisted for XAT selection process.
- Qualifying and eligible applicants will then have to apply separately to the institutes.
- Based on candidate’s eligibility, marks/percentile score obtained in XAT 2020, academic history and work profile, they will be shortlisted for the XAT selection procedure.
- The selection procedure holds the following process, Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Written Ability Test. Not all the participating institutes have these 3 selection criteria.
Read XAT 2020- Gateway to MBA from XIMB
XAT Selection Procedure 2019 for XLRI
Before taking part in XAT selection procedure, candidates have to apply for XAT 2020. Candidates may apply for more than one program. Those who apply for multiple programs may be called for multiple interviews and group discussions.
ReadXLRI Jamshedpur Admission Criteria & Cut off
Stage 1: Registration for XAT 2019
- In this stage candidates have to apply for the exam and XLRI.
- Candidates have to apply separately for SPJIMR, IMT, XIMB and others.
Stage 2: Appear for XAT 2019
- Candidates have to take XAT 2020 scheduled for January 5, 2020 (tentative) in online mode.
- Check your test center and reporting time.
- Carry your admit card along with a valid Photo ID.
- On the basis of their performance in XAT 2020, candidates will be shortlisted for pre-admission rounds..
- It comprises of Personal Interview (PI) and/or Group Discussion (depends on the course).
Stage 3: Check your XAT Results
- Results for XAT 2020 will be available at the official portal.
- They will be released in the form of scorecard at xatonline.in.
- Enter the required credentials to access the same.
- XAT score card contains – Overall raw score, sectional raw score, overall percentile score and sectional percentile score.
- Selection procedure will depend upon your XAT 2020 percentile score and position in XLRI merit list of shortlisted candidates.
- You also need to submit your XAT 2020 exam score to the other B-schools, where you have already applied or plan to apply now. CheckXAT Colleges with Fee
Stage 4: Personal Interview and Group Discussion
The Personal Interviews and/or Group Discussion for candidates through XAT will be conducted between mid-February and March 2020 in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai and Jamshedpur only.
- In Group Discussions, candidates are divided into a group of 8-10 participants. Group is given a topic to discuss among themselves for 15-25 minute. In Group Discussion, the committee normally checks for leadership qualities, confidence, content and delivery, awareness on relevant current issues etc.
- GD is held only for candidates who have applied for PGDM in HRM, GMBA, and regular PGDM course.
Read XAT 2019 Group Discussion & Interview Preparation Tips
- It is designed to assess aspirants’ confidence, thought clarity, interpersonal and soft skills and to analyse other details mentioned in his/her resume.
- For overseas candidates of General Management Programme, Interviews can be conducted over G-talk/Skype in online mode via the Internet. Such candidates will have to get in touch with the admissions office for scheduling the interview online after XAT 2020 Result.
Stage 5: Final Selection
XLRI evaluates the overall performance of candidates and prepares the final list of the selected candidates. These candidates are offered seats in the management programmes for which they have applied in the Xavier Labour Research Institute(XLRI) – Xavier School of Management. In addition to XAT and GDPI performance, XLRI may factor in academic ability and the relevant work experience, extra-curricular activities etc. while preparing the final list.
Preparation of XAT Merit List
A candidate is selected on the basis of his/her rank in XAT Merit List. This list is uploaded on XAT Official Website. The list is made based on the following parameters:
|Written Entrance Exam (Part A)||65%|
|Essay Writing & GK||10%|
|Academic Profile and Work experience||5%|
Courses at XLRI
Xavier School of Management offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management in 4 specializations:
- Business Management (BM)
- General Management (GM)
- Human Resource Management (HRM) and
- Global MBA (GMBA)
XLRI also offers a three-year Part-time Weekend Program in Business Management for Working Executives and Business Owners. All selected candidates will proceed towards XAT Counselling.
We hope all deserving candidates get a seat in this esteemed institute. In case of any query, ask in the comments below.
XAT Selection Process FAQs
Ques: Does XLRI follow any reservation policy for seat allocation?
Ques: What is the expected XAT 2020 cut off for HRM course?
Ans: Expected cut off for HRM is 88.
Ques: What steps does the selection process include?
Ans: Selection process of XAT 2020 include: XAT exam, Shortlisting of candidates, Personal interview and/or Group discussion.
Ques: What is the expected XAT 2019 cut off for BM course?
Ans: XAT 2020 expected cut off for BM course is 94.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College