The top MBA colleges in Karnataka include premier institutions like IIM Bangalore, T.A Pai Management Institute and many other top public MBA colleges. Management has always been one of the most lucrative professions in India.
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is definitely the crown of the state of Karnataka. It is currently the best MBA college in the entire country, as it is ranked first by NIRF National ranking survey.
- Among the deemed universities offering MBA courses in the state of Karnataka, Christ University, Alliance University and Manipal University are the top MBA institutions in the state of Karnataka.
- Among the private MBA colleges, T. A. Pai Management Institute, Acharya Institute of Management and Science and The Oxford College of Engineering are some of the top rated colleges in the state of Karnataka.
- About 21 MBA colleges in Karnataka provide MBA courses through distance learning mode.
|Top MBA Colleges in Bangalore||Top MBA Colleges in Hubli|
Top MBA colleges in Karnataka: Rankings
Many renowned ranking agencies in India conduct ranking surveys every year to rank the top MBA colleges in India. The rankings are based on various parameters that differ from agency to agency. Here we have provided the rankings of top MBA colleges in Karnataka by some of the most renowned ranking agencies.
Top MBA colleges in Karnataka: NIRF Ranking
National Institutional Ranking Framework, also known as NIRF is the most renowned ranking survey in the nation conducted by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. Here we have provided the top MBA colleges in Karnataka by NIRF.
|College Name||NIRF 2019 All India Rank||NIRF 2018 All India Rank||Change||Annual Fees|
|IIM Bangalore||1||2||+1||INR 10,90,500|
|T. A. Pai Management Institute||33||76-100||-||INR 7,00,000|
|Alliance University||42||Not Participated||-||INR 6,75,000|
- IIM Bangalore climbed to the topmost position of the NIRF ranking list this year, hence becoming the BEST MBA college in India by dethroning IIM Ahmedabad. IIM Bangalore had previously held the second position in NIRF rankings.
- T. A. Pai Management Institute and Alliance University were the other top MBA colleges in Karnataka ranked by NIRF. Both of the colleges were not ranked by NIRF in the previous year.
Top MBA colleges in Karnataka: Times B-School Ranking
Times B-School ranking surveys are known to be one of the most accurate ranking surveys when it comes to MBA college rankings. These surveys are based on the various parameters including Selection Process, Learning Experience, Faculty, Infrastructure and living experience, Fee structure.
Here we have provided top MBA colleges in Karnataka according to Times B-School survey 2019:
|College Name||All India Rank 2020||All India Rank 2019||Change||Annual Fees|
|Alliance School of Business||Not Participated||19||-||INR 6,75,000|
|PES University||26||27||+1||INR 4,50,000|
|Presidency University School of management||36||38||+2||INR 3,00,000|
|AIMS Institute Bangalore||59||47||-12||INR 4,50,000|
|Acharya B-School||48||54||+6||INR 4,05,000|
|Dayanand Sagar College of Management & Info Technology||Not Participated||80||-||INR 63,750|
|Karnataka Law Society's Institute Of Management Educational And Research||82||82||0||INR 2,10,000|
|Institute of Business Management and Research||77||97||+20||INR 1,54,390|
|The Oxford College of Engineering||96||100||+4||INR 70,000|
- Of the 12 MBA colleges from Karnataka ranked by Times B-School survey, Alliance School of Business holds the top position in the list. The B-School holds 19th rank all over India.
- Of all the 12 colleges, only 2 were out of Bengaluru city, rest 10 were all from Bengaluru. Those two colleges are Karnataka Law Society’s Institute Of Management Educational And Research, Belagavi, and Institute of Business Management and Research, Hubli.
- Some of the top MBA colleges from Bengaluru which were ranked by Times B School are Presidency University School of Management, Bengaluru, International School of Management Excellence, Bengaluru, Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS), Bengaluru.
Top MBA colleges in Karnataka: India Today Ranking
India Today magazine conducts annual surveys every year to rank the top educational institutes in India in various domains such as B.Tech, MBA, etc. These surveys are based on various parameters like Learning Experience, Living Experience, Placement Performance, Selection process, and Future Orientation.
The following table provides the data for top MBA colleges in Karnataka by India Today amongst the top 100 MBA colleges in the country.
|College Name||2019 All India Rank||2018 All India Rank||Change||Annual Fees|
|T. A Pai Management Institute, Manipal||19||19||0||INR 7,00,000|
|Institute of Management, Christ University||52||57||+5||INR 3,79,000|
|AIMS School of Business||67||52||-15||INR 4,50,000|
|Manipal Institute of Management||97||92||-5||INR 3,19,000|
- 8 colleges were ranked amongst top 100, of which, 6 are from Bengaluru and 2 from Manipal.
- T. A Pai Management Institute, Manipal holds the top rank in this list. It got 19th rank all over India. It has maintained its last year rank this year too.
- AIMS School of Business shows the biggest drop, dropping 15 positions from 52 to 67.
Top MBA colleges in Karnataka: ROI (Return on Investment)
ROI, actually known as Return on Investment, is one of the most important parameters one has to look at before selecting any college. Especially because for expensive degrees like MBA, almost all the colleges, including government colleges, demand very high fees. In such a scenario, ROI gives you an idea of which college will give you better value for money. It is the ratio between the average placement package and average annual fees.
The following table provides a comparative analysis of some of the top MBA colleges in Karnataka on the basis of ROI (excluding IIM Bangalore) :
|College Name||Average Placement Package||Average Annual Fees||ROI Rank|
|Christ University||INR 6,85,000||INR 3,79,000||1|
|TAPMI||INR 11,06,000||INR 7,00,000||2|
|CMS Business School||INR 7,50,000||INR 4,95,000||3|
|Alliance University||INR 10,14,000||INR 6,75,000||4|
|SIBM Bangalore||INR 9,79,000||INR 8,20,000||5|
|AIMS Bangalore||INR 4,92,000||INR 4,50,000||6|
- Christ University is the best MBA college in Karnataka on the basis of ROI. Though all the colleges are expensive, its fee is comparatively lower than the other colleges, but it provides a good placement package.
- T.A Pai Management Institute is the second-best B-school in Karnataka with an ROI percentage of 158%.
- AIMS Bangalore ranks in the bottom among the top MBA colleges in Karnataka in terms of ROI.
- SIBM Bangalore provides a good placement package but it is a very expensive college.
Top MBA colleges in Karnataka: Admission Process
There are 368 MBA Colleges in Karnataka including the best IIM of India i.e. IIM Bangalore. The admission process is mostly through entrance exams.
- IIM Bangalore follows a centralized counseling process on the basis of CAT Score for admission to MBA courses.
- Most of the private colleges also follow various entrance exams like CAT, MAT, etc.
- However, some colleges also have their own entrance test, while some others follow spot examination process followed by counseling.
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
IIM Bangalore is currently the top-ranked MBA college in India on the basis of NIRF rankings. It was given the top rank in 2016 too, while it was ranked second for consecutive two years in 2017 and 2018.
- It provides three types of MBA courses on the basis of time span: 2 Years Full-Time Course, 1 Year Full-Time courses, 2 Year weekend run courses.
- It provides MBA courses on various specializations like Decision Sciences, Economics and Social Sciences, Entrepreneurship, Finance and Accounting, Information Systems, Marketing, Organizational Behavior, and Human Resource Development, Production and Operations Management, Public Policy, Strategy.
- Admission to IIM Bangalore is done through CAT Entrance Exam, which is conducted every year for admission to various IIMs in India.
- Placement records of the B-school have always been phenomenal. The institution has always achieved above 90% placement, most of the time it goes up to 100% placement.
The following table shows the data for the average placement package for various PG(MBA) courses of the institution:
|Academic Year||No. Of students placed||No. Of offers made||Average CTC||Median CTC|
|PGP 2017-19||411||488||INR 24.54 LPA||INR 23 LPA|
|EPGP 2018-19||64||64||INR 26.28 LPA||INR 25 LPA|
|PGPPM 2018-19||12||14||INR 19.64||NA|
The following graph shows the sector-wise placement of PGP program at IIM Bangalore
Source: Official Website
Some of the top recruiters of IIM Bangalore are mentioned below:
|ICICI Bank||Infosys Consulting||Axis Bank|
|Amazon||Accenture Tech Strategy||HDFC Bank|
Alliance School of Business, Alliance University
Alliance School of Business is the MBA Centre of Alliance University. It was ranked 42nd among the top management colleges in India by NIRF in 2019. It was ranked 19th all over India by Times B-School survey under management institute category, and 3rd all over India under Private University category.
- The university provides an MBA degree with the following specializations: Marketing, Finance, Organizational leadership and strategy, Operations, Retail, Banking and Financial Services, Hospitality, Entrepreneurship, and family business, International Business, and Communications.
- For Admission, Alliance School of Business conducts its own admission test, Alliance Management Aptitude Test (AMAT). But it also accepts the scores from entrance exams like GMAT/MAT/CAT/NMAT/XAT/CMAT etc. The candidate will have to appear in any one of the following entrance exams to apply for admission. The eligibility criterion for application is a minimum of 50% in graduation.
The following table shows the percentage of students placed in different sectors for MBA courses in the current academic year.
Source: Official Website
The top recruiters of Alliance School of Business Bangalore are tabulated below:
|Amazon||Axis Bank||HDFC Bank|
|Paytm Payments Bank||Allegis Global Solutions||Goldman Sachs|
Christ University is a private deemed university in Bengaluru, Karnataka. It is one of those MBA colleges in Karnataka which has a very good ROI Score. It is a NAAC accredited institute with an ‘A’ grade.
- The institute provides MBA courses on specializations like Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Business Analytics, Lean Operations, and systems.
- It also provides MBA + MS degrees in association with Virginia Commonwealth University, USA.
- Admission to Christ University in MBA courses is done on the basis of entrance exam scores, followed by an admission test. The candidate scoring the prescribed cutoff will have to fill up the application form available on the university website.
- During the recent MBA campus placements, the total number of companies visiting the college was 142. The highest package offered was INR 13 LPA, while the average CTC was 6.85 LPA.
- Some of the top companies recruiting from the college were ABRL, HCL, Accenture, Oracle, HDFC, OYO Rooms, Himalaya Drugs, HUL, HP, Bajaj Finserv, IBM, etc.
The following graph shows the total number of students present in its MBA program:
Source: Official Website
|Top MBA Colleges in Chennai||Top MBA Colleges in Telangana|
|Top MBA Colleges in Delhi NCR||Top MBA Colleges in Maharashtra|
Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka: Entrance exam wise
The top MBA colleges in Karnataka take admission on the basis of entrance exam scores. the most common entrance exams for admission to MBA courses, which are taken on all India basis are PGCET, CAT, MAT, CMAT, and GMAT. Apart from these, there are some institution-specific entrance exams too like AMAT (Alliance Management Aptitude test for Alliance University), XAT (Xavier Aptitude test), etc.
Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka: Accepting PGCET
Karnataka PGCET is a state-level entrance exam conducted for admission in courses like MBA, MCA, M.Arch in Karnataka colleges. The conducting body of this exam is the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The exam is scheduled to take place in the month of July in an offline mode. More than 200 public and private colleges in Karnataka participate in this exam.
Some of the top MBA colleges in Karnataka offering admission under PGCET are mentioned below:
- ISBR Business School
- AIMS Institute
- International School of Management Excellence
- Acharya Institute of Technology (AIT Bangalore)
- Indus Business Academy
Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka: Through CAT
CAT or Common Admission Test is the premier entrance exam accepted all over India for admission in management courses. Over 600 institutes participated in the exam and are conducted on a routine basis by the IIMs. One out of ten students scores above 90 percentile in CAT.
Some of the top MBA colleges in Karnataka accepting CAT score are mentioned below:
- IIM Bangalore
- Christ University
- T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI)
- ISBR Business School
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship
- Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka through MAT
- Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka accepting KMAT
- Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka under CMAT
- Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka through ATMA
Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka: Placement wise
Placements are the most important criteria to look at when it comes to selecting any college. The placements for MBA have always been known for high-paying jobs, but all the colleges cannot provide such high salary jobs as expected from them.
- IIM Bangalore is the best management college in Karnataka offering an average salary of INR 24.5 LPA and a median salary of INR 23 LPA.
- T.A. Pai Management Institute also ranks among the top management colleges with an average salary of INR 11.06 LPA.
- Some of the top recruiters include names like Amazon, Goldman Sachs, HDFC Bank, Paytm, ICICI Bank, Accenture, Genpact, among many others.
The following graph shows the comparison of the placement scenario of the top MBA Colleges in Karnataka in graphical form
Source: Official Websites
The specialization one chooses to pursue MBA matters a lot when it comes to placement. Check the links given below for more information:
- Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka for HR
- Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka for Finance
- Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka for Marketing
- Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka for Operations Management
Top MBA Colleges in Karnataka: FAQs
Ques. Which sector has the maximum recruitment percentage for MBA students from IIM Bangalore?
Ans. A bulk majority of the students from IIM Bangalore are recruited in the Management Consulting sector, which comprises 35% of total recruitments.
Ques. Which degree from Alliance University is better? MBA or PGDM?
Ans. MBA is a master's degree while PGDM is a Diploma degree, both are different, however, they do provide similar job opportunities. Alliance University provides both the degrees with good placements for both, it depends on you whether you need a master or a diploma.
Ques. Which is the top government MBA college in Karnataka?
Ans. IIM Bangalore is undoubtedly the top government MBA college in Karnataka.
Ques. Which are some good Private Universities in Bangalore providing MBA degrees?
Ans. Alliance University and Christ University are the top Private Deemed universities in Bangalore providing MBA degree,
Ques. Do freshers get placed in campus placement after an MBA from Christ University?
Ans. Though it depends, more often than not, they are placed during campus placements.