MBBS Admission 2021 for several colleges would commence from June 2021. In order to get admission in MBBS course in India the candidates must appear for the NEET entrance exam. The NEET entrance exam would be conducted on August 1, 2021, by the National Testing Agency.
The NTA is expected to start the registration process from the third week of April, 2021. The tentative final date for the submission of the form will be Third week of May, 2021.
Candidates are required to follow the minute facts regarding the admission to the MBBS course in India. Apart from the MBBS entrance exam syllabus the candidates must be well vested with the cutoff score and application deadline dates of the Top Medical colleges in India.
Top MBBS Colleges: Application Deadline
|College||Exam Accepted||Application Dates (Tentative)|
|AIIMS, New Delhi||NEET 2021||June 2021|
|PGIMER, Chandigarh||NEET 2021||June 2021|
|CMC, Vellore||NEET 2021||April 30, 2021- June 15, 2021|
|NIMHANS, Bangalore||NEET 2021||June 2021|
|SGPGIMS, Lucknow||NEET 2021||June 2021|
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi||NEET 2021||June 2021|
|Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Kerala||NEET 2021||June 2021|
|JIPMER, Puducherry||NEET 2021||June 2021|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||NEET 2021||June 2021|
|King George’s Medical University||NEET 2021||June 2021|
MBBS Admission Quick Facts
- Every year over 15 lakhs candidates appear for the NEET exam. Generally 50% of the candidates are able to crack the entrance exam.
- India currently has a total of 562 Medical colleges and the total number of MBBS seats is 84, 649.
- Candidates must secure a minimum of 50% (40% for reserved category students) of marks from any recognized board with Chemistry, Physics, and Botany/Zoology as compulsory subjects in their class 12th examination.
- Minimum age limit for NEET 2021 is 17 years old.
- The admission process includes a counselling session after the announcement of results.
- NEET 2021 Syllabus will comprise topics of Biology, Chemistry and Physics, from class 11th and 12th.
MBBS Admission 2021: Entrance Exam Schedule
The tentative schedule for the MBBS Admission 2021 is mentioned below:-
|NEET 2021 Exam Date (Out)||August 1, 2021|
|Release of NEET application form 2021||3rd week of April 2021|
|Last date for submission of NEET application form 2021||3rd week of May 2021|
|Last date for fee payment||3rd week of May 2021|
|Correction window availability||4th week of May 2021|
MBBS Admission 2021: National Level Entrance Exam
MBBS course is offered in all the colleges based on the scores obtained by the students in the NEET examination. The exam is conducted in the offline mode. The details of the examination are as follows:-
NEET is conducted by the National Testing Agency for the students who wish to pursue the MBBS course. The exam is conducted in the offline mode i.e pen and paper based mode.
- Candidates must complete their 10+2 examination by securing a minimum 50% of marks from any recognized board.
- Candidates must have studied Chemistry, Physics, and Botany/Zoology as compulsory subjects in class 12th.
- Reserved category students are provided 10% relaxation (40% in class 12th).
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for this exam.
Check: NEET preparation Tips
- Registration: Third Week of April (Tentative)
- Exam- August 1, 2021
- Result- September, 2021 (Tentative)
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
|Total No. of Questions||180|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for a correct Answer -1 for an incorrect Answer|
|Section-wise Questions||Physics-45 Chemistry-45 Biology-90|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Language||11 Languages (Hindi, English, Bengali, Urdu, Oriya, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Kannada, Assamese and Gujarati|
MBBS Admission 2021: NEET Syllabus
NEET 2021 Syllabus will not change for the year 2021. The syllabus comprises topics from class 11th and class 12th syllabus. For 2021, there might be changes that the syllabus will be reduced.
|Physics Syllabus||Chemistry Syllabus||Biology Syllabus|
|Physical world and measurement||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Diversity in Living World|
|Kinematics||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants|
|Work, Energy and Power||Thermodynamics||Cell Structure and Function|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Equilibrium||Plant Physiology|
|Gravitation||Coordination Compounds||Genetics and Evolution|
|Thermodynamics||Organic Chemistry: Basic Principles & Techniques||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Atoms and Nuclei||P, d, f, s-block elements||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|Optics||Environmental Chemistry||Ecology and environment|
|Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||Isolation of Elements||Human physiology|
MBBS Admission 2021: List of Top Colleges
In India, many top colleges offer an MBBS course. The names of the few top MBBS colleges in India are as follows:-
|College||Mode of Admission||Exam/ Registration Date|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||June 2021|
|Maulana Azad Medical College||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||June 2021|
|Christian Medical College||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||June 2021|
|Banaras Hindu University||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||June 2021|
|Amrita School of Medicine||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||June 2021|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||June 2021|
|Kasturba Medical College||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||June 2021|
|King George's Medical University||NEET Cut Off and Counselling||June 2021|
MBBS Admission 2021: How to Apply?
A student has to clear the NEET Cut Off to pursue the MBBS course. The admission process is based on the scores obtained by the student in the NEET exam. The processes to apply for the MBBS course is as follows:-
- Candidates have to complete the registration process online by logging in to the official website by entering a valid email id, phone number, and date of birth.
- Once the registration is complete upload all the necessary documents required to fill the application form.
- Pay the registration fees.
- After successfully paying the application fees, you will see a confirmation page. For future references, take a print out this page.
- Few days before the NEET exam, the admit cards will be released for all the eligible students. Candidates have to download the admit card from the portal.
- NEET examination will be conducted on the same date mentioned in the admit card.
- Based on the scores obtained in the NEET examination, students will be called for the counseling process.
Admission for MBBS: A Step-wise Guide
Let’s discuss below some of the important points that will help you to pursue admission in the MBBS course:-
- All the students must get a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks in their 10+2 examination.
- Start your preparation for the NEET examination well in advance.
- Work hard in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as it forms the major section of the NEET examination.
- Based on the scores of NEET examinations, shortlisted candidates are called for the counseling process.
- Accept the allotted college as per your score and pay the fees.
MBBS Admission 2021: Tips to Crack the Exam
To crack the NEET examination is not so easy. You must start preparing for the NEET examination one/two years before the examination will be scheduled. Below are some important preparation tips to crack the admission to pursue MBBS course:-
- Follow a timetable: Prepare a timetable and try to follow that timetable till you appear for the NEET examination.
- Cover all the basics of each subject: To know the basics of each subject is very much important. Especially the basics of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology papers. As questions are asked mainly from these subjects.
- Study Material: Gather the correct study material, books, sample paper, question papers and notes.
- Do regular practice: Cover all the syllabus and do regular practice. Try to collect previous years ‘question papers and find out the most repeated questions. The probabilities of asking the important questions are high which repeats every year.
- Appear in Mock Test: Try to appear more on mock tests. NEET Mock tests will clear all your confusions regarding the examination and you will learn time management during the NEET examination.
- Notes: Make handy notes while preparing for the exam. The notes will be very helpful for revision.
- Solve Previous Year Question Paper: Solve the previous year NEET Question papers and sample papers to have a clear understanding of exam pattern and type of questions asked in the exam.
To get the Latest News & Updates about NEET 2021, Join Our Telegram Group.
MBBS Admission 2021: FAQs
Ques. What is the duration of the MBBS course?
Ques. What is the minimum percentage required for pursuing an MBBS course in 10+2 final examination?
Ques. What are the entrance exams, conducted for pursuing an MBBS course?
Ques. What is the average course fee for an MBBS course?
Ques. Is MBBS Course can be pursued in distance education?
Ques. What are the basic eligibility for MBBS Admission?
Ques. Is this a Certificate course?
Ques. Can I get jobs in the reputed hospital once completing this MBBS course?
Ques. Is there any good college for pursuing an MBBS course in New Delhi?
Ques. Can I pursue this course after completing my B.Sc?