Institute for Financial Management & Research (IFMR), Chennai has released its Admission Criteria for the batch 2019-21. Applicants with a valid CAT Score can apply from December 1-December 18, 2018 at its official website.
- Indian Nationals and NRIs are eligible for admission.
- Applicant must have either written GRE/GMAT (on /after January 1, 2016) or CAT 2018 or XAT 2019/ CMAT 2019 to apply.
- The minimum CAT Cut off is 80 to apply for MBA at IFMR. There is no sectional cutoff. For the academic year 2018, CAT is scheduled for November 25, 2018.
- The Early Decision Round is dedicated to those applicants who are currently employed and have work experience of 12 months to 36 months.
- The shortlist for the Early Decision Round will be announced by January 8, 2019.
- The selection process at IFMR consists of Written Ability Test (WAT) followed by the personal interview (PI).
IFMR Admission Dates 2018 (Expected)
Given below are the important dates for IFMR, Chennai Application Form dates candidates can check:
|Stage of the Process||Early Decision Round||General Round|
|Application Deadline||December 18, 2018||February 5, 2019|
|Release of Shortlist (for Selection Process)||January 8, 2019||February 19, 2019|
|Selection Process Starts||January 27, 2019||March 3, 2019|
|Selection Process Ends||February 11, 2019||March 25, 2019|
|Announcement of First Merit List|| February 26, 2019||April 9, 2019|
|Announcement of First Wait List||February 28, 2019||April 11, 2019|
|Program Starts on||June 1, 2019||-|
IFMR Eligibility Criteria 2018
- Graduates from a full time or part time degree course, but NOT correspondence/ distance mode/ online mode in any discipline with consistent academic record; Candidates pursuing final year degree can also apply.
- Applicants should have been born on/after 1st January 1991 and on/before 31st December 1999.
- Work experience is NOT mandatory, but those with work experience should have less than or equal to 3 years of experience as of 1st December 2018.
- Applicants are required to take /have taken any of the following standardized entrance exams – CAT 2018 / XAT 2019/ CMAT 2019/ GMAT & GRE (taken on / after 1st January 2016).
- Cut off for all the entrance exams will not be same, thus, performance in all the entrance exams you have taken will be evaluated against the respective cut off and only your best performance will be considered.
- The admission committee will consider the applicant’s past academic performance, and performance in Personal Interview.
- The admissions committee will be short listing applicants for the selection process, taking into consideration, the applicant’s past academic performance, entrance test scores, and a passion for excellence demonstrated even in non-academic endeavor such as, but not limited to, sports (represented country, state or district/ University/ College/ School), Debate, Drama, Moot Court, NCC (but not NSS) volunteering, activism etc.(of a corresponding level);
- Those with track record in these areas would get a relaxation with regard to cut off scores, provided they are otherwise eligible, and capable;
- However, there is no exemption from the requirement of a valid score in, at least one of CAT/XAT/CMAT/ GRE/GMAT regardless of any achievements.
Check CAT Eligibility
How to Apply at IFMR through CAT?
Candidates can fill IFMR Application Form at the official website of IFMR. The last date to fill the Application Form is December 18, 2018. Given below are the steps to fill Application Form:
- Visit the website of Institute for Financial Management & Research - http://ifmr.cname5.formsdotstar.com/
- Click on ‘Registered User’
- Register yourself using your username, password and email ID
- Login to fill Application Form
- Fill your personal and academic details
- Make payment of the application fee
- Print the confirmation page for future purposes received on registered email ID.
IFMR Application Fee
Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can apply to IFMR only online at forms.ifmr.ac.in which upon completion would require you to make a payment of INR 1500/- through Debit Card / Credit Card / Internet Banking.
Read about CAT Registration
IFMR CAT Cut Off 2018
The first step of short listing candidates is on the basis of CAT/XAT/CMAT Result. All candidates securing the minimum cutoff marks will be called for further selection rounds. The expected CAT/XAT/CMAT Cutoff for IFMR is given below:
|Entrance Exam||Expected cut off|
|GRE||Quant 160 in new scale, Verbal 153 in new scale|
|GMAT||Quant 49 on Scale of 60; Verbal 30 on Scale of 60|
Check CAT Cutoff 2018
The cut off list depends on various factors candidates can check:
- Number of candidates appearing for the test
- Marks scored by candidates
- Average marks scored by the candidates
- Difficulty Level of the question paper
- Availability of Seats in courses
IFMR Selection Criteria 2018
Once an applicant is short listed for the WAT/PI process, his performance therein becomes the key factor. The applicant is evaluated for consistency against the factors that helped him/her get short listed.