IIM Sambalpur CAT Cut Off 2020 for General category candidates is 90 percentile. Whereas, if candidates belong to the reserved category, the cut off ranges from 40 to 75 depending on the category. IIM The average CTC offered to the students of IIM Sambalpur is INR 11.6 LPA, whereas the highest CTC offered by the institute is INR 19 LPA. Check IIM Sambalpur Placements.
- IIM Sambalpur has commenced CAT CAP, and the last date for CAP registration was Jan 23.
- IIM Sambalpur Selection Procedure consists of the score secured in CAT along with the performance in Personal Interview.
- The MBA programme at IIM Sambalpur has an intake of 140 students.
IIM Sambalpur Admission Date
IIM Sambalpur Admission criteria activity
Admission 2021 Application Starts
August 5, 2020 (10 AM)
Shortlist Announcement (PI-WAT)
Final selection round starts (PI-WAT)
Deadline to submit Confirmation of Interest online
Final Admission Offer
Commencement of Session
IIM Sambalpur Cutoff 2020
The total percentile CAT 2020 cut off needed to become eligible for WAT/PI round is mentioned below:
CAT Sectional Cutoff for IIM Sambalpur
|Category||Quantitative Aptitude Percentile||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Percentile||Verbal and Reading Comprehension||Overall percentile|
Important points about IIM Sambalpur
- Established in 2015, IIM Sambalpur is located in Sambalpur.
- The programs offered at the institute include:
- Post Graduate Programme (PGP)
- PGPx (Post Graduate Programme for Working Executives)
|Scholarships Offered Through CAT||Management Colleges With Low Fees Structure||Top Non-IIM Colleges Accepting Less than 90 Percentile|
IIM Sambalpur: Composite Score Parameters
The below-mentioned are the parameters and weight assigned based on which Composite Score will be prepared. The final selection of the candidates will be based on their overall score.
|Personal Appearance (WAT& PI)||20||20|
IIM Sambalpur Eligibility Criteria
All the important information related to the eligibility criteria are written below that will help the applicants to know more about their chances of getting admission:
- Nationality- For the admission procedure, only the Indian citizens are allowed.
- Educational qualification- To get admission in the institution, the candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or college in any discipline.
- Appearing applicants- The applicants studying in the final year of the qualifying exam in the current year are also allowed to apply for the admission procedure.
- Qualifying marks- The candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam in case they belong to the general category; however, for the candidates belonging to the reserved category can apply even with 45% marks in the qualifying exam as well.
- Age criteria- No age limit is fixed by the applicants planning to apply at the institute.
The admission process at IIM-Sambalpur includes:
The admission process of IIM-Sambalpur include
- CAT Examination
- Shortlisting candidates for Personal Appearance (PA) round
- The PA round include Written Analysis (WA) and Personal Interview (PI)
- The Final Selection List will be prepared according to the candidates’ CAT score, PA score, and profile score including professional work experience as well.
|What is the average package of IIM Sambalpur?||Which one should be chosen between XIMB and IIM Sambalpur?|
IIM Sambalpur Selection Process
All the important details are mentioned below about the selection process of the applicants for the admission procedure for the reference of the applicants:
- To appear for the admission procedure, the candidates are suggested to fill and submit the application form.
- After filling up the application form, the candidates must appear for the CAT 2020 entrance exam.
- The applicants who have scored higher marks in the CAT 2020 exam will be allowed to take admission in the institution.
- The selected candidates will be few applicants for the admission procedure based on their marks secured by the applicants in the CAT 2020 exam.
- In order to appear for the admission procedure, the candidates must have scored more than the cut off marks decided by the authority in the CAT 2020 exam.
- The final selection list will be prepared based on the candidates’ CAT score, PA score, and profile score including Work Experience (WE) score as assessed during the PA process, score for previous academic performance including other selection criteria.
The most essential step involved while getting admission at IIM Sambalpur is shortlisted the qualifying candidates for the last selection round. The candidates will be shortlisted based on the following parameters.
- CAT Score
- Personal Appearance
- Academic Components
- Work Experience Scoring
Must Read Articles
IIM Sambalpur Weightage of Different Parameters
The first stage of shortlisting criteria for the program offered at IIM Sambalpur is the CAT 2020 scores. 30% weightage will be given to the overall CAT score, 20% weightage will be given to personal appearance while the remaining 50% weightage will be given to the candidates’ profile.
Read: CAT Score vs Percentile
Under this section, the candidates’ marks of 10th, 12th and graduation will also be considered. The weightage for each level is mentioned below:
|Class 10th marks||2%|
|Class 12th marks||4%|
The detailed scoring for the academic profile is mentioned below:
|Range of marks||Class 10th||Class 12th||Graduation|
Work Experience Scoring
|Less than 6 or 6||0|
|60 or more||0|
- Exact months will be considered while preparing the scores.
- Also in case the candidates have worked full time and were paid will be considered under work experience.
- However, the candidates doing apprenticeship or internship, there work experience will not be considered while preparing the scores.
In the final selection stage of IIM Sambalpur 2020 admission criteria, the candidates will be evaluated according to their overall scores.
IIM Sambalpur Reservation Policy
As per the rules laid by the Government of India, the reservation for various categories will be applied in the following manner:
|Category||Reservation (in percentage)|
|OBC Non-Creamy Layer||27|
|Differently Abled Person||5|
IIM Sambalpur Final Selection round - Acceptance of Offer and Withdrawal
The final selected candidates need to accept the offer from IIM Sambalpur once they have received the offer. They must accept the offer within the mentioned time period only along with the acceptable amount worth INR 50,000. However, in case the candidate withdraws the offer within the mentioned time, they will get their money refunded with the deduction of the processing fee, which is INR 1000. But in case, the candidates ask for the withdrawal after the specified date, they are not liable to get any refund.
How to Apply at IIM Sambalpur?
The candidates planning to apply at IIM Sambalpur need to fill the application process online and offline by visiting the official website of the institute. To get admission to PGPM courses, the candidates need the fill the application of CAT 2020.
- Visit the official website
- Click on the admission form and download the same.
- Mention the required personal and academic details.
- Attach the supporting documents.
- Take a print out and send the application to
The Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur,
Jyoti Vihar, Burla, Sambalpur – 768019, Odisha
IIM Sambalpur Placement
Key Highlights for IIM Sambalpur 2018-2020 batch:
- Highest Salary Offered - INR 58 Lakhs (International Placement)
- Average Batch Salary - INR.9.33 Lakhs
- Average Salary for top 25%- INR15.32 Lakhs
- Average Salary for top 50%- INR. 12.04 Lakhs
- Total Batch Size - 60 students
IIM Sambalpur Sector Wise Placement
|Sales and Marketing||23.9|
|IT and Analytics||16.9|
IIM Sambalpur Top Companies
- Bajaj Allianz
- Aditya Birla Capital
- Deloitte India
- Ernst & Young
- HDFC Bank
- Ramco Systems
- Tech Mahindra
- Motilal Oswal,
IIM Sambalpur Admission 2021-23 FAQs
Ques. How much amount is to be paid at the time of confirming the admission? Is that amount refundable after the cancellation of admission?
Ans. The total amount to be paid at the time of confirming the admission is about INR 1,00,000. This amount will be balanced against payment of tuition fee in future. If someone, in any case, cancels his admission in the institute, only INR 1000 will be retained as per the guidelines of GOI.
Ques. How will I be notified if I am accepted at IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. Qualified candidates will be informed via mail which candidates must confirm by accepting the letter and depositing the stipulated fee.
Ques. What is the weightage given to work experience at IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. The Weightage given to the candidates’ work experience is 20%.
Ques. How is the placement at IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur ranking has been increased because of its placement records in every academic year. With almost a 50% increase in the batch size and a 104% increase in the total number of visiting companies on campus The key roles offered to the students were Consulting, Equity Research Analyst, Executive Assistant, Sales Manager, Management Trainee, Business Development Consultant.
Ques. Are candidates with a foreign nationality eligible?
Ans. No, as only Indian citizens are eligible for IIM Sambalpur.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.