IIM Visakhapatnam CAT Cut off was released by the institute for admission in the 2021-23 MBA batch. The qualifying CAT Cut off was 85 percentile for the GN category candidates. Based on the sectional and overall qualifying CAT Cut off candidates were shortlisted for the further admission rounds. IIM Visakhapatnam has released the final admission list (2021-23 MBA batch) on May 26, 2021 and the classes will start from June 28, 2021. Read More IIM Shortlist and Admission
For candidates belonging to various categories, the qualifying cut off range was 40 to 75 percentile. IIM Visakhapatnam Ranking is 28th by Outlook ICARE, among top 30 management colleges with an overall score of 67.14. IIM Visakhapatnam fees is INR ₹ 1,300,000 (total fee) for postgraduate programs. Check IIM Visakhapatnam Course and Fees.
CAT Latest Updates:
- May 15: IIM Udaipur & Raipur will release the final admission offers for 2021-23 MBA batch on May 21, 2021. Check Here
- May 13: IIM-A has released the final result MBA admission based on CAT for 2021-2023 session for around 395. Check Here
Read the article to know more about IIM Visakhapatnam CAT Cut off, selection process, and much more.
- IIM Kozhikode Cutoff and Admission Criteria Through CAT
- IIM Shillong Cutoff and Admission Criteria Through CAT
IIM Visakhapatnam Cut Off 2020
IIM Visakhapatnam Cut Off 2019
- IIM Visakhapatnam Cut off mentioned above in the table is for shortlisting the candidates for further rounds like PI, WAT, etc.
- Also, the actual CAT 2019 cut-offs of those candidates who are called for interviews could be much higher.
- Those candidates who have scored minimum cut off percentile in CAT section-wise and overall were considered for the subsequent rounds.
|Category||Section-1 VARC||Section-2 DILR||Section-3 QUANT||CAT 2019 Overall percentile|
IIM Visakhapatnam CAT Cut off 2018
|Category||VARC||DI & LR||QA||Overall Percentile|
IIM Visakhapatnam Admission Process
Candidates can go through the following steps to knowe about the IIM Visakhapatnam Admission process:
Step 1: Appear for CAT Exam
Candidates have to appear for CAT and score the minimum sectional and overall percentile in order to become eligible for first stage screening process for admission at IIM Visakhapatnam
Step 2: Shortlist for PI and WAT
- Candidates are short-listed for Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT) based on CAT score.
- Other factors involved in shortlisting of students are excellent academics, who have applied to the programme, who satisfy the eligibility criteria and candidates who reconfirm their interest in the admission process at IIM Visakhapatnam.
Step 3: Preparation of Shortlist
- Candidates with an excellent academic record and work experience will be shortlisted.
- If a candidate missed the score required in CAT alone but have a good score in the exam then such candidates will be preferred in the shortlisting process as against those who have only a high CAT score but have a poor academic profile and poor quality of work experience.
- IIM Visakhapatnam puts emphasis on consistent and high performance in academics and other parameters.
Step 4: Admission Offer
- Candidates who will clear WAT & PI round will get admission offers from IIM Visakhapatnam.
- The final selection is based on the merit list prepared by taking into consideration factors.
- The admission offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of May 2021 and the academic session as IIM Visakhapatnam begins in July 2021.
IIM Visakhapatnam Selection Criteria
IIM Visakhapatnam Selection Criteria is a 3 step process:
- Pre shortlisting criteria
- Shortlisting criteria for PI-WAT
- Final selection
IIM Visakhapatnam uses various parameters along with section-wise scores in CAT to shortlisting the candidates for admission in PGP.
Read: CAT Score vs Percentile
IIM Visakhapatnam Pre-Shortlisting Criteria
- All the eligible candidates who had appeared for CAT and also applied for IIM Visakhapatnam are considered in this round.
- The shortlist of candidates is created based on the minimum overall and section-wise CAT percentile decided by the authorities.
- After that shortlisted candidates are asked to reconfirm their interest for admission.
- IIM Visakhapatnam sends the e-mail to all candidates who have applied to IIM Visakhapatnam and also those who meet the minimum CAT 2020 percentile criteria.
- Further the E-mail has a link to a new web page where the candidates have to reconfirm their interest for admission to the PGP program offered at IIM Visakhapatnam.
IIM Visakhapatnam Shortlisting Criteria for PI-WAT Round
- As mentioned above that candidates have to reconfirm their interest for admission. Only those candidates who will reconfirm the same are considered in Phase 2 of Shortlisting for PI-WAT round.
- Academics scores of candidates along with CAT scores or percentile are given the highest weightage.
- The weightage of CAT score i.e 40 is further divided into different categories.
- A valid Work Experience is also given weightage in shortlisting for PI-WAT.
IIM Visakhapatnam Shortlisting Criteria Weightage is shared below:
|Component||Weight in percentage on a scale of 100||Key Points to Note|
|CAT 2019 Percentile||40||Section-wise weight prescribed|
|Class 10 marks||12||90 & Above percentile|
|Class 12 marks||10||90 & Above percentile|
|Bachelors degree||20||Stream-wise weights|
|Diversity||10||Awarded to Female Candidates & Non Engineers|
|Work experience||8||3 Yrs & Above awarded highest weight|
The Weightage of 40 points for CAT 2020 percentile score is divided as shown in the table in order to shortlist candidates for PI round:
|CAT 2020 Section||Weightage Points in Shortlisting||Weightage percentage|
|Verbal & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||14||14%|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||16||16%|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||10||10%|
|Total Maximum weight to CAT 2020 score||40||40%|
IIM Visakhapatnam Final Selection
- All the shortlisted candidates have to participate in the final round to get admission in IIM Visakhapatnam.
- Candidates will also have to submit a detailed application that includes a statement of purpose, details of semester wise marks in Bachelor’s degree, copies of all academic transcripts & certificates, copies of work experience certificates (if applicable), certificate of disability (if applicable), Category certificate (if applicable).
IIM Visakhapatnam Final Selection Criteria Weightage
|Component||Percentage weight on a scale of 100|
|Personal Interview (PI)||25|
|CAT 2019 score||25|
|10th Class board marks||5|
|12th class board marks||5|
|Bachelors degree marks||10|
|Diversity (Gender (Female & transgender)/Non-engineer)||20|
- In the final selection round the maximum weightage is given to CAT score and PI that is 25 marks to each.
- WAT is of 5 marks and Gender diversity has a weightage of 20 marks.
- The time duration of WAT at IIM Visakhapatnam is 30 minutes. In WAT, candidates will be judged based on the type or quality of content and style or approach of writing.
- The weightage of work experience is 5 points and it also depends on the length and quality of work experience. Candidates with more than 36 months of managerial work experience will be given 5 marks and work experience of fewer than 6 months will not be considered valid. Moreover, Training/Project work done as a part of the curricular will not be considered.
- Candidates will also require two confidential reference letters from their employers or from teachers in the academic institutions where they had been studied previously.
- Candidates who are shortlisted and interviewed by any one or more of the IIMs at Calcutta, Indore, Bangalore, Kozhikode, Lucknow (only for their PGP/PGPM programs), will not be required to appear for the personal interview of IIM Visakhapatnam.
- For these candidates, Personal Interview (PI) / Written Ability Test (WAT) scores of the above mentioned IIMs will be used for PI /WAT round at IIMV
- In case, candidates are not shortlisted or interviewed by any of the IIMs as mentioned above will be required to appear for a Personal Interview (PI) / Written Ability Test (WAT) conducted by IIM Visakhapatnam.
IIM Visakhapatnam Placement
- Highest CTC: Rs 27 LPA
- Average CTC: Rs 13.08 LPA
- Median CTC: Rs 12 LPA
- Average CTC for top 25%: Rs 18.67 LPA
- Average CTC for top 50%: Rs 15.73 LPA
- Number of companies that participated: 75
- MBA total offers made: 108
IIM Visakhapatnam Placement for Summer 2019-21
|Function and Role||Percentage|
|Sales and Marketing||50|
IIM Visakhapatnam Top Recruiting Companies
- Anand Rathi
- Franklin Templeton
- GMR Group
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Lombard
- Mu Sigma
- Raam Group
- The Quarry
- TVS Motors
- Indian Oil
- Yes Bank
IIM Vizag Admission 2021 FAQs
Ques. Is IIM Vizag not participating in IIM CAP?
Ans. No. These are the IIMs that will not participate in CAP 2021
- IIM Nagpur
- IIM Visakhapatnam
- IIM Amritsar
Ques. How is the placement at IIM Visakhapatnam?
Ans. IIM Visakhapatnam gives 100% placement record. It provides excellent placements to it’s students. Here are some details about the placements:
- Highest salary offered - INR 27 LPA
- Average salary offered - INR 13.08 LPA
Ques. Is a housing facility available for local students of Andhra Pradesh?
Ans. Housing at IIM Vizag depends solely on availability of rooms. In most cases, housing facilities are available for all the admitted students of IIM Visakhapatnam.
Ques. What are the scholarships provided to the students of IIM Visakhapatnam?
Ans. Various types of scholarships are awarded to the students at the institute, which are:
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs Scholarship (ST)
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Scholarship (SC)
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Department of Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS
- Aditya Birla Scholarship
- Citi Women’s Leader Award
Ques. What CAT percentile do I need for the IIM Visakhapatnam?
Ans. Candidates require at least 85 percentile in CAT for admission at IIM Visakhapatnam.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.