KJ Somaiya offers admission to its management courses through CAT exam. Once the CAT results out, the Institute releases its separate cut off list. Candidates score equal or above cut off marks are only eligible to apply. The Application fee is INR 2800. It can be paid online through NET banking or Demand Draft.
The institute also accepts XAT, GMAT, and CMAT scores while foreign candidates can apply via GMAT Score. The final merit list of university is prepared on the basis of CAT Result, performance in GD/PI, past academic record and work experience. CAT 2019 will be conducted on November 24, 2019, interested candidates can apply on the official website of the exam from August 5, 2019.
K J Somaiya Important Dates
Candidates seeking admission in KJ Somaiya through CAT 2019 must keep in mind the below important dates:
|Last date to submit KJ Somaiya Application Form||January 31, 2020|
|Shortlisting of candidates for Stage 3||February 23, 2020|
|Commencement of GD and Pi for Stage 3||March 3-18, 2020|
|Declaration of Merit List||March 28, 2020|
|Counselling dates||April 2-4, 2020|
|Commencement of programme||July 17, 2020|
KJ Somaiya Eligibility Criteria
X and XII class
- The aggregate of all subjects will be counted for KJ Somaiya admission 2020.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline.
- Candidate must obtain a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in a minimum of 3 years education
- Candidates appearing in the final year of their bachelor’s degree or equivalent are also eligible if they furnish proof of meeting the minimum eligibility criteria by July 31st, without fail.
- Candidate’s maybe fresher’s or with a relevant work experience.
- 8% of weightage will be given to work experience of a candidate
Also Check CAT Eligibility
How to Apply at KJ Somaiya through CAT?
- Log in to the official website of K J Somaiya
- Click on ‘Online Admission’ available on the homepage
- Create a new account using your details like email address, and a mobile number.
- The Application form will be displayed on the screen. Fill academic and personal details.
- Pay the application fee through demand draft or Net Banking
- A confirmation mail will be sent to your registered email address
KJ Somaiya Previous Year CAT Cutoff
|Category||VARC||DI & LR||QA||Overall|
Factors affecting Cut off:
- Difficulty level of exam
- Number of test takers
- Number of candidates qualifying the exam
- Number of seats
- Difficulty Level of the exam in the year
KJ Somaiya Selection Criteria
- Candidates will be first shortlisted based on their Test score in the CAT /CMAT /XAT /GMAT.
- Candidates are separated based on their Profile score.
- Scores of all the above entrance exams will be normalized for comparison.
- Shortlisted candidates will also have to choose their GD/PI centers.
- Merit list of the shortlisted candidates will be Declared by the consolidated for all PGDM programmes (IB/RM/FS/Comm.)
- A separate Exclusive merit list will be declared for 18 seats (quota in PGDM) for Foreign national / PIO / Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries.
- Candidates will also have to fill Programme preference online and the Detailed instructions will be displayed later on the official website.
- CAT Counselling will be conducted where the candidate will be offered the choice of the programme based on their programme preferences, Merit position, and availability of the seats.
- Candidates will be called for counseling at different time slots depending on the rank in the Merit List.
- Merit list will be declared along with the Admissions Cut-off date.
KJ Somaiya Merit List
The college will prepare its merit list on the basis of below criteria:
|Past Academic Record||10|
Courses Offered at K J Somaiya
K J Somaiya college offers some of the major courses in of PGDM in its college. Following is the list of core courses in the university-
- PGDM Marketing
- PGDM Finance
- PGDM HR
- PGDM Operations
- PGDM Retail Management
- PGDM International Banking
- PGDM Financial Service
- PGDM Communication
Candidates are also offered various elective courses, summer internships programs and Pedagogy which includes a combination of lectures, case discussions, presentations, assignments and project work.