The Central University of Rajasthan has released the CUCET 2018 counselling details on February 19, 2018. After CUCET results are declared candidates are allotted seats in their respective course and university/ institute through counselling. The participating universities will release CUCET 2018 individual rank list after the CUCET results are declared.
- As CUCET 2018 result has been declared, each university will put up their individual rank list.
- Candidates must make sure to go through the notifications of the participating universities after the results are declared.
- There will be no single centralised counselling, as universities will hold individual counselling sessions for admission.
- To participate in the CUCET 2018 Counselling process of a particular university, the candidate needs to meet the cut off for that university.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat during counselling, the candidate has to pay the admission fee and undergo document verification.
- There will be a separate fee for online counselling.
CUCET 2018 Counselling Dates
Below we are providing the CUCET 2018 counseling schedule for some of the participating universities.
|Events/Universities||Date 2018 (Tentative)|
|Central University of Rajasthan|
|Counselling Registration||3rd week of June|
|Last date of Counselling Registration||3rd week of June|
|Central University of Punjab|
|Online Counselling Form||1st week of June|
|Last date of Counselling Form||2nd week of June|
|Merit List Released||4th week of July|
|Central University of Haryana|
|Starting of Online Registration||2nd week of June|
|Central University of Karnataka|
|Counselling Registration Starts From||3rd week of June|
|Closing Date of Counselling Registration||3rd week of June|
CUCET Counselling Schedule – University – Wise
The CUCET Counselling schedule differs from university to university. The candidates of CUCET 2018 can go through the tentative CUCET Counselling schedule.
CUCET Merit List
Every university has it own CUCET Merit List Criteria based on which the the candidates can take admission into their respective UG, PG and PhD programs. In the sections below, the candidates can find the details of university -wise CUCET Merit List Criteria.
- Central University of Tamil Nadu: Click Here
- Central University of Rajasthan: The candidates’ score in CUCET 2018 as well as in qualified exam will form the basis of the provisional merit list. Check the general instructions for CURAJ,Click Here.
- Criteria for Preparation of Merit List – The relative weight for the CUCET score and qualifying exam score will be 70:30. For MBA program, there will also be personal interview and group discussion.
- Tie Breaker-If two or more candidates are tied at same score, the tie breaker will be scores / marks in qualifying exam with the score of all subjects being taken in account.
- Method of Preparation – The official website will host the provisional merit list. After the process of checking and verifying the original documents, the concerned department at the time of admission will prepare the final merit list.
- CUCET Counselling Process – Counselling-cum-admission round requires personal presence of all the candidates who are called for it. They should report on 10:00 AM on the date of counselling-cum-admission. 11:00 AM is the last reporting time before Departmental Admission Committee. Hence, it is advised to be there in time.
- The original documents and the prescribed fee should be brought by candidate as notified on the university website. On the day of counselling, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of information available till 11 AM.
- After that, candidates will be responsible for any change in merit because of any incorrect or unavailable information. There will be no second round of admission. Department will maintain reserve list out of present candidates, if required.
- Fee deposition for Wait Listed Candidates – The wait listed candidates should provide correct and functional Email ID and mobile number as all information will be communicated on the same contact details. For depositing the fee in the Account No. 666110210000003, Bank of India, Central University of Rajasthan Branch, IFSC Code: BKID0006667 and sending the UTR Number through SMS and scanned copy of deposit receipt by email to HoD/Coordinator of the department concerned, they will be allowed 48 hours from the receipt of email/SMS.
- If students fail to do so and inform the Head of the concerned department within stipulated time, the vacant seat will be allotted to next candidate following the same system. In this regard, no representation/complaint would be entertained.
- The candidates on the waitlist are advised to collect the contact details of concern Head of department before leaving the examination hall.
- After notification of last date of admission by the university, there will be no further admissions.
- GOI/University norms will govern the reservation/conversation of vacant category of seats.
- Central University of Haryana
- Criteria for Preparation of Merit List-The basis of merit will be made in strict accordance of determination by the entrance test subject to stipulated reservation.
- Tie Breaker-In case of tie of scores in entrance test, the tie breaker will be % of marks in the graduate level examination or its equivalent. In case the tie still remains, the next criteria for tie breaking would be the marks of intermediate examination (10+2)/ Higher Secondary School. The final tie breaker, if scores are still tied, would the higher age.
- The candidates with their results awaited can also seek admission subject to the production of proof of passing qualifying examination with the prescribed marks by the last date of payment of fee of the concerned list.
- The candidates who fail to clear the qualifying examination with required marks will not get admission.
- In accordance with rules, the university reserves the right to cancel the admission of any candidate.
- Candidates with compartment in any subject in qualifying examination will be considered ineligible for admission.
- Central University of Jammu
- Preparation Criteria of Merit List for Master’s Degree programs- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of composite score of marks obtained by the candidate in CUCET and qualifying examination. The relative weight will be 70:30.
- Preparation Criteria of Merit Listfor Integrated M.Phil. - Ph.D. Programs- The composite score of marks obtained in CUCET 2018, academic performance at qualifying examination and performance at interview form the basis of merit list preparation for admissions. The relative weight would be 70:20:10.
- Any candidate having less than 40% marks in CUCET 2018 will not be eligible for admission to an integrated M.Phil. - Ph.D. program.
- There will be an exemption from appearing CUCET 2018 for the candidates who have qualified JRF/NET/SLET/SET.
- For the purpose of calculating composite score, JRF qualified candidates are deemed to have a score of 100% while the NET/SLET/SET qualified candidates are deemed to have a score which is equivalent to the marks of topper of CUCET 2018.
- If JRF/NET/SLET/SET candidates choose to appear in CUCET 2018, the aforementioned provisions will not apply to them.
- A candidate, subject to the fulfillment of the minimum eligibility conditions, who has been awarded Teacher Research Fellowship by the UGC and is working in any institution of higher education, will be treated similarly to NET/SLET/SET qualified candidates for the purpose of calculating the composite score for preparation of merit list.
- Failing to pay the fee and getting themselves registered for CUCET 2018 will result in cancellation of candidature.
- For interview, the number of candidates which is equivalent to three times the number of seats will be called. Such a call will be made on the basis of composite score subject to the minimum cut off marks.
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Preparation Criteria of Merit Listfor Integrated M.Tech/MBA./M.Sc./MA Degree courses- The merit index is prepared on the basis of marks scored in CUCET 2018 and the qualifying examination. The relative weight will be 70:30.
- Preparation Criteria of Merit Listfor the UG course in Music & Performing Arts- It will comprise marks secured in CUCET 2018, qualifying examination and the audition. The relative weight will be 40:20:40.
- Tie Breaker-In case of a tie in scores, the higher age will be tie breaker.
- Central University of Karnataka
- Preparation Criteria of Merit Listfor admissions to integrated programs- The performance in JEE Main will be considered for 33% of the seats. Another 33% of seats will be filled on the basis of performance in CUCET 2018 while the rest 34% will be filled on the basis of performance in CET 2018.
- Preparation Criteria of Merit Listfor PhD seats- The merit list is prepared on the basis of marks scored in CUCET 2018 and personal interaction. The relative weight will be 1:3.
- Central University of Kashmir
- The basis for preparation of merit list is solely the score obtained by candidates in CUCET 2018. In the case of MBA program, however, group discussion and interview have their due weight.
CUCET Counselling Procedure 2018
- All candidates those will appear in CUCET 2018 entrance exam have to do the registration on the respective university website.
- Each university will release its rank list for the shortlisted candidates.
- As per the counselling schedule prescribed by the each university, candidates have to attend the counselling.
- Candidates those who will score above the cut off will be called for counselling.
- Through online counselling, candidates have to fill the college and course preference.
- The candidate with a high rank will be given preference over lower rank holder.
- On the basis of availability of seats and ranks of the candidate the seats will be allotted.
- Candidates have to accept the seat and submit the admission fee after allotment of the seat.
Documents Required for verification
- Admit Card of CUCET 2018
- Result sheet of CUCET 2018
- Degree Certificate and Marks sheet of all semesters
- Class XII Certificate & Marks Sheet
- Class X Certificate and Marks sheet
- Category Certificate (if a candidate belongs to reserved category)
- Medical Certificate (in case of PwD candidates)
- Photocopies of the original documents.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College