CAT Guidelines 2018 related to photo size and signature remains same every year. The application forms will be available online in December 2018. Registration is successful only when you have entered all the details, with supporting images and documents. It is apparent that the details entered during CAT Registration must be authentic and accurate so as to avoid rejection by the conducting authority.
The registration for this year will become shortly. To apply for CAT 2018, click here
Often, some candidates end up making mistakes while uploading their photograph in the form-filling step. Do not worry! Here are some quick points regarding CAT 2018 Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details.
- IIM mandates candidates to follow the guidelines laid out for the photograph and signature to be uploaded.
- Candidates applying for CAT 2018 must know that the size of the images should not exceed 80 KB. The format should be JPG or JPEG.
- After uploading the images, candidates can make the payment of the CAT application fee.
- Images in Admit Card must match with the images uploaded in the application form.
- CAT Admit Card can be downloaded by successfully registered candidates between October – November, fromiimcat.ac.in.
- Candidates who successfully fill CAT Application Form will appear for the examination on November 25, 2018.
CAT Photo Specifications
Scanning and uploading of Photo and signature is the most important step in the registration procedure. Ensure that the scanned image of his photograph matches all the specifications declared by the conducting authority. The details are as follows:
|CAT Photo Specifications|
|Dimensions||35mm X 45mm|
|Format||JPG or JPEG|
|File Size|| Max. 80kb|
Note: If the size of the file is more than 80Kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the no. of color’s, DPI resolution, etc., during the process of scanning.
Do’s and Don’ts for CAT Photograph
Candidates need to follow a few do’s and don’ts for CAT 2018 photograph. This will result in a smooth completion of the application process of CAT.
- First of all, the photograph of candidates must be a recent one.
- Even if the photograph is old, candidates must ensure that the photograph is not more than six years old.
- The background of the photograph should be white.
- The eyes of the candidate must be open.
- Candidates must be facing forward to the camera and their face should be clearly visible.
- Eyes, nose, and hair of candidates must be visible in the photograph. Therefore, candidates need to look straight into the camera.
- The shoulders of candidates should also be visible.
- Photo must be clicked at a studio by a professional photographer.
- Candidates must not upload pictures that have a landscape background.
- Photo that are uploaded in rotated will lead to cancellation of application form.
- Also, such photographs will not be accepted where candidates are facing in some other direction.
- If eyes of candidates are closed in the photograph, it will not be accepted by the conducting authority.
- Self-taken photographs or selfies should not be uploaded in the application form.
- Photo taken from a low-quality gadgets are not acceptable.
- Facebook pictures are also not acceptable.
- Candidates should not edit their photographs. Adding filters or editing the photograph will result in cancellation of the application form.
- Candidates must avoid dark backgrounds at all costs.
- In the photograph, shadows should not fall on the face of candidates.
- If the distinctive features of candidates are unclear in the photograph, it will be rejected by the conducting authority.
Note: Candidates must be very careful while choosing the photograph for uploading CAT Application Form. The photograph must match all the requirements. The staff of the conducting authority must be able to recognize the candidate from his photograph. The purpose of the photograph is to verify the identity of the candidate.
Cases of Photo Rejection
CAT Signature Specifications
Apart from uploading the scanned image of their photograph, candidates also need to upload the scanned image of their signature while filling CAT Application Form. Here too, candidates need to follow the given specifications in order to complete the application process successfully. If candidates keep in mind certain technical details, they will be able to successfully upload the scanned image of their signature.
|CAT Signature Specifications|
|Dimensions||80mm X 35mm|
|Format||JPG or JPEG|
|File Size|| Max. 80kb|
- Candidates need to sign with a black pen on white paper.
- They must ensure that it is their signature and not someone else’s. If the signature on the answer sheet does not match the signature of the candidate in the application form, he will be disqualified to appear in CAT 2018.
How to Upload Photograph and Signature for CAT 2018?
Here are some easy steps to follow for uploading photograph and signature for CAT:
- Visit the official website of CAT
- Login to the website through their registration number and password.
- The application form will be visible. Fill all the details that are asked in it.
- After entering your personal, academic and work details, you will proceed towards uploading your photograph and signature.You will find two separate links for uploading your signature and photograph.
- Click on the respective links and browse the location where the scanned images have been saved.
- Select the file and click on the upload button.
Instructions for Scanning CAT Photograph & Signature
Candidates should note down certain technical directions mentioned below for scanning their photographs and signature properly.
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be in JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using 'Save As' option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option [Please see points mentioned above for the pixel size] in the 'Image' menu. Similar options are available in other photo editors also.
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed. While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.
We hope this article was of use to all you aspirants. Adhering to these specifications/ guidelines will ensure a smooth registration process. To avoid cancellation of your application form, do make sure that the photograph and signature are in the given format and size. Once the application form is successfully submitted, you may download CAT Admit Card between October – November 2018. It will be available on CAT Official Website.