Cracking NEET 2021 by self-preparation needs strategic planning and disciplined execution of the preparation plan. Students who have cracked NEET by studying at home considered self-practice the major factor contributing to their success in the examination. While drafting NEET self preparation plan, candidates need to focus on NEET 2021 Syllabus.
Students are also advised to go through NEET previous years’ paper patterns to understand the most important area of the entire syllabus, which has recurrently been asked in the exam, and probably skip those which are actually ignored. Download NEET Sample Papers
Some students might devise a strategy for NEET 2021 that may not be suitable for all. However, students can read the article below to check the important topics and subject-wise preparation tips.
NEET Self-Preparation Tips for Physics
Any candidate preparing for NEET should first begin by understanding the basic concepts shared in NCERT Books. Going through NCERT will serve two important purposes:
- A parallel preparation for Board exams will continue.
- Reading NCERT will set a strong base for further preparation.
- After completion of basic concepts, candidates can choose to practice more complicated questions focussing on NEET from good reference books like Concepts of Physics by HC Verma or Objective Physics by DC Pandey. Referring to these books will offer better choices of questions to practice.
- It is required that candidates practice the problems regularly after studying the concepts. This will help them remember the concepts in the long run. Also, they should have good analytical skills to solve problems in Physics.
Important Topics for Physics in NEET
|Most Important Topics||Average Topics|
|Electronic Devices||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Laws of Motion||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body|
|Magnetic effect of Current and Magnetism||Optics|
|Oscillations and Waves||Work, Energy & Power|
Some of the topics where candidates can spend less time are:
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Kinetic Theory
- Alternating Current
- Physical World and Measurement
NEET Self-Preparation Tips for studying Chemistry
- Since chemistry is a subject with many theoretical concepts, problems and chemical equations, studying from NCERT books along with recommended books by expert authors will help in solving questions.
- While studying, candidates can mark difficult questions, important points, and make notes so that can be helpful in future.
- While referring to other books, candidates can take guidance from Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for class XI and XII, or Dinesh’s Chemistry. Reference to specific books for Inorganic, Organic or Physical Chemistry is also suggested.
Important Topics for Chemistry in NEET
|Physical Chemistry Topics with weightage||Inorganic Chemistry Topics with weightage||Organic Chemistry Topics with weightage|
|Mole Concept and Stoichiometry (5.1%)||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties (10.5%)||Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen (30%)|
|Atomic Structure (10.2%)||D and F - Block Elements (12.4%)||Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry (24.4%)|
|Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry (13.1%)||Co-Ordination Compounds(17.6%)||Chemistry of Environment and Everyday life (11.3%)|
|Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry (7.3%)||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure(29.4%)||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen (10.6%)|
|States of Matter and Solutions (24.1%)||Hydrogen and S Block Elements(7.8%)||Biomolecules and Polymers (11.9%)|
|Surface Chemistry (7.3%)||P - Block Elements(13.7%)||Hydrocarbons and their substituents (11.9%)|
|Equilibrium (18.2%)||Practical Chemistry (8.5%)||_|
|Nuclear Chemistry and Chemical Kinetics (14.6%)||_||_|
NEET Self-Preparation Tips for studying Biology
- The most important subject for studying MBBS and BDS is Biology. The subject also carries a greater weightage than other subjects in NEET. Thus, this subject requires great conceptual clarity.
- A medical aspirant can study Biology from good reference books along with NCERT.
- Also, Trueman’s Biology Volume 1 and 2, Objective Biology by Dinesh, Pradeep Publication’s Biology can prove to be helpful for practicing objective type questions.
Important Topics for Biology in NEET
|Most Important Topics||Average Topics|
|Cell||Structural Organization of Animals|
|Human Reproduction||Respiration in Plants|
|Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants||Reproduction in Organisms|
|Principle of Inheritance & Variation||The Animal Kingdom|
|The Living World||Application of Biotechnology|
|Chemical Control & Integration||Transportation in Plants|
|Molecular Basis of Inheritance||Body Fluid Circulations|
|Morphology in Flowering Plants||Biotechnology Process & Principles|
|Principle of Inheritance||Circulation of Body Fluids|
|Anatomy of Flowering Plants||Plant Kingdom|
|Evolution||Strategies of Food Production Enhancement.|
Some of the topics where candidates can spend less time are:
- Cell Division
- Mineral & Nutrition
- Neural Control & Coordination
- Organisms & Population
- Movement & Locomotion
- Reproductive Health
- Biodiversity & Conservations
NEET 2021 General Self Preparation Tips
Preparing well for NEET without any coaching assistance is a tough task to perform. However, practicing problems on a regular basis for problem- oriented subjects is a good way to get a grip on concepts. While practising a particular subject, one can select any topic and continue solving the problems after learning the concepts and formulae thoroughly. Students are suggested that they make their own shortcuts to solve numerical problems quickly in the entrance test. Below mentioned are few tips that students can follow while looking forward for self-preparation of NEET.
1. Create a study timetable
- Medical aspirants looking forward to qualifying NEET need to prepare a well- informed timetable that can help them to stick to their routine and give equal time to all the subjects. Candidates need to also allocate time for mock tests and evaluate the mistakes in each subject.
- It is necessary that candidates understand that medical preparation is not a cakewalk that anyone can easily slide into. Only students who stick to their dedication are able to build a bed of roses for themselves.
To plan a successful journey, candidates need to:
Prioritise the Topics: Do this on the basis of previous years’ paper patterns
Maintain a Perfect Balance: Balance out study and rest time proportionately to maintain good health and mental peace throughout
Stick to the Timetable: Strict adherence to timetable is required as deviation from it will make it difficult to catch up later with the leftover topics.
2. Solve last year’s NEET papers
- Solving NEET sample papers will not only let candidates know about their preparation level, but also help in making them learn time management.
- Practicing previous papers will help medical aspirants in improving their speed and accuracy.
- Solving them will give them an idea about the question paper pattern, the difficulty level of questions and classes and questions weightage in NEET. It will also give students an opportunity to set pace to work within the allocated three hour window.
- With 180 questions in NEET and allocated time window of 180 minutes, a candidate has almost 1 minute for every question. Thus, these practice papers will provide an opportunity to set pace to work with allocated three hours.
3. Devote more time and focus to areas where you are weak
- While practising for NEET, a candidate will be able to identify the sections that need more work.
- Having a buffer day in a week to complete leftover topics can also be used for this purpose.
- Solve problems of such weak areas on this buffer day. Seek timely guidance from mentors, peers or seniors to help. Get performance evaluation done by them on a regular basis. Following this procedure will help in inculcating confidence.
4. Define Tricks and Codes to Help in Exam
- Entrance exams like NEET are all about time management. In order to sail efficiently through the questions in the limited time period, it is better for all candidates to identify a few analogies or codes to remember formulae, definitions, and diagrams.
5. Take breaks
- One should take scheduled breaks while preparing for NEET. Taking breaks allows a person to concentrate better on difficult topics and let aspirants prepare in an efficient manner.
6. Study materials
- Study materials play a major role in the preparation in any competitive exam.
- NEET aspirants are advised to choose two to three books before starting a topic and refer to those limited books. Changing books often lead to confusion and one can end up wasting more time on the same topic.
Recommended Books for NEET 2021 Preparation
|Physics||Concepts of Physics by HC Verma|
|Problems in General Physics- I.E. Irodov|
|Concept of Competition Physics- Agarwals|
|Chemistry||Organic Chemistry by Paul Bruice|
|Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry by Morrison Boyd|
|Biology||Objective Biology by Dinesh|
|Botany- AC Dutta|
|Trueman’s Biology- Volume 1 and 2|
Avoid Common Mistakes in NEET 2021
NEET is an entrance test that demands long-run dedication. If a candidate falters with its timetable, s/he can run into deep trouble. A pile of left out topics isn’t good for NEET preparation.
With so many reference books and coaching notes available in the market, candidates are advised to not forget NCERT books from which they can strengthen their foundation. NCERT books sufficiently covers more than 60% of the NEET syllabus.
All of the three subjects command equal importance, so never rate them. A NEET aspirant is required to prepare for each subject at par and not leave any topic untouched.
Reference to recommended books other than NCERT should be limited. Reading from a plethora of books will not help. Be specific when it comes to books. So, do not skip NCERT and refer only to the best one or two reference books that assist practice, in each of the three subjects.
These NEET self-preparation tips will help candidates secure a good rank in the medical entrance test and avoid making costly mistakes during the preparation. As the competition is increasing each year, it is necessary for NEET aspirants to be careful in preparation and allocate time for important topics.
NEET 2021 Self Preparation FAQs
Ques. What is the best way to clear NEET 2021 Exam?
Ans. To clear NEET 2021 Exam you have to prepare a study schedule and work accordingly. Others are as follows.
- Read/ prepare the important topics from NCERT book
- Prepare notes for revision
- Clear doubts
- Give mock test
Ques. What is the best reference book for Physics that will be helpful for self-preparation to crack NEET 2021 Exam?
Ans. There are many books available for Physics subject but the most popular books are Concepts of Physics by HC Verma or Objective Physics by DC Pandey that can be helpful in preparation for NEET 2021 Exam.
Ques. Which book will be the best for the preparation of the subject Chemistry?
Ans. Candidates must follow NCERT books like Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for class XI and XII, or Dinesh’s Chemistry will be helpful.
Ques. Can I have some suggestions for some books on Organic Chemistry?
Ans. For Organic Chemistry, some of the popular books are Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd, Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon, etc.
Ques. Is it necessary to solve previous years questions papers of NEET Exam to get a good score in NEET 2021 Exam?
Ans. Yes, it is very useful to solve all the question papers of the previous exam to get a high score in NEET 2021 Exam. From this, you will not only get a brief idea about NEET Exam but also it will help to boost your confidence in the final exam by solving all the questions with the correct answer within the specific time set by the authority.
Ques. Which subject is the most important for NEET 2021?
Ans. You will have to give equal importance to all the subjects to crack NEET 2021 Exam.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.