The official notification for NEET 2019 has been released by NTA (National testing Agency). This year, NEET 2019 is scheduled for May 5, 2019 (Sunday) in a CBT (computer-based) mode.
The registration for NEET 2019 will start from November 1, 2018 and will continue till November 30, 2018. Interested candidates can apply through online mode. At the time of registration, there is a possibility that one may commit various mistakes, one of the major mistakes is uploading signature/photo in the wrong sizes etc.
Read on to check the complete guidelines defined by the exam authority that must be followed at the time of uploading scanned photograph and signature in NEET Application Form 2019. Failing to follow the specifications will result in cancellation of candidature.
A brief about Documents Specifications are as follows:
|Photograph||10 to 100 kb||JPG|
|Signature||3 to 20 kb||JPG|
NEET 2019 Photo Specifications
Medical aspirants while scanning and uploading their Photo must take care of few points listed below:
- Photo Size: 10 Kb to 100 Kb
- Photo Dimensions: Size of photo: 2 x 2 inch, 35 x 45 mm or 35 x 35 mm (5 x 5 cm, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, 3.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Photo Background: White
- Details on NEET Photo: Photograph having a white background with the clearly mentioned name of the candidate along with the date of taking photograph, must be used.
Note: Photograph should not have cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed if used regularly.
NEET 2019 Signature Specifications
Along with photo, candidates are also required to attach a scanned image of signature and right-hand index finger impression. The essential specifications are listed below:
- Signature Image Size: 3 Kb to 20 Kb
- Right-hand index finger impression size: 3 Kb to 20 Kb
- Image Format: JPG only
- Signature Background: White
- Signature Style: Signature should be done with a running hand
Note: Any corrections related to Photo or signature will be notified on the registered Email and SMS.
NEET 2019 Right-hand Index Finger Impression
With uploading of photo and signature, candidates are required to upload their right-hand finger impression as well. Details of the same are listed below:
- Impression Photo Size: 3 kb to 20 kb
- Impression Format: JPG or JPEG only
- Background: White
- Ink: Only Blue ink is acceptable for taking index finger impression.
NEET Post Card Size Photograph
Central Board of Secondary Education has asked the medical aspirants appearing for NEET 2019, to carry one postcard size photograph at the time of examination. The photo should be similar to the one uploaded in NEET Admit Card.
- Postcard Photo Size: 4-inch x 6-inch
- Background: white only.
Note: Mention name, Application Form number, roll number of Examination on the backside of the photo. It will be collected by the Invigilator after matching the photograph with the candidate appearing in NEET.
Do’s and Don’ts for NEET Photograph & Signature
- Candidate must mention their Name, Application Form Number and Roll Number on the reverse side of the photograph
- Bring extra copies of passport size photographs, clearly indicating the name of candidate along with the date of taking the photograph.
- Applications without clear photographs are liable to be rejected.
- For signature, upload the signature in the appropriate box given in form in running handwriting.
- Writing full name in the box in capital letters will NOT be accepted as the signature. Doing so can lead to cancellation of the application form.
At NEET Exam Centre
, the Centre Superintendent will collect candidate’s Post Card size (4”x6”) photograph affixed on Performa
Guidelines to attach photograph in NEET Application Form
During registration, it is quite natural to make errors while choosing the photograph. Candidates often upload photographs which are not in accordance with the instructions and hence, such images get rejected. The common mistakes committed by candidates and correct sample of the photograph are given below:
- Upload a photograph taken by a professional camera. Avoid using a cell phone to click a picture as the image might get distorted. Photographs with a colored background (light/dark) are not accepted.
- Look straight into the camera making an eye contact for a clear image. Also, avoid wearing scarfs/muffler. Do not use it to cover your face. The face must cover more than 75% of the total area of the photograph. The photo clicked in improper lighting or flash must not be uploaded in NEET Application Form.
- The photo with shadow on the face is quite unclear and not accepted by CBSE. The face should be clearly visible in the photo. Check that the image uploaded must not be of poor digital resolution (100 x 75).
- Wearing spectacles in the photo is acceptable but avoid wearing tinted glasses or goggles in the photo. The photo with too much glare or light on the spectacles will not be accepted.
Note: The scanned image not meeting the photo requirements can be changed during NEET Form Correction. Candidates can upload an appropriate photo in the form and submit it again. The correct photo will be updated immediately in the form.