JEE Main 2020 is on going and will be conducted from January 6-9, 2020. NTA , the conducting body has released the JEE Main Exam day Instructions and a list of all required documents. Candidates must bring all the documents at the exam center, failing to do so will be prohibited to take the exam. Soon after the examination JEE Main 2020 Anwer Key will be released.
Latest Update:- JEE Main 2020 has commenced from January 6-9, 2020. Check JEE Main Paper Analysis here
The national level exam is conducted twice a year (January and April) in online mode. Candidates can appear in either of the two or both. Read on to know more about JEE Main 2020 important documents required.
JEE Main 2020: Documents Required at Exam Center
As per the NTA JEE Main Information Bulletin, listed below are the documents that must be carried and produced to the invigilator on the exam day. Mentioned below are the names of the documents –
1) JEE Main Admit Card
- Print copy of admit card of JEE Main.
- It acts as an entry ticket to the examination center and hall.
- The document can be downloaded from NTA’s website (nta.ac.in) OR JEE Main’s website.
- It helps in confirming the applicant's details and approves candidate to sit for the national level exam.
2) Passport Size Photo
- One passport size photograph must be carried.
- The photo should be same as uploaded on JEE Main Online Application Form
- This photo will be used for pasting on the specific space in the attendance sheet at Centre during the exam.
3) Authorised Photo IDs
- Anyone of the authorised i.e. Govt. approved photo ID must be carried.
- Acceptable IDs are (PAN Card/ Driving Licence/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (with photo)/ Aadhaar Enrolment No./ Ration Card).
- Make sure that the IDs are origional, valid and non-expired.
Note : ID Cards issued by Schools/ Colleges/ Universities/ Coaching Centres, AADHAR enrollment receipt without AADHAR NUMBER and PHOTOCOPIES OR Images Stored in mobile phones etc will NOT be accepted
4) PwD certificate
- Candidates belonging to PwD category and claiming relaxation under the same
must produce a certificate.
- The certificate must be issued by the Competent Authority.
Prohibited Items at Exam Center
Apart from the documents listed above, there are few things/ objects that are prohibited at the examination venue. They are as follows:
- Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper/ Stationery/ Textual material (printed or written material)
- Eatables and Water (loose or packed)
- Mobile Phone/ Ear Phone/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder, to wear/carry any type of watch including Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices in the Examination Hall/Room
- Rough Paper – candidates are provided with sheets for rough work and hence NTA does not allow any type of paper inside the exam hall.
- Stationary – candidates will be provided with all the required stationery like Blue/ Black ballpoint pen at the exam center only.
- NTA will not be responsible for any belongings stolen or lost at the premises.
- If any candidate is in possession of any of the above item, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current examination will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized
JEE Main 2020 Exam Schedule (January Session)
Before you start, a look at the JEE Main 2020 exam schedule is mandatory. The exact schedule is given below for all candidates to take note of and plan their exam day properly.
|Date of Examination||January 6 – 9, 2020|
|Mode of Examination||Paper 1 (for B.E./ B.Tech.): Computer Based Test|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B.Planning)
Part I – Mathematics;
Part II – Aptitude Test
Computer Based Test
|Part III – Drawing Test
Pen- paper Based Test
|Shifts||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Exam Timings||09.30 am – 12.30 pm||02.30 pm – 05.30 pm|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours||3 hours|
|Entry in Examination Center||7.30 am – Upto 9.00 am||01.00 pm – Upto 02.00 pm|
|Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8.45 am to 9.00 am||1.45 pm to 2.00 pm|
|Admit Card checking||9.00 am to 9.15 am||2.00 pm to 2.15 pm|
|Sitting at the allocated seat||9.15 am||2.15 pm|
|Instrutions by the Invigilators||9.00 am to 9.20 am||2.00 pm to 2.20 pm|
|Test Commencemes||9.30 am||2.30 pm|
|Test Concludes||12.30 pm||5.30 pm|
Check JEE Main 2020 Dates
JEE Main 2020 Exam Day Instructions
Other than bringing along your JEE Main 2020 required documents there are many other minor things which one needs to keep in mind.
- Report at the center two hours before the commencement of exam so as to complete the frisking and registration formalities well before the time.
- The registration desk will be closed 60 minutes prior to the examination.
- Candidates shall not be permitted to enter in the Examination Center after 8:30 a.m. in the first shift and after 1:30 p.m. in the second shift.
- Read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
- Take the seat immediately after the opening of the exam hall.
- Candidates failing to report in time due to any reason i.e. traffic jam, train/bus delay etc., they are likely to miss some of the general instructions to be announced in the exam hall. The NTA shall not be responsible for any delay
- Attendance sheet must be signed in the presence of the invigilator.