JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction will open soon after the registration process is over on the official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in. Candidates can also withdraw from their remaining JEE Main 2021 sessions. JEE Main 2021 Registration Window for April is closed now. Registered candidates can correct their application details, image correction facility has been made available at the official website.
In case additional fee payment is required depending on the changes made in the form, the final updates will be reflected after the payment. The additional amount (if applicable) can be paid through Credit/Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- May 4, 2021: JEE Main May Session Postponed, new dates yet to be released by NTA. Read More
- Mar 19, 2021: JEE Main 2021 B.Arch Admission Criteria Relaxed for 2021-22. Check Here
Table of Contents
JEE Main 2021 Form Correction Details
NTA will not consider any request made for corrections after the prescribed deadline under any circumstances. Candidates may have to remit an additional application fee (if applicable) while making JEE Main 2021 application form correction. The following corrections can be made in JEE Main 2021 Application Form:
- Candidates’ Name (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Paper (change from Paper 1 to Paper 2 or vice versa or addition or removal of a paper)
- Date of Birth (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Communication Address
- Contact Number
- Uploaded Photograph and Signature
- JEE Main 2021 exam center city preference
Image Specifications Released by NTA
Some candidates may have uploaded a photograph/ signature which is illegible or a photograph with a mask. Such candidates should reupload their photograph/signature as per specified guidelines.
- The file size of the passport photograph should be 10 kb to 200 kb (JPG/JPEG format)
- The file size of the signature should be 4 kb to 30 kb (JPG/JPEG format)
- The photograph must be recent (80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background preferably indicating the name of the candidate and the date of taking the photograph)
- There is no need to get the photograph attested.
- Applications without photographs or unclear photographs shall be rejected.
- Spectacles are allowed, if used regularly.
- Candidates are advised to keep 6 to 8 passport size and 4 to 6 postcard size colour photographs with white background.
JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction Steps
Candidates often make mistakes while filling the online form either because of inexperience or confusion. Therefore, NTA will provide JEE Main 2021 Form Correction facility to edit the particulars in the application form. Follow the given steps to edit the credentials -
- Step 1 – Visit NTA JEE Main Official Website.
- Step 2 – Click on ‘Application Form Correction for JEE(Main) – 2021’ link
- Step 3 – Enter Application Number, Password and Security Pin to access application form for correction.
- Step 4 – The following window will open:
- Step 5 – Click on ‘Manage Form Particulars Correction’ and then the following window will appear:
- Step 6 – Read the above-mentioned instructions and go ahead to make JEE Main Form Correction.
- Step 7 – Edit the information that needs correction except for the exam center.
- Step 8 – Submit the application form. Pay the additional fee (if required).
JEE Main 2021 Application Form Status
- To access the form status (or rechecking form), login using application number and password.
- After that, click on the Status tab.
- The status of JEE Main Application Form 2021 will be mentioned.
Any of the following messages will be displayed on the user’s window:
Received – If the application form is successfully submitted
Unsuccessful – If the application form is Incomplete/Rejected/Not Submitted
Remove Image Discrepancy
JEE Main 2021 Application Photo Correction Steps
- Step 1- Visit the official site of JEE Main 2021.
- Step 2- Click on the “Remove Image Discrepancy” link.
- Step 3- Candidates can login to their application page using their application form number and password.
- Step 4- Rectify the photo as per NTA specifications and click on “submit”
JEE Main 2021 Helpline
Individual queries can be mailed to enquire about JEE Main 2021 at email@example.com. If a candidate is facing issues in JEE Main 2021 Form Correction they can ask their doubts via mail by mentioning the following details:
- Name of Candidate
- Registration ID/Application Number
- Mistakes made in the Application Form
C-20 1A/8 ,Sector 62
IITK Outreach Centre,
Noida – 201309
JEE (Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block - H,
Sector - 63, Noida - 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
Helpline No.: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529
Computer-Based Exam Helpline No.: 18002669778
JEE Main 2021 Form Correction FAQs
Ques. What are the changes that I can make during the JEE Main 2021 form correction period?
Ans. Changes such as mode of examination, choice of paper, name, date of birth, academic details, uploaded photograph and signature can be made.
Ques. Due to alterations that I have made, the fees paid is more than what is applicable to my present changes, what should I do now?
Ans. The difference in the JEE Main 2021 application fee will be refunded to the account.
Ques. While uploading the photograph in the JEE Main 2021 Application Form, I forgot to put my name under it. In the correction window, it shows no correction required. What should I do now?
Ans. This means that your application form is accepted and you don’t need to do any changes.
Ques. While filling in the application form, I made a mistake in filling my name. Will I be able to correct this?
Ans. Yes, you can correct your name on the JEE Main Application Form.
Ques. I made a mistake while entering my Aadhaar Card Enrollment Number. Can I correct it in the JEE Main 2021 Form Correction Window?
Ans. Yes, you can correct the wrongly entered Aadhaar Card Number in the correction window facility.
Ques. I want to opt for Paper 2. Can I change it in the correction window?
Ans. Yes, you can change it in the correction window. The payment can be made accordingly before the last date.
Ques. I couldn’t pay my JEE Main 2021 registration fees before the last date of registration. Can I pay it now and get the acknowledgement?
Ans. No, you cannot pay the fees now. It should be noted that the correction facility is available only for those candidates who have submitted the application form and paid the requisite fees before the last day of fee payment.
Ques. Are there any specific requirements for the background of the photograph that needs to be uploaded for JEE Main 2021 application form?
Ans. Yes, the background of the photograph needs to be a light solid colour, preferably white.
Ques. Can I change the medium of language during JEE Main 2021 form correction?
Ans. Yes, candidates are able to change the medium of language during the form correction process.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.