The Central Seat Allocation Board has started the registration and choice filling for CSAB SFTI 2018 from July 30. The last date to register for CSAB SFTI 2018 is August 2. CSAB SFTI 2018 will be conducted after JoSAA Counselling 2018, for all the participating Self Financed Technical Institutes.
CSAB 2018 Special Round 1 Opening and Closing Rank – Check Here
JEE Main will be conducted by NTA from 2019 onwards. The exam will be held in online mode twice a year. The dates will be released soon at nta.ac.in. There will be no change in the pattern, syllabus, process of applying for JEE Main and application fee of the examination. Candidates can appear in either of the two or both the examinations, the result of the best scores will be taken into consideration. Read more
Last year 17 institutes took part in the counselling process and NIT Patna was the organizing body.
- During registration, pay an initial fee of INR 21,000 via e-challan
- Seats are allotted according to JEE Main Cutoff and preferences filled by aspirants during choice filling.
- Download 'Provisional Seat Allotment Letter' from csab.nic.in
- Report at allotted institutes in person for document verification and completing other formalities.
- Failure to appear for reporting will lead to cancellation of the allotted seat.
Check CSAB SFTI 2017 Cutoff
CSAB SFTI Important Dates
JEE Main 2018 Counselling for all the Self Financed Technical Institutes will be conducted as per the mentioned schedule. Candidates should refer to the tentative dates mentioned in the table below for all the stages for JEE Main 2018 SFTI Counselling.
|Payment of non-refundable processing fee of|
Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand only)
|20 July (10.00 IST) 2018 to|
28 July (Midnight) 2018
|ONLINE Registration, Filling up the Choices|
(It may take around six hours to enable your registration and choice filling from the time of payment of initial fee at SBI)
Note: Students need to click the save option frequently while choosing for choice filling.
|20 July (10.00 IST) 2018 to|
28 July (Midnight) 2018
|Seat allotment result||29 July (10.00 IST) 2018|
|Reporting to the Allotted Institutes for Admission and Pay the admission fee||30 July (10.00 IST) 2018 to|
10 August (17.00 IST) 2018
CSAB SFTI 2018 Academic Qualification
For CSAB SFTI counselling, a set of academic qualification is required which have been stated below:
- A rank in JEE Main and 45% aggregate marks in 10+2 exams must be acquired.
- 50% aggregate marks along with JEE Main qualification in Paper 2 will be required for B.Arch aspirants.
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination.
Know JEE Main 2017 Eligibility
CSAB SFTI 2018 Pre-Allotment Steps
There are some pre-allotment steps which must be completed before participating in CSAB SFTI Allotment Process:
- Register yourselves with JEE Main Roll Number on the official portal of the CSAB i.e. csab.nic.in.
- Pay the initial registration fee of INR 21, 000 by e-Challan at State Bank of India.
- Retain a photo copy of the e-challan receipt.
- Verify personal information during online registration.
- You can modify details like State of eligibility, Gender and Category at the time of registration.
|Mentioned Category in Application Form||Modification Permitted|
Step-by-Step CSAB SFTI Allotment Process
Candidates can check the step-by-step allotment process for CSAB SFTI 2018:
Step 1: Payment of Initial Fee
Download e-challan and deposit the initial fee of INR 21,000 (refundable). The steps to carry out the payment are as follows:
- Go to csab.nic.in.
- Download the format of e-challan.
- Fill the credentials asked, attentively with correct details.
- Make payment at nearest branch of State Bank of India.
Read CSAB SFTI Payment Instructions
Step 2: Choice Making and Locking
The registration and choice making step shall be enabled six hours after the submission of fee.
- After confirmation, you can access the list of colleges and courses offered to make choice.
- Submit or lock the list of choices before the last date. If you fail to lock the choices then the last saved preferences are considered as your final choice.
- On the successful completion of third round of seat allocation, you can modify your choices in case you are not allotted any seat.
- If you have surrendered the previous allotment of seat due to the dissatisfaction of allocation then you are eligible for the final spot round of counselling.
- If you were unable to register for the previous rounds of counselling then you can apply for the Spot Counselling in the last week of July.
Know CSAB SFTI Participating Institutes
Step 3: Seat Allocation and Document Verification
Seat Allocation will enable you to know college/institution allotted. Be prepared with the entire list of documents for verification.
- The allocation of seats is done on the basis of the order of preference and All India Rank in JEE Main 2018.
- A Provisional Seat Allotment Letter will be provided to your desired institution.
- Download and print the same and report with verified documents to the Reporting Centers as mentioned in the letter.
- Once the verification is done the board shall issue the Provisional Admission Letter
Step 4: Allotment of Seats and Reporting to the Institutions
Once the candidate registers and makes the choice of the institutes they are eligible for the CSAB seat allotment process and can check status on official portal. The process of seat allotment and reporting to the institutes is as follows:
- Check seat allotment seat on the official website.
- Download “Provisional Seat Allotment Letter” displayed online.
- Seats shall be allotted in the sequence of preference filled during online choice filling, merit as per the Rank obtained in the exam, category [GEN, OBC-NCL, SC, etc.] and availability of seats in respective Institutes/Branch.
- Candidates, who have been allotted a seat, should report to their allotted institute with all the documents required.
- Failing to turn up at their respective institutes in the scheduled time despite allotment of seat shall lose his/her candidature. The registration fee will not be refunded.
Check JEE Main Seat Allotment
Documents Verification for CSAB SFTI 2018
Candidates must carry self-attested copies of each document along with the original documents.
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
- Proof or Receipt of fee payment by e-challan of SBI
- JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
- One passport size photograph
- JEE Main 2018 Scorecard
- Photo ID proof
- Class X marks sheet as proof of date of birth and Name
- Class XII (High School) Board Certificate and Marks sheet of qualifying examination
- Category Certificate (SC/ST) in the format given on JoSAA website (Issued by competent authority)
- Category Certificate for OBC-NLC (central list) issued by competent authority in stipulated format.
- Disability Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) in the given format.
- Self-attested printout of locked choices and terms and conditions taken from CSAB website.
Ques. How can I get refund of the seat acceptance fee/initial fee?
Ans. The refund of initial fee will only be initiated in case 3 and in rest two cases, the initial fee will not be refunded.
Case 1: All such candidates who fail to report in time for admission or do not take admission on allotted seat will have no option of refund of initial fee of Rs. 21,000/- under any circumstances.
Case 2: The full initial fee will be also be forfeited in all such cases when admission is denied by SFTI at the time of reporting if documents/ certificates, etc. submitted by candidate in support of their (any of the following) are found to be incorrect
- Aggregate percentage of marks
- PwD status and
- State of eligibility (if applicable)
Case 3: Candidates failing to get any seat allotted in the unique round of CSAB SFTI 2018 counselling shall be entitled for refund of Rs.20,000/- from the initial fee paid after deducting Rs. One Thousand only, as non-refundable processing fee.
Ques. What are the documents that need to be carried for reporting at SFTIs?
Ans. The following documents in Original/Downloaded along with one set of self-attested copies of all the documents, from CSAB portal must be carried by a candidate, while reporting to the allotted Self-Financed Technical Institution (SFTI):
- Printed copy of 'Provisional Seat Allotment Letter', as downloaded from CSAB 2018 portal.
- Printed copy of proof of payment of initial fee payment by SB-collect only.
- Original JEE Main 2018 Admit Card.
- One passport size photograph same as one pasted on JEE Main 2018 application form.
- JEE Main 2018 Score Card issued by CBSE
- Photo ID issued by Central /State Govt./ Last School attended or Admit Card of Class XII Board.
- Class X marks sheet/ certificate as proof of Date of Birth and Name of Candidate.
- Class XII Board Certificate and Marks sheet of qualifying examination for verification of Marks and Aggregate percentage of marks.
- Medical Report on the format of the allotted institute/deemed university
Ques. What is the eligibility for appearing in CSAB SFTI?
Ans.Criteria 1 (for admission to B.Tech/ B.E./ 5yr Integrated B.Tech+M.Tech.):
- A rank in JEE Main Paper 1
- Minimum 45% aggregate marks obtained in class 12 (40% for OBC-NCL, SC, ST or PwD)
- Candidates should have PASS marks as prescribed by the respective boards of class 12.
- The aggregate marks for CSAB SFTI will be calculated with the marks obtained in following subjects: Physics, Mathematics, One of these from (Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Biology or Technical Vocational Subject), any one language and any other 5th subject.
Criteria 2 (for admission to B.Arch/B.Plan.):
- A rank in JEE Main Paper 2
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks obtained in class 12 in 5 subjects including Mathematics.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College