JEE Main 2021 Admit Card will be released by NTA expectedly during 2nd week of March for the JEE Main 2021 Phase – II. Successfully registered candidates can download JEE Main Admit card from nta.ac.in or jeemain.nta.nic.in by logging in with their Application Number and DOB. Candidates must carry an original ID with their hall ticket for entry in JEE Main Exam Center
JEE Main 2021 Phase II is scheduled from March 15 – 18, 2021. NTA has announced JEE Main Exam dates for all four sessions which are to be conducted this year. Candidates have to fill a self-declaration form printed on the first page of JEE Main Admit Card, the form consists of declarations regarding any symptoms of fever, breathlessness, cough, sore throat or body ache in the last 14 days. Check JEE Main Exam Day Instructions
JEE Main 2021 Admit Card Highlights
|Issuing Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Official Website||jeemain.nta.nic.in Download JEE Main Sample Papers|
|Documents to Carry on Exam Day||JEE Main Admit Card 2021, Valid photo ID proof, One filled Copy of Undertaking, One online submitted copy of Undertaking|
|JEE Main Login Credentials||JEE Main application number and DOB or Password|
|Compatible browsers to download JEE Main Admit Card||Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox|
|Helpline||Call: 8287471852, 8178359845, 9650173668, 9599676953 and 8882356803 |
Email ID: email@example.com
|Details Mentioned||Applicant’s name, Application number, Roll number, Father's name, Course name, DOB, Category, Gender, Candidate’s Photograph, State of eligibility, Test city and centre code, Date and shift of examination, Paper type, Important instructions|
|Previous Session Statistics|| |
Total applicants for JEE Main 2020 September - 8,58,273 candidates
Total candidates registered for BE/BTech paper - 7,46,115 candidates
JEE Main 2021 Admit Card Dates
|JEE Main Admit Card (Phase I)||February 11, 2021 (Out)|
|JEE Main 2021 – Phase I||February 23 – 26, 2021|
|JEE Main Admit Card (Phase II)||2nd week of March 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 – Phase II||March 15 – 18, 2021|
|JEE Main Admit Card (Phase III)||2nd week of April 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 – Phase III||April 27 – 30, 2021|
|JEE Main Admit Card (Phase IV)||2nd week of May 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 – Phase IV||May 24 – 28, 2021|
How to Download JEE Main 2021 Admit Card?
The link to the JEE Main Admit Card 2021 download is available on the homepage of the official website, download the hall ticket by following the given steps:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of JEE Main 2021 – jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on any of the links or “JEE Main 2021 Admit Card”
- Step 3: Enter your “Application Number and Date of Birth” to login.
- Step 4: The undertaking regarding the COVID-19 has to be taken.
- Step 5: Click on 'Download Admit Card'
- Step 6: The provisional JEE Main admit card will be downloaded.
JEE Main 2021 Admit Card Sample
Here is a picture of the JEE Main 2020 April session admit card to give you an example of how JEE Main 2021 admit card is supposed to look like.
Documents to carry Along with JEE Main Admit Card 2021
Candidates are required to carry the following documents along with JEE Main Admit Card to the examination center:
|Passport sized photograph (same as the one used in the application form)|
|Valid Photo ID like Aadhar, Voter ID, Passport, School identity Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Ration Card|
|PwD certificate (if candidates belong to the category) Check JEE Main Reservation|
|One Copy of undertaking given on the Admit Card Page No. 1|
|One Copy of undertaking filled during the time of download of Admit Card|
JEE Main 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
Candidates should follow the instructions for the exam which are mentioned on their JEE Main 2021 admit card. Check JEE Main 2021 Dress Code and Exam Day Instructions
- Before coming to the exam center all the candidates are advised to read all the instructions mentioned on all the 4 pages of JEE Main Admit Card 2021 very carefully.
- Remember to bring a filled (but not signed) copy of the undertaking along with the undertaking filled during the time of download of JEE Main Admit Card.
- Candidates should reach the exam center at least two hour in advance to the start of the exam.
- Candidates are requested to visit the exam center location once prior to the exam to avoid the chaos.
Prohibited Items in the JEE Main 2021 Exam Center
The list of prohibited items in the examination center is tabulated below:
|Items Not Allowed|
|Electronic gadget/device, Calculator|
|Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box|
|Any kind of Paper/ Stationery|
|Eatables/ Snacks and Tea/ Coffee/ Cold drinks/ Water (loose or packed)|
|Mobile phone/ Earphone/ Microphone/ Pager|
|Camera, Tape Recorder|
|Any metallic item|
Guidelines for Scribes for JEE Main 2021
- The candidates with disabilities should fill in the type and percentages of disability correctly in the online JEE Main Application Form. Any incorrect information can affect their candidature.
- Only the candidates, who have 40% or more disability, will be provided Scribe/Reader at the request of the candidate.
- The candidates will have the choice of opting for their own scribe/reader or may submit the request to the center superintendent.
- After the request of the candidate, the center superintendent will identify the scribe/reader students for the candidate. This is only the task of the centre superintendent to choose a scribe for the candidate.
- However, if a candidate requests to meet the scribe before the exam, they would be allowed to meet the scribe only a day before the examination to verify whether the scribe is suitable or not.
- One other provision is that 1 hour (60 minutes) compensatory time will be allowed to the candidates with 40% or more disability irrespective of the fact they are availing the facility of a scribe/reader.
Provision for Diabetic Students
Diabetic candidates are allowed to carry eatables and drinks including water bottles inside the exam center, this is done considering the health of diabetic patients in mind. Diabetic candidates must carry the following items in the exam hall:
- Sugar tablets
- Transparent water bottle
Note: Candidates will not be allowed to carry packaged foods such as chips/chocolate/sandwich etc.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Day Schedule
The details for JEE Main 2021 Exam with the tentative schedule of events for the January session was as follows:
|Events||First shift||Second shift|
|Timings for JEE Main Exam||9.00 am - 12.00 pm||3.00 pm - 6.00 pm|
|Entry in the Exam Centre||7.00 am - 8.00 am||1.00 pm - 2.00 pm|
|Entry in the Exam Hall||8.15 am - 8.30 am||2.15 pm - 2.30 pm|
|Admit Card Check by Invigilator||8.30 am - 8.45 am||2.30 pm to 2.45 pm|
|Instructions of Invigilator||8.45 am to 8.55 am||2.45 pm to 2.55 pm|
|Test Starting Time||9.00 am||3.00 pm|
|Test Ending Time||12.00 pm||6.00 pm|
|Exam Duration||3 hours||3 hours|
JEE Main 2021 Admit Card COVID-19 Advisory
- A 6 feet distance is to be maintained by every student at all times. Students must follow the instructions provided by the center staff.
- Every student will be offered a face mask before entry. To avoid the use of any unfair means, students are expected to wear these freshly provided masks. Students will be required to wear the mask at all times.
- Students must definitely carry their identification documents to the exam center.
- At the entry, filled in Undertaking on Admit Card and body temperatures will be checked.
- Students are required to strictly adhere to the instructions provided by the center staff as they will guide candidates to respective labs after scanning the barcode on admit card.
- Unless a candidate violates the COVID-19 directives of the government applicable on the day of exam, no candidate will be denied permission to appear for the examination.
Due to the fact that the pandemic is still a worldwide threat, it is safe to assume that these advisories are valid for JEE Main 2021 as well.
Forgot your JEE Main 2021 Login ID or Password?
Login credentials are essential to download your JEE Main 2021 Admit Card. In case you forgot your application number, you can follow the given steps:
Application Number can be recovered through the following steps:
- Step 1: Go to the sign in page and click on “Forgot Application Number”
- Step 2: The window that opens will show two options - “Find Application Number”
- Step 3: You will have to enter the following details:
- Candidate's Name
- Mother's Name
- Father's Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Eligibility
- Security Pin
- Step 4: The application number will be sent to you and you can use the same to download your admit card.
- Step 5: Save the details for future reference.
Candidates can follow the steps below to recover their JEE Main password:
- Step 1: You have to click on “Forgot Password” towards the bottom left on the sign in page.
- Step 2: The window that opens will show two options - “Options available for reset your Password”
- Step 3: You have to further choose how to reset your password:
- Use the security question.
- Use verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the registered mobile number
- Use a reset link sent via Email to the registered Email ID
- Step 4: The link to reset the password will be sent to you depending upon the option you choose.
- Step 5: You need the password and application number to download your admit card so save the details for future reference.
Corrections in JEE Main Admit Card 2021
Crosscheck all the details mentioned in your JEE Main admit card 2021 and If you find any discrepancy in the details given on the admit card, drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org before the stipulated time. JEE Main helpline will become live and active shortly after the release of the admit card. The details are given below:
JEE Main Admit Card 2021 FAQs
Ques. Is JEE Main Admit Card Available?
Ans. JEE Main 2021 Admit Card for the March session will be released in the 2nd week of March 2021. Candidates can download JEE Main Admit card from nta.ac.in or jeemain.nta.nic.in by logging in with their Application Number and DOB.
Ques. What if I present the soft copy of the admit card at the exam hall on the day of JEE Main 2021 Exam?
Ans. The exam conducting body will not allow you to present the soft copy of the admit card. If you present it instead of the hard copy of the admit card you will not get permission to sit for JEE Main 2021. You will only be allowed with the printed JEE Main admit card at the exam hall on the exam day.
Ques. I am facing problems while downloading the JEE Main Admit Card. What should I do?
Ans. Candidates having problems in downloading JEE Main Hall Ticket due to problems related to discrepancy/mismatch in their name as compared with their board data, then a correction facility will be provided. Using the correction facility, the candidates will be able to correct their name in JEE Main Form as per the board data. The candidates will be able to download the document after making the necessary corrections.
Ques. How to know the room number of the examination on the day of the examination?
Ans. The room number of the examination will be informed to all the candidate at the entry point of the exam hall on the day of the examination.
Ques. My name is written as “Manoj Kumar” in my Aadhaar card, while in my class 10th certificate the name reads, “ Manoj Kumar Gopal”, what name will come on my admit card?
Ans. Manoj Kumar will come on your JEE Main admit card as the Aadhar card name is the accepted name on your ID.
Ques. I do not have an internet connection, can I get my JEE Main admit card through post?
Ans. No, you cannot get your JEE Main admit card through post.
Ques. I have lost my admit card, how will I get my JEE Main result?
Ans. You need to login to the systems with your roll number and password, which are stored on your email. Just check in your personal mail id, else send an email on the helpline to get your credentials.
Ques. What things can I carry inside the exam hall?
Ans. You can carry only the basic stationery allowed inside the exam hall as per the directives, no electronic gadgets/books/ calculators can be carried in the exam hall.
Ques. What is the helpline number for JEE Main admit card?
Ans. Helpline No.- 1800 112211 OR 18004253800
Ques. The spelling of my name is incorrect on the admit card, what should I do?
Ans. Contact the authorities at the helpline number to get it corrected.
Ques. I have lost my admit card, how can I get its duplicate copy?
Ans. Login to the JEE application portal and repeat the process for downloading JEE Main admit card.
Ques. My photo is blurred in the JEE Main admit card 2021, what to do, do i need a new one?
Ans. A blurry image is not accepted on JEE Admit card. You must contact the authority at the helpline numbers, then only you will get a new admit card with a better quality photo.
Ques. At what time should I report at the JEE exam center?
Ans. You must report at least 2 hours 30 minutes before the commencement of exam at the exam center.
Ques. What things can I carry with the admit card on JEE Main exam day?
Ans. You need to carry the following items on the exam day:
- JEE Main Admit Card
- Copy of PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Government-issued Identity proof
Ques. I am writing JEE paper 2, can I carry my personal stationery?
Ans. Yes, you have to carry your stationery as per the list below:
- Geometry box
- Color pencils
Ques. Do I have to go through biometric verification if I appear for the JEE Main exam?
Ans. Yes, you will have to appear for the biometric verification process on the exam day.
Ques. Do I need to carry my OBC certificate along with my JEE admit card?
Ans. No, you do not have to carry your Caste Certificate along with the JEE admit card on the day of exam.
Ques. I am from Assam, do I need to carry my DL along with JEE admit card on exam date?
Ans. Yes, you need to carry your DL along with the JEE Main admit card.
Ques. What details do I need to download the admit card?
Ans. The details required to download JEE Main admit card 2021 are: JEE Main Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin.
Ques. If I forget my JEE Main hall ticket, on exam day, can I get a duplicate at the exam center?
Ans. No, you cannot get a duplicate copy of the hall ticket at the exam center.
Ques. Can I obtain a JEE Main Hall Ticket from an offline source?
Ans. No, you can only download JEE Main Admit Card from the official website- jeemain.nta.nic.in
Ques. What if I can’t download my JEE Main 2021 Admit Card? What should I do?
Ans. If you are unable to download the hall ticket due to the occurrence of any error, a correction facility will be provided to correct the same. If still, the problem continues, contact the authorities immediately.
If you’re facing some technical issues regarding the download of JEE Main admit card, then you should probably restart your browser or try again after clearing the caches. If the site is crashing, then try downloading the admit card at some other hour.
Ques. If I lose my JEE Main Admit Card. What should I do?
Ans. If by some unfortunate event you happen to lose your JEE Mains Admit Card, do not worry. You can go back to the official website of JEE Main and download and reprint your admit card by logging in your candidate’s profile till the exam day.
Ques. Is there any dress code for JEE Main 2021?
Ans. There is no specific dress code for JEE Main 2021. However, it is suggested not take the following things along with you in the examination hall:
- Any electronic item (Including wristwatch)
- Any jewel or ornaments
- Full sleeves shirts/t-shirts
- Shoes (Only sandals or slippers are permitted)
Ques. What should I do if the name of my father/ mother is not exactly the same as in school records or the address mentioned in Aadhaar has been changed due to transfer or some other reason?
Ans. If these particulars are not matching with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar, the candidates should correctly fill these particulars as per school records. The present/permanent address may also be filled accordingly since CBSE does not send any communication on the candidates’ address.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.