CSAB Supernumerary Round is conducted for the candidates belonging to the union territories of Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep. Only the candidates who have a valid JEE Main Score and have not been granted a seat in any of the previous rounds can apply for these round of counsellings.
Check JEE Main 2020 Participating Colleges
|Release of Seat Matrix||August 7, 2020 |
|Registration and Choice Filling begins on||August 8, 2020 |
|Registration and Choice Filling ends on||August 9, 2020|
|Announcement of Seat Allotment||August 10, 2020|
|Reporting at Allotted Institute||August 11 – 14, 2020|
CSAB NEUT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The academic qualification and eligibility for JEE Main are also mandatory for the candidates registering for CSAB NEUT Counselling.
The minimum requirement that a candidate should attain are:-
- Students are desirous to pursue B.E/B. Tech course should have passed class 12th with Physics and Mathematics as major subjects with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subject and should have obtained at least 45% marks in each subject (40% in case of SC/ST Category).
- For B.Arch/B. Plan, students should have studied mathematics among any 5 subjects and should have scored 50% aggregate. Also, the candidates appearing for B.Arch can be asked about their NATA score so they should inquire the institution whether they demand any such additional qualification or not.
- Candidate should have been born on or after October 01 1991. However, for SC/ST students there is a relaxation of 5 years and so their birth date should be on or after October 01, 1987.
Equivalent Qualification Recognised By CSAB
Candidates appearing for CSAB NEUT Counselling must have completed 10+2 or equivalent qualification recognized as per CSAB. The qualifications considered equivalent to 10+2 by CSAB is listed below.
- Candidates should have passed an intermediate or 2-year pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final Examination of a 2-year course of the Joint Services wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior secondary examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with at least 5 subjects.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities(AIU).
Know About JosAA Counselling
CSAB NEUT 2020 Registration
The entire application process will be completed in 2 rounds and a Spot Counselling Round. Candidates have to follow the mentioned pre-allotment steps-
- Register on the official website of CSAB.
- Click on the link for CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling.
- Enter details such as Gender, State of domicile Category, PwD status, Special Benefit Claim for Nagaland, the Aggregate percentage in class 12 or equivalent marks.
- Arrange the order and preference of your choices for courses and institutes. If you fail to submit your choices then the last filled choices will be considered to be final after the last date.
- A registered candidate who fails to provide choices in the first round will not be considered for the second round of counselling.
- Submit the Choices. In case, candidates are found guilty of any misconduct, he/she will be rejected from the CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling.
Check What is the procedure of JEE Main Seat Allotment?
The seat allotment through CSAB Counselling is done in several stages. Candidates should refer to the details mentioned below to understand the entire CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling procedure.
Stage-1 Online Registration
Online Registration- First make sure you fulfill the eligibility on the basis of All India Ranks then register on the official website csab.nic.in. For Pharmacy courses, you have to register on a separate link displayed on the official website.
For online registration-
- New Candidate Registration- Visit the official website, click on Register online, Enter your JEE Main Application number, Password, and Captcha code created while applying for JEE Main 2020 exam and sign in.
- Already Registered- Enter your JEE Main Application number and password and log in.
Stage-2 Verification of Domicile and Category Certificates by State Centers, Finalization of Registration
Verification of Score Card, Admit Card, Domicile Documents all the supporting documents and Photo ID for verification purposes. Final registration of candidates is done following the Verification.
Stage-3 Online Choice filling, Saving, and Locking
Here you have to submit your choice of branches and institutions in decreasing order of your preference.
- As per your eligibility, the number of seats available and disciplines offered a list will be displayed.
- Enter as many as the number of choices you can enter in accordance with your preference.
- You can reorder your choices, edit earlier filled choices or add new choices as many times as you like before locking in your final choices.
Note: It is important to note that if you fail to submit your choices in the prescribed time your previously filled choices will be considered final. Engineering & Architecture students and Pharmacy course students have to separately fill their choices by clicking on the appropriate link.
For B.E./B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan students-
- The combined choice filling will be done for both the courses and only 1 seat will be allotted as per the preference list of the student based on his choice and merit list.
- A student can get a seat of higher preference in the second round of seat allocation if there are remaining seats. They are also required to deposit the security fee at once.
- For both the courses, candidates have to register only once, fill a single list of choices for both the courses and are advised to fill as many choices as they can be based on their priority.
- This will increase their chances of getting a seat of higher preference. Performance in both Paper-1 and Paper-2 in JEE Main 2019 will be taken into account.
- Seat Allotment will be strictly on the basis of merit list published by JEE Main and preference filled by the candidates.
For Pharmacy Students-
For pharmacy students, the registration and choice filling will be a combined process, visit the official website and,
- Registration- Click on Apply; Here you have to enter your particulars viz your full name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Complete Mailing address, Gender, State of domicile, category, PWD and percentage aggregate in class 12th.
- Uploading Documents- Upload scanned copy of documents in support of state domicile, Category (if Applicable), PwD status and DOB certificates.
- Choice Filling- Enter your choice as per your performance from the list provided. Fill in as many choices as you can as this will increase your chances of availing the vacant seat. Note that you will be able to see only those institutions in which your domicile state is applicable
- Allotment of the seats will be done the basis of class 12th percentage of the candidates.
- Locking the choices for both Engineering & Architecture and Pharmacy Streams
- For locking up your choices enter your password, confirm your locking and click on LOCK Button.
- Note that Saving a choice is not equal to locking a choice, For example, a choice that has been saved but not locked can be modified later. However, a choice saved and locked cannot be modified later on.
If you forget to lock your choices then your last saved choice will be considered as final. Take a print out of your locked choices along with the terms and conditions and sign it. You have to produce this document at the reporting time at your designated center.
Stage-4 Seat Allotment
- In this step, the choice filled by the candidate during stage 2 will be processed centrally and seat will be allotted in the order of merit as per JEE Main AIR and on the basis of candidate’s preferred choices.
- The result will be published on the of CSAB.
- Students who will be allotted seats will have to go to their Home State CSAB NEUT Reporting centers with a demand draft drawn in favor of ‘NIT Tiruchirapalli CSAB 2019 personally.
For online seat allotment, a policy will be followed according to which seat allotment will be done in 2 rounds:-
- In First round, the seat will be allotted to the candidate and the result will be displayed on the website which will include the name of the institute and branch.
- In Second Round, seats will be allocated against the available seats at the end of the first list. No fresh choice filling will be allowed in the second round, so it is advised to fill/modify the choices in the first round itself.
Note:- For SC/ST/Reserved Category students first seats will be allotted on the basis of Open seats in term of AIR but if they do not get a seat under open category then they will be considered for seats under the reserved category.
Stage-5 Reporting at the designated center in person with documents and demand draft of security deposits
Candidates who will be allotted seats will have to submit an amount of INR 3000 in form of demand draft drawn in favor of CSAB NEUT conducting authority. This amount will be considered as refundable security and will be returned to students who will not join the designated college. Entire fee of the college has to be submitted directly to the institution.
Stage-6 Reporting at the institutions personally for final admission
After the declaration of the list of seats allotted in the first round, candidates who are satisfied with their designated institution and do not wish to attend the 2nd round of seat allotment should go to their allotted college as per the admission schedule of the allotted college.
However, the candidates who wish to attend 2nd round have to wait for the release of 2nd list of seat allotment, after that they also have to go to the allotted institution in person as per their admission schedule. Candidates who will go for the second round of seat allotment, their first seat allotment letter will get rejected eventually. Check HereCSAB NEUT State Wise Category List
CSAB NEUT 2019 Reservation
Allocation of seats will be coordinated by CSAB NEUT 2020 on behalf of Ministry of Human Resource Development. Reservation of seats is decided as per the policy of the respective state/UT, at the MHRD specified Institutes. Candidates can check the state-wise category for CSAB NEUT Counselling to check their eligibility as well as the category code they should apply under.
StatesUnder CSAB-NEUT 2019 Reservation Scheme
Certain Seats in IITs/ISM/NITs/IIITs/GFTIs are reserved in the participating colleges of JEE Mains 2020 and JEE Advanced 2020 for the candidates belonging to North East Region and Union Territories. A separate counselling wing namely, CSAB NEUT Counselling is responsible for counselling of such candidates.
Candidates belonging to the following States and Union Territories are eligible for Reservation under JEE CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling. List of States considered for Reservation under CSAT NEUT is mentioned below:
|List of States Under CSAB-NEUT|
|Meghalaya||Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|Mizoram||Daman and Diu|
|Manipur||Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
It is important to note that these seats are offered separately from the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). Check Institute-wise JEE Main CSAB 2015 Cut off
Payment and Refund of Fees
As the Seat allotment procedure in CSAB NEUT counselling will be done in 2 rounds, separate lists of seats allotted will be displayed- one after the completion of the first round and the other after the second round. Candidates must register and fill their choices as per their preference for the first round.
After that, based on the candidate’s choice and performance in JEE Main (for Engineering and Architecture) and class 12th (for Pharmacy), a centralized list will be displayed.
Note that the registration and choice filled by the candidates in the first round will be applicable to the second round. Candidates do not need to register for it separately.
After the declaration of the first list, candidates who are satisfied with the allotted seat and don’t want to go for the second round will have to go to the allotted college in person as per their admission schedule along with the documents required for verification.
They must also submit a security deposit of INR 2000 in form of demand draft drawn in favor of CSAB NEUT conducting body. However, this fee is refundable and will be refunded if you do not join the allotted institution.
Commonly Asked Questions
Will my choices filled in JoSAA be carried forward or I will have to fill choices again in Special Round?
Special Round is a process conducted by CSAB 2020 only for NIT + System and is separate from JoSAA, hence a candidate will have to register again and will be required to fill-in choices again from the seat matrix of NIT + System Institutes.
Can I participate again in joint seat allocation in the next round once I reject/withdraw the allocated seat?
No. You cannot participate anymore in seat allocation for the academic year 2020-21 for 7 JoSAA rounds. However, you can participate in the Special Vacant Seat Filling Round conducted by CSAB only for NIT + System institutes.
Will there be any other round after seven JoSAA Rounds?
There will be one Special Vacant Seats Filling round after regular JoSAA rounds only for NIT + Institutes. Details of this special round will be available on the website csab.nic.in
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College