JoSAA has released JEE Main Seat Allotment Round 6 results on November 7, 2020. This year JoSAA shall conduct counselling for a total of 50,822 seats available at 110 institutes accepting JEE Main 2020 score i.e. 23 IITs, 31 NITs, IIEST Shibpur, 26 IIITs and 29 Other-GFTIs. Check JoSAA Seat Allotment Round 6 Result
JoSAA Seat Matrix 2020
JoSAA has released the information on number of seats available at IITs. NITs, IIITs and GFTIs for JEE Main 2020 candidates for the academic session 2021. Candidates can check the category wise availability of seats below:
JEE Main Seat Allotment Impotant Details
- CSAB SFTI is a separate counselling which is conducted for admission to 18 SFTIs (Self Funded Technical Institutions).
- CSAB NEUT Counselling is conducted for seats reserved in AICTE approved Institutes in India that are not covered under CSAB for the North Eastern States & Union Territories (NEUT).
- All the NITs except NIT Warangal, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra and Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur offer seats under the Home State Quota and Other State Quota.
- For Assam University, Silchar, candidates are offered seats under the Home State Quota and All India Quota. Read about JoSAA Counselling
- NIT, Warangal allocates seats under Home State Quota, Other State Quota, and Andhra Pradesh Quota.
The states and union territories with no NIT will be allocated seats in the following institutes:
|Andaman And Nicobar Islands||NIT Puducherry|
|Daman and Diu||NIT Goa|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||NIT Goa|
JEE Main 2020 Seat Allocation/ Allotment Process
- JEE Main 2020 Seat Allotment is purely based on the merit and the choices made by candidates in JoSAA and CSAB.
- Once the allotted seat is rejected, he/ she will not be allowed to participate in the further rounds of the counselling.
- After the JoSAA seat allotment, CSAB counselling will take place.
The selected candidates must follow the steps given below to participate in JEE Main 2020 Counselling:
Step 1 – Online Application
- Visit the official website of JoSAA or CSAB
- Click ‘Registration link and fill in all the required details.
- Furnish all the details carefully before finally submitting it.
- Make the required payment for counselling.
- Counselling fee can be paid via challan, debit card or credit card.
Step 2 – Choice Filling
- Fill your choice of colleges as per your preference.
- Login to your account and mark options of colleges and courses to fill the preference.
- Choose carefully and according to the merit.
- The choices made will not be changed or altered in any manner once submitted.
Step 3 – Seat Allotment, Document Verification, and Reporting
- JEE Main Seat Allotment is done on the basis of the merit list, the preferences given and reservation norms of the institute.
- Counselling will be conducted in multiple rounds and thus, seat allotment is carried out in each round.
- Report at the allotted center for document verification by the officials and reserve a seat.
- Pay the fee for the seat allotment process in time.
- Any request for getting admitted or payment of the fee after the last date will not be entertained.
- Lastly, a provisional admission letter will be issued.
JEE Main Documents Required
Candidate must report to the allotted institute with all the required documents. Failing to do so will result in cancellation of candidature.
- 3 passport size photographs
- JEE Main Admit Card
- JEE Main Rank Card
- Date of Birth proof
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Character certificate issued by the high school
- Copy of Confirmation Page
- Provisional JoSAA seat allotment letter
Know more about Documents Required for JEE Main Counselling
JEE Main 2020 Spot Counselling
- In case, there are vacant seats even after the usual rounds of counselling, then JoSAA conducts Spot Counselling for allocation of such seats.
- Candidates do not have to apply separately for the spot counselling round in JEE Main.
- Any candidate who has not been allotted any seat during usual rounds can appear for.
- Candidates who did not apply for the usual rounds of allotment can appear for Spot Counselling.
- The candidates who have missed the registration for JEE Main Counselling earlier have to register for Spot Counselling.
- Candidates who are applying fresh will have to lock the choices and make the payment of the fee before the last date.
Check JEE Main Counselling
JoSAA Dual Reporting for Seat Allotment
- According to JEE Main 2020 JoSAA, Dual Reporting is the one time chance to switch the allocated seat.
- A chance to apply again for the counselling and then fill their choices will be given to a candidate.
- Dual Reporting is reporting twice to switch the allocated seat from one institute to another.
- Candidates can dual report when they want to change the allotment from NIT + System Changes to an IIT/ ISM.
- If the candidate is allocated seat in NITs, IIITs or Other GFTIs but looking forward to confirming the allocated seat in IITs/ISM, in the next round of counselling, are required report once again at IIT/ISM Reporting Center.
- Same has to be done by candidates who wish to leave the seat in IIT/ISM, to confirm the seat allocated in NITs + System Change.
- He/she will also have to report again at the NITs + System Change Reporting Center.
- Failure to do so, the candidates will end up losing the seat in both NIT + System Change and IIT/ISM
JEE Main 2020 Seat Allotment Schedule
|JEE Main Result||Out||Sep 11, 2020|
|Announcement of JEE Advanced Result||-||Oct 5, 2020|
|Registration/choice under JoSAA Starts||10:00||Oct 6, 2020|
|AAT-specific choices starting from||10:00||Oct 11, 2020|
|Mock Seat Allocation-1||10:00||Oct 12, 2020|
|Mock Seat Allocation-2||17:00||Oct 14, 2020|
|Registration/choice filling Ends||17:00||Oct 15, 2020|
|Reconciliation of data, verification and validation of allocated seats||-||Oct 16, 2020|
|Seat Allocation Round 1||10:00||Oct 17, 2020 (Out)|
|Online Reporting||By 17:00, Oct 19, 2020||Oct 17 – 19, 2020|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 1)||17:00||Oct 20, 2020|
|Display of seats filled/ availability status||10:00||Oct 21, 2020|
|Seat Allocation Round 2||17:00|
|Online Reporting||By 17:00, Oct 23, 2020||Oct 22 – 23, 2020|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 2)||17:00||Oct 24, 2020|
|Withdrawal of seat / Exit from seat allocation process (Round 2)||By 17:00, Oct 24, 2020||Oct 22- 24, 2020|
|Display of seats filled/ availability status||10:00||Oct 26, 2020|
|Seat Allocation Round 3||17:00|
|Online Reporting||By 17:00, Oct 28, 2020||Oct 27 – 28, 2020|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 3)||17:00||Oct 29, 2020|
|Withdrawal of seat / Exit from seat allocation process (Round 3)||By 17:00, Oct 29, 2020||Oct 27 – 29, 2020|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||10:00||Oct 30, 2020|
|Seat Allocation Round 4||17:00|
|Online Reporting||By 17:00, Nov 1, 2020||Oct 31 – Nov 1, 2020|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 4)||By 17:00||Nov 2, 2020|
|Withdrawal of seat / Exit from seat allocation process (Round 4)||By 17:00, Nov 2, 2020||Oct 31 – Nov 2, 2020|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||10:00||Nov 3, 2020|
|Seat Allocation Round 5||17:00|
|Online Reporting||By 17:00, Nov 5, 2020||Nov 4 – 5, 2020|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 5)||By 17:00||Nov 6, 2020|
|Notification of the decision on seat confirmation for Round 5||By 20:00|
Withdrawal of seat / Exit from seat allocation process
Last round for seat withdrawal / Exit option (Round 5)
|By 24:00||Nov 4 – 6, 2020|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||10:00||Nov 7, 2020|
|Seat Allocation (Round 6: FINAL ROUND for IITs)||17:00|
Online reporting (For IITs only)
|By 17:00, Nov 8, 2020||Nov 8, 2020|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 6) (FINAL ROUND for IITs)||By 17:00||Nov 9, 2020|
|Admission Process||By 17:00, Nov 12, 2020||Nov 9 -13, 2020 (for NIT+ system)|
JoSAA 2019 Seat Matrix
Here is the JoSAA seat matrix for the previous year, candidates can get the idea
|Open – PWD||962||146||91||442||283|
|SC – PWD||343||43||43||160||97|
|ST – PWD||197||21||14||108||54|
|OBC – PWD||566||59||66||272||169|
|Total Seats (including Female Supernumerary)||38704||5635||4449||17452||11168|
JEE Main Seat Allotment FAQs
Ques.Can I participate in the seat allotment in further rounds without accepting the currently offered seat?
Ans. It is advised to not fill-in the choices for the courses that you are not interested. In case, you do not accept the seat, you will be out from the seat allotment procedure and will not be able to participate in further JoSAA rounds. Such candidates can participate in CSAB Special Round (conducted only for NITs, IIITs & GFTIs).
Ques.I got a seat in the first round of allotment. Due to some unavoidable reason, I will not be able to accept the seat at this moment. Can I accept the same seat later?
Ans. No, it is necessary to report in person and accept the seat in the respective seat acceptance period of the round. Failing to do so will result in losing the seat and will be out of seat allotment process in JoSAA. However, such candidates can participate in CSAB Special Round.
Ques. I am from Bhopal and I have been offered a seat in an IIT. Can I report at the RC at NIT Bhopal for accepting the seat?
Ans. No, anyone who is offered a seat in an IIT must report at any of the 17 reporting centers of IITs. The list is available on the JoSAA portal.
Ques.What is the meaning of dual reporting in JEE Main?
Ans. If you have accepted an NIT seat in the previous round and your seat is now upgraded to an IIT, then you have to report at an RC of IITs and accept the seat. Otherwise, you will lose both the seats. Similarly, if a candidate’s seat is changed from an IIT to an NIT, he has to report at an RC of NIT to accept the seat.
Ques. Will there be a spot counselling round for NITs/IIITs/Other-GFTIs?
Ans. No, there is no spot round. But, there will be a special round for NITs/IIITs/Other-GFTIs only after all the 7 rounds of seat allocation are over. This would involve new choice filling where all candidates (including those who are already admitted, non-admitted and those who did not fill choices earlier) can fill-in their choices.
Ques. Is JoSAA responsible for seat matrix data?
Ans. No, JoSAA is not responsible for the seat matrix data. The authority only allocates seats as per the seat matrix data provided by the participating institutes.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.