NEET 2022 or National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test is the only exam for admission in MBBS, BDS, AYUSH courses offered by government medical colleges of India. NEET 2022 official notification is expected in the month of November 2021. All the important details like NEET 2022 Exam Date, application date, etc will be released along with an official notification.
NEET is conducted every year in pen-paper mode and admission in medical colleges granted under 15% AIQ and 85% State quota seats. NEET qualifying percentile is fixed for all the categories i.e. 50 for GN, 45 for GN-PWD, 40 for ST/SC/PWD, however, the qualifying marks vary every year for each category.
NEET Latest Updates:
Soon after the conclusion of NEET 2021 the authority will start the counselling process. Read the article to know more about how to apply for NEET 2022, Preparation Plan for NEET 2022, and much more.
NEET 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name, Frequency, and Validity of NEET||NEET is once a year with the score validity for upcoming academic session only|
|Conducting Authority & Official website of NEET||Conducted by National Testing Agency NTA, official website is ntaneet.nic.in|
|Candidates Register for NEET||Approximately 16 Lakh aspirants|
|NEET Cut off percentile||UR - 50, SC/ST/OBC - 40, UR PWD - 45|
|Admission through NEET||Admission in MBBS, BDS, AYUSH courses under 15% AIQ seats & 85% State Quota seats|
NEET 2022 Exam Dates
|Events related to NEET examination||Tentative Dates|
|Application form release date||November 2021|
|Last date to apply for the application form||December 2021|
|Last date to submit the fees for the Application Form||December 2021|
|Correction Window shall open||Jan 2022|
|Admit Card Release date||April 2022|
|Exam date||May 2022|
|Result announcement date||June 2022|
|Counselling date for the selected candidates||July – August 2022|
NEET 2022 Eligibility, Application & Admit Card
NEET Eligibility Criteria need to be fulfilled by candidates in order to appear for the exam without which the candidature of the candidates might get cancelled.
- There is no age limit to appear in the NEET 2022 examination. However, till 31st Dec 2022, the minimum age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years.
- Candidates must have passed or appearing for Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology PCB as their main subjects.
- Indian citizens, NRI, OCI, etc are eligible to apply for NEET 2022.
NEET 2022 Application Form
- All the respective students who are aspiring to appear in the NEET 2022 can apply for the same through the online mode.
- Generally, the application forms are out three-four months before the commencement of the examination. Therefore, in this case, application forms are expected to be released by the month of December 2021.
- Multiple applications for the same candidate will not be accepted and entertained by the authorities.
- All the candidates are supposed to pay the application fees of Rs. 1400 /- only after the completion of filling the application form.
NEET 2022 Admit Cards
- NEET 2022 admit cards carries all the necessary details like subject codes, roll number of the student, venue, and date and time for the examination.
- The student is expected to carry their NEET admit card along with them at the examination center. Entry without the admit card shall be prohibited.
- Soft copies of the NEET examination admit card are usually rejected. Therefore, students should carry the printed admit card for better safety and reassurance.
NEET 2022 Preparation Plan
Some tips and tricks are mentioned below which you can follow during the initial stage of preparation to avoid stress.
- Diagrams and flowcharts – The preparation of the topics require the proper implementation of the concepts. And this could be done easily through the diagrams and the flow charts and will further help in clearing the concepts and enhancing the learning process. For instance, the circuit diagrams or the electronic configurations would be easy to understand through the formation of the diagrams.
- Chapter wise analysis - While reading the NCERTs of classes 11th and 12th, always make sure to read chapters chronologically. For instance, chapter one of Physics will help you to easily understand chapter 2 of the book.
- Analysis of Diagrams - Everyone goes through the diagrams but in order to get selection immediately always follow a trick of using a pen or pencil to virtually outline the given diagram in order to feed it in your mind because sometimes merely seeing the diagram does not help you to recall it during the exams.
- Keywords and mnemonics - Always remember that while studying and a theoretical portion of Biology, Physics, and Chemistry, note down the keywords like biological names of flowers, organisms, and creatures in a sticky note, along with this you can also note down the biological process and their details in a line. For instance, photosynthesis: related to plants and then paste these notes on the wall of your room to see and remember them frequently. For Physics, the formulas related to every topic can be written to save them in the mind.
|NEET Previous Year Question Papers||Best Books for NEET Preparation||Study Plan and Timetable for NEET|
What is NEET Exam Pattern 2022?
NEET Exam Pattern consists of 180 questions from many different subjects. Awareness of the candidates about the NEET exam pattern would help them to secure more marks easily.
- NEET exam can be given by the candidates in any of the preferred 11 languages like English/ Hindi/ Urdu, Telugu, Bengali, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Marathi, Assamese, and Oriya.
- NEET is an offline examination that is a pen and paper-based entrance exam and according to the expected time, it will be held in May 2022.
- Each question in NEET carries a maximum of four marks.
- The maximum time period for this exam will be 3 hours.
- Chemistry, Physics, Botany, and Zoology, are the subjects for which the candidates will get questions in the NEET exam.
- For every wrong answer, the negative marking will be 1 mark per answer.
Chapter Wise NEET 2022 Syllabus
It is very essential for all the aspirants to be thorough with NEET Syllabus. This would further help them to be precise with their study pattern. And most importantly, being thorough with the syllabus would help in fetching marks in NEET.
Difficulty Level of Previous Year NEET Exams
Number of questions from every subject as per the difficulty level NEET examination held in 2020
|Easy: 25||Easy: 14||Easy: 26|
|Moderate: 16||Moderate: 22||Moderate: 32|
|Difficult: 4||Difficult: 9||Difficult: 33|
Number of questions from every subject as per the difficulty level NEET examination held in 2019
|Easy: 20||Easy: 28||Easy: 65|
|Moderate: 16||Moderate: 16||Moderate: 18|
|Difficult: 9||Difficult: 1||Difficult: 7|
|NEET Coaching Centers in Bangalore||NEET Coaching Centers in Delhi|
|NEET Coaching Centers in Mumbai||NEET Coaching Centers in Kolkata|
NEET Cut Off 2022
Candidates can check NEET cut off for the 2020 session of the previous year in the table below:
|Group/Category||Original cut off percentile in 2020||Original cut off score in 2020||Revised cut off percentile in 2020||Lowered cut off score in 2020|
NEET 2022 Reservation Criteria
The reservation of seats is provided in the terms of age relaxations and relaxation in the cut–off marks of the SC, ST, and OBC candidates.
|Reserved Categories||Percentage of reservation of seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non – Creamy layer||27%|
NEET 2022 FAQs
Q1. Will NEET 2022 syllabus be reduced due to COVID-19?
Ans. As of now, there is no such announcement has been made. Any new changes in NEET 2022 syllabus (if made for 2022) will be updated instantly on the official website of the NEET examination.
Q2. Will there be any Change in Exam Pattern of NEET UG 2022?
Ans. There is no change in exam pattern of NEET 2022 and will remain the same as the previous NEET examinations. Although, due to increasing cases of covid, NTA may conduct NEET 2022 in computer-based mode, like JEE Main. All the updates regarding the NEET examination and changes related to it will be updated on its official website and will be seen in news channels.
Q3. Should I take the Coaching for NEET 2022?
Ans. Yes, you should join coaching for NEET 2022. Coaching gives you great exposure to quality teaching, questions, and the tests conducted on the basis of NEET exam pattern. It will help you in staying confident to crack NEET 2022. Also, the coachings are properly experienced ones, thus, encouraging students through proper guidance and techniques to qualify for the examination.
Q4. Can a 12th pass-out candidate appear directly in NEET examination?
Ans. Yes, the students who have just passed out from the 12th standard are eligible to appear in NEET entrance examination. Although, the level of their preparation decides if they want to appear in NEET soon after qualifying 12th standard or they want to take a year drop out to strengthen their preparation.
Q5. In which colleges admission is given to the qualified candidates of the NEET entrance examination?
Ans. The qualified candidates are eligible to get admission in the AIIMS, JIPMER, and various other medical colleges of Inida.
Q6. How many total questions are there in the NEET examination?
Ans. 180 questions are there in total carrying different marks allocation
Q7. What are the main subjects focused upon in the NEET examination?
Ans. All the questions are divided into Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the entire paper.
Q8. What are the maximum marks?
Ans. 720 marks are the maximum out of which candidates have to score.
Q9. What were the safety provisions provided by the NTA for the NEET examination?
Ans. For maintaining proper social distancing this time the exam centers were increased from 2546 to 3843 and all other safety instruments like sanitizer and masks were made compulsory.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.