JEE Main 2020 Registrations ended on October 10, 2019. While registering for the JEE Main 2020 exam, candidates had to make sure of every detail is correct and uploaded images are as per the format.
Latest Update: JEE Main January session successfully commenced on January 6, 2020. B.E/ B.Tech Papers are scheduled for 7-9 January, 2020 in two shifts per day. Read JEE Main Paper Analysis Here
JEE Main Answer Key will be released soon after the exam is conducted.
JEE Main 2020 Photo Correction Steps
- Visit the official site of JEE Main 2020.
- Click on the “Remove Image Discrepancy” link.
- Candidates can login to their application page using their application form number and password.
- Rectify the photo as per NTA specifications and click on “submit”
Read on to know about JEE Main Photo specifications, Signature size (candidate and father/mother/ guardian) and samples.The guidelines for scanning and uploading as specified by NTA must be followed by candidates. The applications will be rejected if a candidate fails to follow the given instructions.
Reasons for JEE Main 2020 Image Correction
The correction in uploaded images will be required if:
- The photo is blurred
- The image is not as per specifications
- The background is not acceptable
- The spectacles worn by the candidate have shown a red eye
- Signature is not clear
- Signature is in capitals
- Image of signature is not as per specifications
JEE Main Photo Specifications
While filling up the JEE Main registration form, a scanned image of candidate, signature and father’s/ mother’s/ guardian’s signature has to be uploaded during the submission of the application form. Make sure to keep them ready. The JEE photo specifications details are as follows:
- Recent passport size color or black/white photo with candidate's name and date of taking that picture printed on it as shown below:
- However, pictures without date and name will also be accepted.
- The picture should have been clicked against a light-colored, preferably white background.
- Applicant should be looking straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken using a flash make sure that there's no "red-eye".
- Spectacles are allowed, but make sure that there are no reflections and the eyes can be seen clear.
- Hats, caps and dark glasses are not acceptable, only religious headwear is allowed, but it must not cover your face.
Note: Candidates may keep 6-8 identical photographs in reserve for use at the time of entrance examination, Seat Allocation Process and Admission.
JEE Main Photo Sample
|JEE Main Photo Specifications|
|Dimensions||3.5cm X 4.5cm|
|File Size||10kb - 200kb|
Note: If the size of the file is more than 200Kbs, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the no. of color’s, DPI resolution, etc., during the process of scanning.
JEE Main Signature Specifications
Along with the photograph, applicants are also required to attach scanned images of their signature and their father’s/mother’s/guardian’s signature. Listed below are the essential specifications of JEE Main Signature Specifications:
- Signature has to be done on a white paper with a black ink pen.
- It must be signed only by the applicant and father/mother/guardian (separately) & not by any other person.
- The applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet at the time of examination and on the call letter should match the uploaded signature. In case of any mismatch, they will be disqualified.
|JEE Main Signature Specifications|
|Dimension||3.5cm X 1.5cm|
|File Size||4KB – 30KB|
Download JEE Main Practice Papers
Do’s and Don’ts for JEE Main - Photo and Signature
There are a few things that a candidate must keep in mind while appearing for JEE Main 2020.
- During the examination, applicants should sign in the presence of invigilator, across the photograph.
- Students must bring additional copies of the submitted passport size photographs, clearly depicting the image with proper colors.
- The photograph should not have a cap/hat or sunglasses.
- Spectacles are allowed only if being regularly used.
- Polaroid photos are not acceptable.
- Upload your signature and your guardian’s signature in the appropriate box provided in JEE Main Application Form in running handwriting.
- Writing full name in capital letters in the given box will NOT be accepted as the signature. Doing so can also lead to the cancellation of the application form.
The correction form is only accessible to the candidate who has made the payment so make sure to submit the application form and make the payment.
Scanning the Photograph & Signature for JEE Main
While scanning the required photograph and signatures for JEE Main 2020, students must keep in mind the following points.
- Set the resolution of the scanner to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch) and also set color to true color.
- File size should be as specified above.
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the signature/photograph. Then by using the upload-editor, crop the image to the final size (as mentioned above).
- The image file for both signature and photograph should be in JPEG format. An example file name is image01.jpeg.
- Candidates can check Image dimensions by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Office/MS Windows can easily obtain signature and photo in .jpeg format by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager.
- If the file size, dimensions, and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
- While registering online, candidates will be provided with a link to upload their photographs and signatures.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
- Two separate links will be there for uploading photograph and signature.
- Click on the link "Upload Photograph / Signature".
- Click on Browse and select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved.
- Select the respective file by clicking on it.
- Select the 'Upload' option, and press enter.
Guidelines to attach photograph in JEE Main Application Form
During JEE Main Registration, candidates tend to make errors while choosing the photograph. They often upload images that are not in accordance with the specified instructions and hence, such images get disqualified. Here are some of the common mistakes that candidates can commit:
- The uploaded photo should be clicked by a professional camera. Avoid using a mobile phone’s camera to click a picture as the image of the face gets distorted. The photograph’s background should be white.
- For a clear image, the applicant must look straight into the camera making eye contact. Also, avoid wearing muffler/scarf as it may cover your face. In the photograph, the face must be covering more than 75% of the total area.
- Photo having a shadow on the face, which is quite unclear, will not be accepted. Candidate’s face should be clearly visible in the photograph. Also, make sure that the uploaded image is not of poor digital resolution (100 x 75).
- Wearing spectacles in the photo is acceptable for candidates having eyesight problems, but avoid wearing tinted glasses or sunglasses in the photo. The photo with light or too much glare on the spectacles will not be accepted.
Note: The uploaded images not meeting the mentioned photo requirements can be changed during JEE Main Form Correction. Candidates can edit the photograph by uploading an appropriate photo in the application form and submit the form again. The submitted application form will immediately reflect the changes.