- The international applicants should mandatorily undertake JEE Main examination in order to get admission into various undergraduate courses across 23 prestigious Indian Institute of Technologies (IIT’s) of India.
- In each and every course of IIT, seats for international applicants are capped at 10% of the total number of seats.
- The international applicants appearing for JEE Main exam can also seek admission in National Institute of Technologies (NIT’s), Indian Institute of Information Technologies (IIIT’s) and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI’s).
- Every year, on an average 150 international applicants appear for JEE Main Examination in the foreign centers.
- In 2020, due to coronavirus related restrictions imposed on foreign travel and visa, JEE Main exam took place only in India and not at any foreign centers.
Also Read:JEE Main College Predictor
JEE Main 2021 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
|Age limit||The candidates should be born on or after October 1, 1995.|
|Number of Attempts||The candidates can give JEE Main exam twice in consecutive years|
|Class 12||In the year 2019 or 2020, the international applicant should have appeared/graduated in either Class 12 or equivalent exam for the first time|
|Admission into B Tech/BE course||The candidates should secure at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Admission into B. Arch Course||The candidates should secure at least 50% in 5 subjects. One of the subject should be Mathematics|
Must Read:NTA to resume its Helpdesk Services
OTHER EQUIVALENT QUALIFYING EXAMS CONSIDERED FOR ELIGIBILITY
Apart from the basic eligibility criteria that both Indian and international applicants are required to possess ie., Class 12 from a central or state recognized university or institute with 50% aggregate in 5 subjects. The other equivalent qualifying exams considered for eligibility of the candidates are as follows :
- Final exam of 10+2 system should be conducted by recognized central or state board like Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi or Council for Indian School Certificate Exam, Delhi etc.
- Final exam of Joint Services Wing, 2 year course of National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Exam with 5 subjects conducted by NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling).
- 3 year duration Diploma recognized by AICTE or State Board of technical education.
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Exam.
- Public school/Board/University exam recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) either in India or foreign.
- Advanced General Certificate of Education exam in either of the locations ie London, Cambridge, Sri Lanka.
Must Read: IIT JEE or SAT- Which one is easier?
JEE Main 2021 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NRI, OCI, FOREIGN NATIONALS
|Category of Candidates||Eligibility Criteria|
- The candidates should be appearing for or have graduated 10+2 system or equivalent exam.
- The candidates should have 5 subjects in Class 12 or equivalent exam with language, physics, Math papers and any one of the Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology and Vocational Paper.
- The candidates should have secured 75% marks in Class 12 or equivalent exam. For SC and ST candidates, it is relaxed to 65% marks in Class 12.
- These candidates are not considered under General Quota for admission.
- These candidates cannot avail reservations even though their parents belong to SC, ST or OBC categories.
- Foreign nationals need not appear for JEE Main exam to get admission in IIT. They can directly appear for JEE Advanced exam
JEE Main 2021 APPLICATION PROCESS
JEE Main application process for Indian Nationals and international applicants are similar. Few Exceptions in the application process are as follows:
- Foreign Nationals/PIO/OCI/Nepal/Bhutan candidates need not fill the column “Select the State, School/College/NIOS Study centre” from where they have passed or are appearing for Class 12 exams.
- If the foreign national has completed Class 12 from outside India and doesn’t belong to Foreign/PIO/OCI/Nepal/Bhutan category then the candidates should fill the “Select State” as mentioned in the passport.
- Candidates belonging to Foreign/PIO/OCI/Nepal/Bhutan should select “Other” against the field “Board Name”.
- The candidates should mark the Nationality column as either OCL/PIO/Foreign or Other than PIO/OCI.
- If the candidates come under NRI category then they are required to enter their Aadhar number. If the candidate has not received their Aadhar number yet, then they can enter the enrollment ID of Aadhar.
JEE Main 2021 REGISTRATION FEE
The below table mentions JEE Main registration fees that the international applicants need to pay in order to apply for the exam. This registration fee is applicable for the candidates undertaking the exam in both Indian and International centers.
|Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 75|
|Candidates from Non SAARC countries||USD 150|
MODE OF REGISTRATION FEE PAYMENT
The international applicants should pay the registration or application fee through only online mode via :
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Net banking
JEE Main 2021 EXAM CENTER LIST (Outside India)
- JEE Main 2021 exam will be conducted either in Online or Offline mode.
- The mode of the exam will depend on the specific center chosen by the candidates.
- The international applicant gets JEE Main exam centers based on the preferences filled in the JEE Main application form.
Here are the list of foreign centers that a candidate can choose from :
|Foreign Center||Mode of Exam|
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED BY INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
International applicants are required to present certain documents as identification proof while applying for admission into IITs of India. The documents required are as follows :
- Foreign Passport
- Citizenship Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Student Visa for Undergraduate course (or) No Objection certification issued by Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Residential permit granted for studies in India or Student visa for the entire duration of the course.
JEE Main 2021 ADMIT CARD
- After the completion of the registration process JEE Main 2021 admit cards will be made available for the candidates.
- The international applicants need to enter their login credentials on NTA portal for JEE Main and JEE Advanced website for JEE Advanced exam in order to download a hard copy of their admit card.
- The admit card contains the details of examination data, time and exam center.
For Indian nationals and other candidates belonging to NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign nationals, the JEE Main exam will be held on the same day. Though, the international applicants give the exam in a foreign center, they are required to report to the exam center as per Indian Standard Time only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. Should foreign nationals give the JEE Main exam to get admission in IITs ?
Ans. No, foreign nationals need not give the JEE Main exam. Instead, they can directly apply for JEE Advanced.
Ques. How many times in a year will the JEE Main entrance exam be conducted ?
Ans. JEE Main exam will be conducted twice in a year. The candidates can choose to appear in either one or both the exams.