Foreign nationals who wish to take admission to undergraduate programs (B.Tech/Dual Degree) in various IITs need to appear in JEE Main to be conducted
Foreign candidates should have passed 10+2 examination with 50% aggregate in 5 subjects. JEE Main Application Process is same as that for Indian Nationals except for certain sections in educational qualification. Eligibility criteria is the same for both Indian and international applicants. However, it is important to have scored marks / grades equivalent to the required percentage from a board recognized by AIU.
The basic eligibility for JEE Main 2020 exam is class 12 from a center or state recognized univerisity. Although there are other equivalent qualifying exams considered for eligibility in the JEE Main Exams.
- The final examination of 10 + 2 system, conducted by any recognized Central / State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Final examination of the two – year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy (NDA).
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any public school / board / university examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10 + 2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least a 3 year duration.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) examination (London/ Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- 8 JEE Main Exam Centers can be chosen from outside India.
- Documents required by foreign nationals include- Visa, Passport, Residential Permit.
Application Process for Foreign Candidates
The application process for foreign nationals is similar to that of Indian Nationals. However, there are exceptions as well.
- The field “Select the State, your School/ College/NIOS Study Centre located from where class 12th /Qualifying Examination passed/appearing” is not to be filled by candidates of Nepal/Bhutan/PIO/OCI/Foreign Nationals
- The field ”Select State mentioned on your passport” is to be filled only if the candidate has passed class 12th from outside India and does not belongs to Nepal/Bhutan/Foreign/OCI/PIO.
- Select Other against the field “Board Name” if you belong to Nepal/Bhutan/PIO/OCI/Foreign Nationals
- In “Nationality” column,mark OCI/PIO/Foreign-other than PIO, OCI.
Read More About JEE Main Application Form
Application Fee For Foreign Applicants
Candidates have option to choose their examination either in India or outside India. The application fee for the exam centre outside India will be different form exam center in India
|Examination Center Opted||Appearing Papers||Offline Mode Exam||Online Mode Exam|
|-||Paper Type||General/OBCs (Male Candidates) (INR)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls (INR)||General/OBCs (INR)||SC/ST/PWD/Girls (INR)|
|FOREIGN||Either Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
Note: The application fee can be paid through the online mode only.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Foreign nationals planning to appear in JEE Main 2019 have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria before filling the Application form.
- Born on or after October 1,1993
- Should have passed qualifying exam in 2016 or 2017. Candidates appearing in qualifying exam in 2019 are also eligible.
- For admission to B.Tech/BE course- should have secured at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).
- For admission to B.Arch course- should secure at least 50% aggregate in 5 subjects with Mathematics as a subject.
Know JEE Main Eligibility
JEE Main 2019 Exam Center (Outside India)
Based on the choices filled by a candidate in JEE Main Application Form, the exam center will be allotted. Following is the list of exam center outside India, from which a candidate can choose his preference. Also the Mode of examination (Online/offline) is also discussed below.
|City||Pen and Paper Based Exam||Computer Based Exam|
- Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B.Planning) will be conducted in the first week of April 2019 in Pen and Paper mode only, also in Colombo, Kathmandu and Singapore
- Foreign Nationals can also choose Exam Center within India if they are appearing/passed class 12 from an institute in India.
Read More About JEE Main Exam Centers
Documents required by Foreign Nationals
There are certain documents which must be presented by the applicants from outside India.
- Valid Foreign passport
- Student VISA For undergraduate program or No Objection Certificate (candidates from restricted countries) from the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Valid residential permit in India granted for studies or a Student Visa for the prescribed duration of the concerned program.