While appearing for JEE Main you need to follow certain guidelines and instructions, to make sure that your examination goes smoothly. These guidelines and instructions give a brief outline of the things you need to ensure before and during the JEE Main examination. JEE Main 2018 will be conducted by CBSE on April 8 in offline and on April 15 & 16 in online mode.
JEE Main 2018 Dress Code
JEE Main 2018 Dress Code – Every aspiring candidate must be searching “what is the dress code for JEE Main 2018 or what should I wear on the exam day”. Well, there are certain rules that must be followed and JEE Main is one of the major engineering entrance exams.
CBSE has not specified any dress code for JEE Main 2018 exam. While for JEE Advanced (2017 & 2016), a dress code was specified for the students. So, appearing students can wear whatever they wish and comfortable in. Here, we have enlisted some key details on JEE Main 2018 dress code:
- Do not wear anything with too many pockets.
- Do not wear jewellery.
- Wear simple, clothes without accessories.
- Preferably wear t-shirt and jeans, or top/kurti with leggings.
What to Wear On JEE Main 2018 Exam Day?
There is no such dress code for JEE Main 2018 aspirants defined by CBSE (exam conducting body), but we have provided the dress codes for the students which they can wear comfortably and confidently on the exam day:
- For Boys: Wear Shirt/T-shirt & Jeans/Trousers along with Floaters/Slippers.
- For Girls: Wear Top or T-shirt & Jeans or Leggings/Salwar along with floaters/Slippers or flat footwear.
- No high heels or shoes.
Avoid Wearing These on Exam Day
Given below are the list of prohibited dress materials/things as they were not allowed in JEE Advanced 2016:
- Students are restricted to wear full sleeves shirts and kurtas
- Brooches and heavy jewellery are not allowed
- Shoes and high heels are not allowed
- Watches and writing pad
What is the need for Dress Code?
NEET is the only entrance exam which has some strict rules on dress code. Both the exams- JEE Main and NEET are conducted by CBSE and this makes students nervous about their entrance test. If you are wearing the customary dress/heavy dress, it makes guards very difficult to body frisk during checking for the exam.
How to fill JEE Main 2018 Question Booklet & OMR Sheet?
Candidates appearing for JEE Main 2018 in the offline mode must keep a note about the following points about the JEE Main 2018 OMR sheet.
- Ten minutes prior to the commencement of the exam, candidates will be given sealed test booklet with an answer sheet placed inside it
- After receiving the test booklet, candidates have to fill in the required particulars on the cover page of the test booklet with blue/black ball point pen.
- Five minutes before the commencement of the paper, candidates will be asked to open the seal of the test booklet. The answer sheet will be inside the booklet.
- The candidates should also verify the serial number and series of the Test Booklet with the serial number and series of OMR sheet.
- In case of any variation, the Test Booklet and OMR sheet should be immediately returned to the invigilator for the replacement
- Candidates must ensure to write particulars with blue/black ball point pen on both the sides of the answer sheet.
- Candidates must not remove any pages from the test booklet. Candidates found involved in such activities will be liable for criminal action
How to Mark Responses in JEE Main 2018 OMR answer sheet?
While marking response in the OMR sheet, candidates must keep the following points in mind:
- Out of the four alternatives for each question, candidates must darken only one circle for the correct answer.
- Candidates must use blue/black ball point pen to mark their responses in the answer booklet.
- The marked responses should be dark and completely fill the circle.
- Use of pencil in marking the response is strictly prohibited.
- A lightly or faintly darkened circle will be considered as a wrong method of marking and it will be rejected by the optical scanner during the evaluation process.
- Candidates must be careful at the time of marking the response as once marked, it cannot be changed.
- Also, the use of eraser or whitener on the answer sheet is not permissible.
- Candidates are not allowed to do any rough work on the answer sheet. The rough work must be done in the test booklet.
Guidelines for JEE Main 2018
- Immediately on the receipt of Admit Card please check carefully for your name, paper, date of birth, gender, test centre name, city, state code of eligibility and category. If you find any mistake you need to immediately get in touch with JEE Main office for necessary correction.
- Note that the Admit Card issued to you shall be provisional and shall be subject to your satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- If you are appearing for Aptitude Test in Architecture, you should carry your own geometry box, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons.
- Remember to carry with you clipboard so that you do not have any difficulty in filling responses in the answer sheet if the table doesn't have a smooth surface.
- Carry at least two (2) good quality black/blue ball point pens.
- You should carry with you a copy of the document (as per following applicable criteria) on the day of your JEE Main - 2018 and submit the same to the invigilator at the examination centre. You have to write Roll No. of JEE Main Examination on the copy of the document being submitted in support of class 12th/Qualifying examination.
|Applicable Criteria to Candidates||Copy of Document required to be brought and|
submitted to the invigilator at the Centre after
writing JEE Main Roll No. on it.
|Candidates, who qualified in class 12th /|
qualifying Examination in 2016 or 2017, and
have not opted for improvement of performance in 2018.
|Copy of their Final marks- sheet/ marks statement of Class 12th /|
Qualifying Examination of the year 2016 or 2017.
|Candidates, who qualified in class 12th /|
qualifying Examination in 2016 or 2017, and
have opted for improvement of performance
in 2018 in all subjects.
|Copy of their Admit card/Hall ticket for improvement of performance|
in Class 12th /Qualifying Examination 2018.
|Candidates, who are appearing in class 12th /|
qualifying examination in 2018.
|Copy of their Admit card/Hall ticket for class 12th/Qualifying|
This is in addition to the candidates bringing their Admit Card for JEE Main 2018.
The examination hall will open 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam. A seat indicating Roll no. will be allocated to each candidate. You should find out and occupied your allocated seat only. If you are found to have changed your seat your candidature may be cancelled.
- You will not be allowed to carry any bag inside the examination centre.
- Smoking and Eating is not permitted in the Examination Hall.
- Tea, cold drinks, coffee and snacks are also not allowed to be taken inside the Examination Room.
- You are also not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written materials, bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except the Admit Card, identity proof, document as required inside the Examination Hall. If you are found in possession of any of the above items, it will be treated as resorting to unfair means and your current examination will be cancelled, you will be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized.
- You should take your seat immediately on the opening of the examination hall. If you do not report in time you may miss some of the general instructions that may be announced in the examination hall.
- You would not be allowed to enter the examination hall after the commencement of examination.
- You should show your Admit Card on demand. If you do not possess the Admit Card, you would not be permitted to write the examination.
- Ten minutes before the commencement of the exams, you will be given sealed Test Booklet with an Answer Sheet placed inside it. You need to fill in the required particulars on the cover page of the Test Booklet immediately with Ball Point Pen. Please do not open the Test Booklet or break open the seal till you are asked to do so.
- You shall not leave your seat or Examination room until the full duration of the paper.
- You should handover the answer sheet to the invigilator on duty before leaving the examination room.
Instructions for JEE Main 2018
- You should sign twice on the attendance sheet at the appropriate place - firstly on the commencement of the examination and secondly at the time of handing over the answer sheet to the invigilator. You should also be required to put your left-hand thumb impression on the attendance sheet.
- When you are asked to break open the seal of the Test Booklet, please take out the answer sheet carefully. You should check that the test booklet code printed on Side-2 of the answer sheet is the same as printed in the test booklet. if you find any discrepancy, you should immediately report to the invigilator and get both the test booklet and the answer sheet replaced.
- You should also check the test booklet contains those many pages as are written on the top of the first page of the test booklet.
- You should also verify the serial number and series of the test booklet with the serial number and series of the OMR sheet. In case you find any discrepancy the test booklet and OMR sheet should be immediately returned for replacement with another set of the same series.
- You should write particulars with blue/black point pen on both the sides of the answer sheet. You should not use the pencil.
- You should wait for the instructions by the invigilator for commencing the exam. The test will be of 3 hours duration.
- The paper will have 3 parts, carrying equal weightage - Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and all questions would carry equal marks.
- Each question will be allotted four marks for the correct response. One-fourth marks, i.e. one mark shall be deducted for each incorrect response. However, there will be no deduction if there is no response indicated for a question.
- All the questions shall be of single correct type MCQs, i.e. there will be one correct response for each question out of four options given.
- The invigilator will also put his/her signature in the place provided in the answer sheet on side-1.
JEE Main 2018 is a qualifying platform for nearly 2,24,000 students to JEE Advanced. This year, IITs have increased 4000 seats, hence making it easier for more candidates to qualify for JEE Advanced and aspire for their dream college.