NTA has set guidelines and rules for candiidates taking JEE Main 2020. Students are advised to obey the guidelines to save their time and energy and evade from any indisciplinary issues. Diabetic students are allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets, Banana, Apples and Oranges and transparent water bottle but not packed food.
JEE Main 2020 Dress Code
There are certain rules that must be followed while going for JEE Main 2020 examination.
NTA has not specified any dress code for JEE Main. So, appearing students can wear whatever they wish and comfortable in. Here, we have suggested some details for JEE Main 2020 dress code:
- Do not wear anything with too many pockets.
- Do not wear jewelry.
- Wear simple, clothes without accessories.
- Preferably wear t-shirt and jeans, or top/kurti with leggings.
Guidelines for JEE Main 2020
- Please check carefully your name, paper, date of birth, gender, test centre name, city, state code of eligibility and category on the admit card. If you find any mistake you need to get in touch with JEE Main office for necessary correction.
- Note that, JEE Main Admit Card issued to you shall be provisional and shall be subject to your satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- If you are appearing for Aptitude Test in Architecture, you should carry your own geometry box, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons.
- Remember to carry clipboard with you so that you do not face any difficulty in filling responses in the answer sheet if the table doesn't have a smooth surface.
- Carry at least two (2) good quality black/blue ball point pens.
- You should carry a copy of the given documents on the day of your JEE Main - 2019 and submit the same to the invigilator at the examination centre. You have to write your Roll No. on the copy of the documents being submitted in support of class 12th/Qualifying examination.
|Candidates who have qualified class 12th /|
qualifying Examination in 2017 or 2018, and
have not opted for improvement of performance in 2020.
|Copy of your Final marksheet/ marks statement of Class 12th /|
Qualifying Examination of the year 2018 or 2019.
|Candidates who have quailified class 12th /|
qualifying Examination in 2018 or 2019, and
have opted for improvement of performance
in 2020 in all subjects.
|Copy of their Admit card/Hall ticket for improvement of performance|
in Class 12th /Qualifying Examination 2020.
|Candidates, who are appearing in class 12th /|
qualifying examination in 2020.
|Copy of their Admit card/Hall ticket for class 12th/Qualifying|
Candidates must bring their admit card at the examination center.
The examination hall will open 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam. A seat indicating Roll no. will be allocated to each candidate. You should find out and occupy your allocated seat only. If you are found to have changed your seat your candidature may be cancelled.
- You will not be allowed to carry any bag inside the examination centre.
- Smoking and Eating is not permitted in the Examination Hall.
- Tea, cold drinks, coffee and snacks are also not allowed to be taken inside the Examination Room.
- You are also not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written materials, bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except the Admit Card, identity proof, document as required inside the Examination Hall. If you are found in possession of any of the above items, it will be treated as resorting to unfair means and your current examination will be cancelled, you will be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized.
- You should take your seat immediately on the opening of the examination hall. If you do not report in time you may miss some of the general instructions that may be announced in the examination hall.
- You would not be allowed to enter the examination hall after the commencement of examination.
- You should show your Admit Card on demand. If you do not possess the Admit Card, you would not be permitted to write the examination.
- Ten minutes before the commencement of the exams, you will be given sealed Test Booklet with an Answer Sheet placed inside it. You need to fill in the required particulars on the cover page of the Test Booklet immediately with Ball Point Pen. Please do not open the Test Booklet or break open the seal till you are asked to do so.
- You shall not leave your seat or Examination room until the full duration of the paper.
- You should handover the answer sheet to the invigilator on duty before leaving the examination room.
Instructions for JEE Main 2020
- You should sign twice on the attendance sheet at the appropriate place - firstly on the commencement of the examination and secondly at the time of handing over the answer sheet to the invigilator. You will also be required to put your left-hand thumb impression on the attendance sheet.
- When you are asked to break open the seal of the Test Booklet, please take out the answer sheet carefully. You should check that the test booklet code printed on Side-2 of the answer sheet is the same as printed in the test booklet. if you find any discrepancy, you should immediately report to the invigilator and get both the test booklet and the answer sheet replaced.
- You should make sure that the test booklet contains as many pages as are written on the top of the first page of the test booklet.
- You should also verify the serial number and series of the test booklet with the serial number and series of the OMR sheet. In case you find any discrepancy the test booklet and OMR sheet should be immediately returned for replacement with another set of the same series.
- You should write particulars with blue/black point pen on both the sides of the answer sheet. You should not use the pencil.
- You should wait for the instructions by the invigilator for commencing the exam. The test will be of 3 hours duration.
- The paper will have 3 parts, carrying equal weightage - Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and all questions would carry equal marks.
- Each question will be allotted four marks for the correct response. One-fourth marks, i.e. one mark shall be deducted for each incorrect response. However, there will be no deduction if there is no response indicated for a question.
- All the questions shall be of single correct type MCQs, i.e. there will be one correct response for each question out of four options given.
- The invigilator will also put his/her signature in the place provided in the answer sheet on side-1.
JEE Main 2020 is a qualifying platform for nearly 2,24,000 students to JEE Advanced. This year, IITs have increased 4000 seats, hence making it easier for more candidates to qualify for JEE Advanced and aspire for their dream college.
JEE Main Exam Pattern
- The exam is conducted in online mode mode
- The question paper consists of 90 objective type of questions
- Paper has three sections (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics), each section carries 30 questions
- Duration of the paper is 3 houres (180 Minutes). Check JEE Main Syllabus
Subject-wise distribution of questions with marks is tabulated below:
|Subjects||Maximum Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||90 questions||360 marks|
Check detailed JEE Main Exam Pattern