Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020 is conducted by Directorate of Medical Education and Training broadly known as DMET. The Merit list for the counselling session has been released today on November 17, 2020. Check Result
The authority has released a notice stating that some MBBS vacancies in NRI lapsed under management quota in Self Financing Medical Colleges and BDS seats in Self Financing Dental Colleges under Management Quota. Therefore, all the willing can apply for NRI lapsed seats for MBBS course and management quota seats in BDS course in Self Financing Colleges by filling the application through online and upload the required documents from Jan 28 to 30, 2021. Apply Now
|Table of Contents|
The rank list which has been published includes the 7.5% reservation for government school students of Tamil Nadu state as promised by the authority. There is a total of 7400 seats are reserved for the MBBS programme whereas 2873 seats are reserved for BDS programme for this counselling session. After releasing the merit list, selected candidates can take part in the counselling session. Candidates will have to select their preferred college and courses during the counselling process. Check NEET Counselling
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020 Dates
|Release of application form||November 3, 2020|
|Last date to register||November 12, 2020, up to 5:00 P.M.|
|Declaration of Rank list||November 17, 2020|
TN NEET Counselling Schedule for Management Quota
|Dec 19, 2020||9:00 AM||1||786|
|Dec 21, 2020||9:00 AM||2008||2360|
|Dec 22, 2020||9:00 AM||3019||3395|
|Dec 23, 2020||9:00 AM||4014||4351|
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020?
Candidates should meet with the following the basic eligibility criteria to take Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020.
- Applicant must be an Indian Citizen and also a native of the state Tamil Nadu
- Candidates who have passed all the examinations from class 6 to class 12 from a school of that state need to produce some documents such as birth certificate, graduation certificate, etc.
- Candidates who have completed their studies from another state must show the photocopy of their parents’ certificate.
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years as on 31st December in 2020
- The maximum age limit of the candidate from general category must be 25 years and for the candidate belongs to reserved category such as SC/ST/OBC, the maximum age limit must be 30 years.
- Applicants should get through 10+2 with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology. Biotechnology and English as the main
- Applicants from general category must have secured 50% whereas ST/ST/OBC candidates have to secure 40%. 45% of marks will be secured by persons with disability candidates.
What is the Process for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020?
- The candidate will start the registration process as the first step of the counselling. The candidate will have to submit their preferences through online mode and based on that, seat allocation will be started for the selected applicant.
- Candidate must fill up the application form with all the required details through online and on the official website.
- After filling up the application form candidate must send the form along with the required documents to the address mentioned below.
What is the Registration Fee for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020?
- Candidates from all the categories will have to pay INR 500 as non-refundable registration fee and candidate belongs to a special category such as children of ex-serviceman, sportsperson, a person with disabilities, etc. have to pay INR 100 as an extra amount.
- The applicant can pay the registration fee through both online and offline mode. For the offline mode, the applicant will have to pay the fee through demand draft in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai.
- After successful completion of the entire registration, process candidate needs to check the rank list that will be published by the institute on their official website based on the marks secured by the candidates.
- After the merit list, a counselling schedule for the first round will be prepared by the institute. The applicant will be informed for the counselling session based on the list. Candidate can know the date, time and venue from the counselling schedule. For that, the candidate will have to download the call letter from the official website of the institute.
What are the Documents Required for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020?
All the candidate must carry all the required documents at the place of the counselling as without these documents the verification process will not be completed. All the required documents are given below.
- Marksheet of class 10th, 11th and 12th in original and a photocopy with both sides
- Transfer certificate of last attended school
- Certificate from Class 6 to 12 as a proof
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Scorecard
- Residential certificate for candidates who have studied from Class 6 to 12 outside the state
- Parent’s certificate for the candidates who are the domicile of the state
- Permanent community certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of Graduation (if required)
- A form of Special category with an additional form of Rs. 100 via Bank payment portal or through Demand Draft in favour of The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai - 600 010, payable at Chennai
What are the other Requirements for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020?
Some other requirements are as follows.
- Candidate who will register for the counselling session will have to report to the place of the counselling
- After the completion of the verification process all the candidate must log in to the official website with the credentials to enter their preferences for the courses and colleges
- The candidate who will be shortlisted for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020 need to download the call letter containing the date, time and the place of the counselling only from the official website.
- Candidate will have to present at the given time and place with the admit card, required documents and the call letter. And a seat allotment process will be declared.
- After the counselling session for the candidate the final result will be published by the institute.
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020 FAQ
Ques. Is it required to carry all the documents at the place of the counselling session for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020?
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory to bring all the documents along with the call letter downloaded from the official website of the institute at the place of the counselling for the verification process.
Ques. How to know the time of the counselling session for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020?
Ans. You will get to know the exact time of the counselling session from the call letter that will be released on the official website of the institute. And you have to download it.
Ques. Is it necessary to meet with all the eligibility criteria for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary to meet with all the eligibility criteria for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020 to get admission to the institute.
Ques. What are the factors that need to be considered for admission?
Ans. There are many factors such as state merit rank, preferences, availability of the seats, reservation criteria, etc that need to consider for the admission.
Ques. What are the numbers of seats in government colleges for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020?
Ans. There are total 1,200 seats are available for the government colleges for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020
Ques. What is the name of the official website for Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020?
Ans. For Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020, the candidate can check out tnmedicalselection.net