CIL Recruitment through GATE 2020 – Coal India Limited recruits GATE qualified candidates for the post of Management Trainees. GATE 2020 qualified applicants are eligible to apply for Coal India Limited Recruitment. The selection of candidates is based on the scores in GATE, written test, and personal interview. Check GATE Cut Off
- Candidates must note that there is no official notice has been released regarding the recruitment process till now.
- However, direct recruitment notice for the post of Management trainers had already been released. The direct recruitment does not require GATE Scorecard. The selection of candidates is totally based on B.Tech scores and CBT test conducted by the authorities.
p>Coal India Limited is a Maharatna public sector undertaking under the Ministry of Coal, Govt. of India. It is the single largest coal producing company in the world and one of the largest corporate employers in the country. It operates 413 mines in 82 mining areas across the country. IIT Delhi has released the result and scorecard on March 13, 2020. Read on to know more about CIL recruitment through GATE vacancies, eligibility criteria, application, and selection process.
Coal India Recruitment Dates
Coal India Recruitment Important Dates
Candidtes chek the dates all the events related to the recruitment process in the table below:
|Recruitment Process (With GATE)|
|Start Dates of Registration Process||To be announced soon|
|Last Dates of Registration Process||To be announced soon|
|Direct Recruitment (Without GATE)|
|Start Dates of Registration Process||Dec 21, 2019|
|Last Dates of Registration Process||Jan 19, 2020|
|CBT Test Dates||Feb 27 to 28, 2020|
|Interview Dates||To be announced soon|
Coal India Vacancy
Coal India Recruitment Vacancies & Reservation
Till now, the notification on CIL Recruitment has not been released, the details will be updated as soon as the information brochure will be released. Here, we are providing the category wise total number of vacancies in Coal India Recruitment through GATE exam (based on previous notifications):
|Post Code||Discipline||Total||UR||OBC (NCL)||SC||ST|
|15||Chemical/Mineral (Coal Preparation)||04||03||01||-||-|
|16||Electronics & Telecommunication||08||05||02||01||-|
|19||Systems/ IT Engineering||20||11||05||03||01|
|22||Finance & Accounts||257||126||72||38||21|
|23||Personnel & HR||134||69||37||19||09|
|24||Sales & Marketing||21||17||04||-||-|
Coal India Eligibility Criteria
Coal India Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria vary from post to post in CIL Recruitment. The educational qualification must be from a recognized university. The required eligibility for all the posts are the following:
|Post Code||Name of Discipline||Minimum Qualification|
B.E./B.Tech./AMIE/B.Sc.(Engg.)in relevant branch of Engineering with Minimum 60% marks
|15||C Chemical/ Mineral Engineering.|
|16||Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering|
|18||Environment Engineering||Degree in Environmental Engineering with minimum 60% marks Or any Engineering Degree with PG Degree/Diploma in Environmental Engineering from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks.|
|19||Systems/ IT Engineering||B.E./B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engg) in Computer Science/ Computer Engg./ IT or MCA, with minimum 60% marks.|
|20||Geology||M.Sc./M.Tech. in Geology or Applied Geology with minimum 60% marks|
|21||Materials Management||Engineering Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with MBA/ PG Diploma in Management with minimum 60% marks.|
|22||Finance & Accounts||Qualified CA/ICWA|
|23||Personnel & HR||Graduates with at least two years of full-time Post Graduate Degree/ PG Diploma/Post-Graduate Program in Management with specialization in HR/ Industrial Relations/ Personnel Management or MHROD or MBA or Master of Social Work with specialization in HR from recognized Indian University / Institutes with minimum 60% marks.|
|24||Sales & Marketing||Recognized Degree with MBA/ PG Diploma in Management with specialization in Marketing (Major) from Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks|
|25||Rajbhasha (Hindi)||M.A. in Hindi with minimum 60% marks and Graduation with Hindi and English as main subjects with minimum 50% marks|
|26||Community Development||Minimum Two years full-time Post-Graduate Degree or Post Graduate Diploma of two-year duration from a recognized University/ Institute in Community Development/ Rural Development / Community Organisation and Development Practice / Urban and Rural Community Development / Rural and Tribal Development / Development Management / Rural Management with minimum 60% marks OR Minimum 2 years full-time Post-Graduate Degree (from recognized University / Institute) in Social Work with specialization Community Development/ Rural Development/ Community Organization & Development Practice / Urban & Rural Community Development / Rural & Tribal Development/ Development Management with minimum 60% marks|
|27||Public Relations||Post Graduate Degree/ Post Graduate Diploma (Full-time courses) in Journalism/ Mass Communication/ Public Relations from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks.|
|28||Legal||Graduate in Law of 3 years/5 years’ duration from recognised University/Institute with minimum 60% marks.|
The upper age limit is 30 years for GEN/ OBC category. There is a relaxation in the age of 5 years for SC/ ST category and 3 years for OBC category. The age relaxation for Ex-servicemen category candidates is applicable as per govt. of India guidelines. The age limit will be calculated as on December 01, 2020.
Coal India Application Process
How to Apply for CIL Recruitment through GATE
Candidates willing to apply for Coal India through GATE Exam must know about the application procedure. They can apply by following these steps which are given below:
- Visit the official website of Coal India and click on Apply Online button.
- Read the important instructions and click on the ‘I Agree’ button.
- Register by filling up the details like discipline opted, name, category, contact, etc. and click on submit button.
- You will receive a user ID & password on your mobile no. and email id.
- Re-login through email, then fill up the application form and upload scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Make payment through debit card/ net-banking and take a print out of the same for its future reference.
Coal India Exam Pattern
Coal India Recruitment Exam Pattern
The written test comprises of two papers i.e. Paper-I & Paper-II. It consists of 100 questions and candidates need to solve the paper in three hours.
- Paper-I consists of General Knowledge, Reasoning, English and Numerical Ability.
- The discipline-related questions will be asked in Paper-II.
- Each question will carry 1 mark and there is no penalty for wrong answers.
- The paper is bilingual i.e. English & Hindi.
Candidates will have to obtain a minimum of 40 marks in each paper (35 marks for OBC category and 30 marks for SC/ST category). They will be called for personal interview as per the merit in the ratio of 1:3.
Coal India Selection Process
Coal India Recruitment Selection Process
The selection of candidates is done through a written test conducted by Coal India. Candidates with valid GATE score will undergo in the further process of the selection process. The qualified candidates in the written test will be called for a personal interview. The final merit list will be prepared on the performance of candidates in written test and personal interview. Candidature will be subject to verification of documents at the time of the interview.
- The selected candidates will be placed as Management Trainee in E2 grade at the initial basic of Rs. 20,600 during the training period.
- On successful completion of training, candidates will be regularized in E3 grade at the initial basic of Rs. 24,900/- with probation for 1 year.
- Besides the basic pay, dearness allowances, HRA, medical treatment, pension, etc. will be admissible to the remuneration as per the company’s rules.
- The selected candidates are required to serve the company for a minimum period of 5 years.
- An amount of Rs. 5000 will be deducted from their salary for 5 years. The deducted amount will be refunded with simple interest on completion of 5 years of service.
- The candidate will be required to execute a bond of Rs. 3 lacs for the same at the time of joining.
Coal India Recruitment General Instructions
- A candidate can apply for one discipline only. More than one application received will be rejected.
- No modifications are allowed after submits the online application form. If any discrepancies are found the data filled by candidate and original documents, their candidature is liable to be rejected.
- Candidates employed with PSUs/ government bodies have to produce No Objection Certificate at the time of the interview. If the candidate fails to provide NOC at the time of the interview, then they will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
- Coal India reserves to raise the minimum eligibility standards. CIL also reserves the right to reject any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The company reserves the right to shortlist candidates for computer based tests, reschedule the test date & venue, etc. depending upon the circumstances.
- For any further clarifications, candidates may send email to company’s email ID at email@example.com
The details in the article are based on the previous notification on CIL Recruitment through GATE. The details will be updated once the recruitment brochure is released. In case of any query, ask in the comments below.