GATE Financial Assistance is provided through the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies. The basic requirement to get GATE financial assistance in masters and doctorate programs is to qualify GATE 2021.
An amount of INR 12,400 per month (approximately) is provided to M.Tech students. To get financial assistance, you can check the eligibility criteria of the same and then apply for it. Other than admissions in M.Tech and research programs, candidates can also apply for PSUs accepting GATE score for the recruitment process.
Table of Contents
- BHEL Recruitment Through GATE
- IIT Madras Admission & Cut Off
- Check Your Rank Using GATE Rank Predictor
Read on to know more about GATE financial assistantship/scholarship in the following article.
What is GATE Financial Assistantship?
- Candidates with a valid GATE Score can avail the benefit of GATE financial assistantship/scholarship. Check About GATE Score Calculation
- This assistantship is provided on the semester basis for up to 2 years for M.Tech students.
- While for Ph.D. students, it is provided up to a maximum of 5 years.
- An amount of INR 12,400 per month is provided to M.Tech students.
- A monthly stipend of INR 25,000 for up to 2 years is provided to Ph.D. students.
- For the next 2 years, the financial assistance is raised by INR 3,000.
- Additional assistantships in the form of scholarships, fellowships, etc. may be available through other organizations, such as CSIR, DAE, etc.
Read About PSU BARC Recruitment Through GATE
Financial Assistance Amount
What is the GATE Scholarship Amount?
As per the information mentioned on the website of IIT Delhi, the GATE Scholarship/Financial Assistance is given below-
Know More PSU IOCL Recruitment Through GATE
Financial Assistance Eligibility
GATE 2021 Financial Assistance Eligibility
- Candidates having a valid score of GATE will be eligible to avail the financial assistance.
- Those who are admitted for part-time courses are not eligible for any scholarship/stipend scheme provided by GATE.
- Admissions before or after the validity of GATE scorecard will not be considered for a scholarship.
- Bank account name and candidate name should be the same.
- Joint accounts are not permitted for GATE scholarship
- The student must have general savings account in the bank. (frills account will not be accepted).
- GATE candidates admitted in engineering and architecture program are eligible for this scholarship
- Student who is in receipt of any kind of Scholarship/Stipend or salary etc. are not eligible for grant of PG Scholarship
- Students from non-sponsored categories admitted with valid GATE Score card are eligible.
- Creamy layer OBC candidates who had qualified under OBC category are not eligible for GATE scholarship
- Candidates qualified under SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/Physically Handicapped without authentic certificates are not eligible.
- GATE scholarship will be given from the date of commencement of classes/date of admission (whichever is later) to completion of courses/date of submission of the thesis.
- The scholarship will be disbursed for a maximum period of 24 months or till completion of courses/date of submission of the thesis whichever is earlier.
GATE Fellowship for Ph.D./MTech
GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) and SRF (Senior Research Fellowship) in CSIR, DST, DBT, ICMR, DRDO, ISRO, IIS and in the following institutes-
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore Campus
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
- Central Power Research Institute
- Institute for Plasma Research
- Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR)
- Centre for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation
- Indian Space Research Organization
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences
- Raman Research Institute
- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Central Inland Capture Fisheries Research Institute
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
- Regional Research Laboratory Indian Statistical Institute
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Forest Research Institute
- Indian School of Mines, Jharkhand
Read Detailed PSU Recruitment Through GATE
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 What is the eligibility for granting GATE Scholarship?
Ans: According to MHRD, the scholarship is entitled only to those students who are admitted in the AICTE approved Institutions/Course and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (IITs, IIITs, IISc Bangalore, IISERs, NITs, NITIE Mumbai, NERIST Arunachal Pradesh, SLIET Longowal, NIFFT Ranchi, NITTRs and SPAs) with a valid GATE score at the time of admission.
Q.2 I qualified the GATE exam after taking admission in the course. Whether I am eligible for granting the scholarship.
Ans: No, any student who qualifies the GATE after the date of admission will not be eligible for grant of scholarship for the reasons whatsoever it may be.
Q.3 What are the documents required to be uploaded by the student for availing financial assistance?
Ans: List of documents that are to be uploaded are provided below (Scanned PDF copy of)-
1. GATE scorecard
3. Aadhaar card
4. Caste certificate.
5. Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) certificate in respect of only OBC candidates.
Q.4 I am having a joint account with my family member. Can I upload the PDF copy of the same?
Ans: No, Joint Account is not accepted. Only General/Normal account should be opened. Either ‘no-frill accounts’ are acceptable.
Q.5 Whom to contact in case of any difficulties in accessing the portal for submitting an online application for applying for financial assistance?
Ans: You can avail Helpdesk Service on e-mail ID email@example.com, phone number 011-24369620 and fax number 011- 24369627 (from 9.30 am to.5.30 pm) on all working days for any queries.
Q.6 What is the procedure for Editing/Deleting the data wrongly entered by the Student/Institute?
Ans: In such cases where the wrong detail has been forwarded/entered on the portal, Student/Institute may lodge their grievance through e-mail supported with scanned copies of the documents with AICTE for resolving the issue.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.