GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2020: Every year GAIL (India) invites applications for the post of Executive Trainee on the basis scores obtained in GATE. Candidates having a degree in Chemical or Instrumentation Engineering are eligible to apply for the recruitment process.
- The last date of registration was March 12, 2020. Only applicants with valid GATE 2020 Scores will be considered for the selection process. If the authorities find any fault in GATE score card then that candidate will not be allowed to take part in the recruitment process.
- Previous year scores will not be accepted. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their GATE 2020 score will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The final selection is done based on the overall performance of the candidates. Check GATE Cut Off
GAIL India Limited is a Maharatana company owned by the state government. Candidates are advised to download their scorecards as it is one of the major documents required during the time of recruitment. Download GATE Scorecard
GAIL Recruitment Dates 2020
Important Dates for GAIL Recruitment
The important dates for GAIL recruitment are mentioned in the table below:
|Start Date of Application Process||Feb 02, 2020|
|Last Date of Online Application Process||March 12, 2020 (Closed Now)|
|Group Discussion/ Personal Interview||To be announced soon|
GAIL Recruitment Vacancy List 2020
GAIL Recruitment Category wise Vacancies
|Executive Trainee (Chemical)||E-2||6||1||-||6||2||15|
|Executive Trainee (Instrumentation)||E-2||5||1||1||2||2||10|
GAIL Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
GAIL Recruitment 2020 - Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply are required to fulfill the complete eligibility criteria prescribed by the authority.
- Young Engineers who wish to serve the organization at the position of Executive Trainee (ET) must have completed their Engineering in one of the following disciplines:
- Executive Trainee (Chemical): Full-time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in Chemical Discipline from recognized university /Institute approved by AICTE with minimum 65% marks or equivalent grade or AIME with minimum 65% marks or equivalent grade.
- Executive Trainee (Instrumentation): Full-time Bachelor Degree in Engineering Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Control/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electrical & Instrumentation/ Electronics/ Electrical & Electronics from recognized university /Institute approved by AICTE marks or equivalent grade or AIME with minimum 65% marks or equivalent grade.
Age Limit & Age Relaxations
- The upper Age Limit is 28 years as on March 13, 2020.
Category wise age relaxation
|PwD (OBC)||15 Years|
|PwD (SC/ST)||15 Years|
Who are not eligible for GAIL Recruitment?
- Candidates who have completed their Bachelor's degree in Engineering in the above-mentioned branch in the year 2018 or earlier are not eligible to apply for the post of Executive Trainee.
- Candidates who will exceed the age limit criteria are not eligible to apply for the recruitment process.
- Only candidates who have a valid GATE score can apply for the same.
Medical and Health
- The candidate has to clear the medical fitness standards as they have been laid down by the organization at the time of joining.
- Every candidate appointed to a post in the Company shall be required to get their PreEmployment Medical Examination done in a Central/ State Government Hospital (having the status of minimum District Hospital) or in GAIL nominated impaneled hospitals and submit Medical reports in the prescribed formats issued by Medical Authority i.e. Chairman of Medical Board or Civil Surgeon or Medical Superintendent or Chief Medical Officer or the equivalent of a Central/ State Government Hospital (having the status of minimum District Hospital) or in GAIL nominated impaneled hospital.
Also Check GATE Eligibility Criteria
GAIL Recruitment Salary & Benefits
GAIL Recruitment 2020 – Salary & Benefits
- Selected candidates will recruit on the pay scale of Rs.60,000 – 1,80,000/- at the Basic Pay of Rs.60,000/- during one-year training cum probation as Executive Trainee in E-2 grade.
- Pay and Allowances details: Basic Pay as applicable in the grade, Variable Dearness Allowance (VDA) at the applicable rates and perks & allowances under cafeteria approach.
- Variable Pay details: Performance Related Pay based on individual and organizational performance.
- Other Benefits details: Company Accommodation / Leased Accommodation / HRA, medical facility, group insurance, house building advance, conveyance advance, furnishing advance/ PC advance, etc.
- Superannuation Benefits details: Besides Contributory Provident Fund and Gratuity, employees who superannuate from GAIL after rendering a minimum of 15 years of service will also be entitled to pension and PostRetirement Medical Benefits under Defined Contributory Scheme of the company.
GAIL Recruitment Application Process
GAIL Recruitment 2020 – Application Process
Just mere successful completion of the GAIL application form does not entitle the candidate to claim for the position in the organization. The necessary details provided on the site must be fulfilled.
Step 1: Visit the official website and click on GAIL recruitment link.
Step 2: Register online – On successful registration with GAIL (India), a unique number will be generated by the system and the candidate must keep the number. This will be required at the time of the interview. A candidate can apply to one position only.
Step 3: The printout of the application form must be kept by the candidate for future reference. Candidates do not have to send this form to the authority office.
- The photographs on the GAIL registration form should be the same as that on the GATE Exam 2020. The original GATE 2020 admit card has to be produced at the time of the interview or group discussion.
- The signature should be the same for both the GAIL registration and GATE 2020 Registration.
GAIL Recruitment Selection Process
GAIL Recruitment 2020 – Selection Process
- Appearing and qualifying GATE 2020 is mandatory and without GATE scores candidates will not be considered eligible for the selection process.
- Based on the GATE 2020 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion/ Personal Interview rounds for the position of Executive Trainee.
- Candidates must note that only GATE 2020 score is valid.
- GATE scores of 2019 or prior to that are not valid.
Documents Required for GAIL
GAIL Recruitment Important Documents
Scanned copies of the documents to be included are:
- Matriculation/Secondary school certificate as proof for D.O.B.
- Full set of Marksheet for class 12th and Graduation and Post Graduation if eligible.
- Cast certificate in the prescribed format as given by the government of India in the case of OBC candidates. Also community certificate at the time of registration for OBC candidate.
- Disability certificate as given by the approved authority as per the rules laid down by the Government of India.
- Any OBC candidate who is not falling into the NON CREAMY category has to put his /her category details as GENERAL.
- Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC: The minimum percentage as required by SC, ST and PWD candidates is 60%. Wherever minimum percentage of marks have been specified as 60%, a relaxed minimum percentage of marks in educational qualification in respect of SC, ST and PWD candidates is 55% however SC/ ST /PWD candidates applying against unreserved posts shall be considered under the general standard of merit and no relaxation in minimum qualifying.
- A certificate stating that the degree is completed in full time by the participant signed by the principal. An exception is there for AMIE.
- A certificate for the conversion of grades /CGPA to percentage of marks based on the provision given by the university /Institution from where you have completed the degree.
- Copy of GATE 2020 Admit Card/Registration form.
- You are required to upload the documents in the separate spaces provided for each document.
- For future use keep a print out of the application form /registration slip for future use.
Important Points to Keep in Mind
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Students who will give their final exams from March 2020 –May/June 2020 can apply.
- The information was given by the student if found that it is not legitimate the student candidature is subjected to immediate termination.
- Caste Certificate should be inline with the GAIL certificate details given.
- If it is found that you are above the age limit after clearing the exam your admission will not be considered.
- It is necessary to have an email Id and keep it functional throughout the examination process as all the notifications will be sent via email.
- Request for the change of the registered email id will not be considered once the registration process is complete.
- The candidates who are currently working with any Government/Non-Government organization/PSU/Autonomous bodies have to furnish a NOC (No Objection Certificate) at the time of joining GAIL. If not furnished the candidature will be considered terminated.
- In case of ambiguity that comes up during the process of selection because of the language issues, the support will be given to the meaning of the statements in the English language.
- GAIL holds the right to increase the eligibility criteria at any time without any prior information to the candidate.
- GAIL holds all the rights to cancel/alter/terminate/restrict/enlarge/modify the recruitment process at any time without prior information or updated given to the candidates.
- The vacancies that are stated can be increased or decreased by the discretion of GAIL authority without intimating the candidate.
- In case of any dispute, the jurisdiction of the competent court of Delhi will be considered.
- Anytime found that the candidate is doing any kind of illegal or forgery activities the candidature is subjected to termination.