GATE 2020 Answer Key (BT): The conducting body of GATE BT will release the answer key after the declaration of the result. Candidates can visit the official website gate.iitd.ac.in to download the question paper and answer key. IIT Delhi will conduct GATE 2020 Biotechnology (BT) Paper on February 3 (tentatively) in a single session. Check GATE 2020
- After the evaluation of exam papers, the results for the exam in the form of scores are announced. Know more
- As per the schedule, GATE 2020 Result will be released on March 16 at the GOAPS portal.
- The qualifying marks for this session are expected to range between 25 – 27 marks (Gen. category). Check GATE Cut off
- As per the previous year's trends, the majority of questions are framed out of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Cell Biology. Check GATE Paper Analysis
The Official GATE Answer key and Question Paper –
How to Download GATE 2020 Answer Key (BT)?
- Visit the official website for GATE i.e. gate.iitd.ac.in
- Enter your Application ID and password in the respective credential fields.
- Click on the Login button
- An option for downloading the answer key will be present on the screen.
- Download the answer key and match the answers with your attempted answers.
- Take a print out for better analysis and future reference.
GATE 2020 BT Paper Analysis
- The difficulty level of GATE is expected to be moderate.
- Apart from a few tricky questions, the paper is easy to attempt and score.
- As gathered from the candidates, the paper has more Clinical and Numeric questions and lesser theoretical questions.
- The questions are majorly from core Biotechnology subjects, that are Microbiology, Biochemistry and others.
- The Clinical questions were application based and the numerical questions were direct.
- Candidate has to enter the obtained numeric value which can also be a decimal using the virtual keyboard present on the screen.
- There will not be any options present for the applicant to choose from. The question is to be solved and then the answer value is to be manually entered.
|Engineering Mathematics||13% of total marks weightage|
|General Aptitude||15% of total marks weightage|
|Subject Questions||72% of total marks weightage|
GATE 2020 Expected Cut off
Cut off marks for GATE 2020 BT vary on the basis of the candidate’s category. The general cut off marks for all categories are as follows:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Cut off Marks|
|SC, ST and Physically Handicapped||25.30|
Tie Breaker Criteria:
In the case of two or more candidates obtaining the same marks in the examination, the merit rank is decided by using the tiebreaker criteria as follows:
- The candidate who has more marks in the Subject Questions section is preferred over the candidate with lesser marks.
- If that does not make a difference, the date of birth of the candidates will be taken into consideration. The older candidate will be given higher rank over the younger applicant.
Also Check GATE Participating Institutes