GATE Answer Keys 2020 (CH) will be announced at GOAPS portal by IIT Delhi. Visit the official website (gate.iitm.ac.in) in order to download the question paper and answer key
- GATE 2020 will be conducted on February 10 in a single session.
- The exam was conducted in CBT across 199 cities across India and 6 international centers.
- The coordinating body will release GATE 2020 Result by March 16 at gate.iitm.ac.in. The results will be released in the form of scores.
- The cut off for GATE is expected to range in between 35 – 38 marks.
- Candidates qualifying the exam will have a choice to go for a Masters degree or can apply to the top most PSUs offering Engineer Trainee posts. Read about PSU Recruitment through GATE
How to Check GATE 2020 CH Answer Key?
- Visit the official website of GATE i.e. gate.iitm.ac.in
- Enter the required credentials i.e. Enrollment ID, Registration Number and Date of Birth
- GATE CH Answer key will be displayed on your screen.
- Check and download it for future reference.
How to challenge GATE Answer Key?
- Log into GATE Online Application Processing System.
- Go through the guidelines given carefully.
- Agree by checking on the declaration.
- Click on the “Contest Answer Key" tab to be able to pay and mail objections related to the answer.
- INR 500 has to be paid via online portal provided for every question. NRI candidates of GATE will have to pay the US $10 per question being challenged.
- It is important to use the correct question number given in the question paper to challenge.
- Attach a justified proof for challenging the answer key.
GATE CH Paper Analysis
- GATE chemical Engineering Exam was divided into 2 sections- General Aptitude and Technical Questions.
- 15 Questions were asked from the General Aptitude section and 85 questions were from Technical Section.
- Technical section further has 1 mark and 2 marks questions.
- You can find the number of questions asked from each topic in the table: -
|Name of the Topic||Number of 1 Mark Questions||Number of 2 Mark Questions|
|Chemical Reaction Engineering||3||4|
|Plant Design and Economics||3||1|
|Instrumentation and Process Control||4||2|
|Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics||2||3|
GATE 2020 Expected Cut off
GATE Cut off is the minimum score which must be scored by candidate in order to reserve a seat. The cut off varies for different institutes, streams and the category of candidate. Expected GATE Cut offs (stream-wise) for the year 2020 is provided below (on the basis of previous year cut offs)-
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Cut Off|
GATE Cut off for CH 2017 for Various Institutes
|Name of the Institute||General||OBC||SC||ST||PWD||Gen PWD||OBC PwD|
|IIT Delhi Direct Admission||670||630||535||445||535|
|IIT Delhi -Interview and Shortlisting||540||450||375||300||375|
Check GATE Participating Colleges with Fees
GATE CH Answer key and Question Paper